Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Eyes Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters

Want to Read The Next Chapter?
Yes
Blue Eyes Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap100%Blue Eyes Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Blue Eyes Chapter 1 I_vote_lcap0%Blue Eyes Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28174

Blue Eyes Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Blue Eyes Chapter 1   Blue Eyes Chapter 1 EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:27 pm

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" Stephanie threw one of her feathered pillows at her new alarm clock.
"Oh, shut up why don't ya," Stephanie yelled at the clock.
"BEEP! BEEP!"
Stephanie sat up. Her sandy blond hair was in her face. She unplugged the clock and threw it across the room.
"That's how you shut it up."
She flopped back down across her new neon green bedspread. Today was the first day of the first year of high school. She tucked her hands behind her head and closed her eyes. It's just another one of them days. Nuthin' special. Why couldn't summer last one more day? Why couldn't she like going to a school of torture and strangers? While Stephanie was wondering this, she soon drifted back to sleep. It felt good, being able to sleep. It was peaceful. No alarm clocks, nobody telling you what to do, and no rushing to get ready. All you did was sit and dream. It was quiet except for the birds chirping out side, until something broke it all together.
"Stephanie Elizabeth Kidd," Her mother shouted, making Stephanie jump up. "You get up this instant or you're walking to school! And get out of that ratty T-shirt and into some descent clothes!"
"Okay! Just stop yellin' at me!"
"I wouldn't have to yell if you were up and ready like your sister Rebecca!"
Rebecca stood at the doorway to her older sister's room, staring at Mother. Rebecca was Stephanie's perfect younger sister. She had brunette hair with bleach blond highlights, emerald green eyes, and was always cheerful and with friends. Stephanie secretly envied her sister, because she was a favorite to everyone. Stephanie gave Rebecca an evil stare, hoping she would back away and fall back into her own business. Nope. She stood there, pretending to be bored. Mother was yelling her head off and Rebecca was testing her.
"Go mind your own business, Rebecca," Stephanie shot at her sister. "You stay out of this! Go eat breakfast or something!"
"I already did, Smartypants!"
"Then go play a game, blow the house up, or just kiss a boy! Just leave!"
Rebecca retreated, rolling her eyes.
"That is no way to treat your little sister!"
"Mom, just leave!"
"You better be down stairs by 6:30, or your grounded from your computer!"
Mother left without saying a word after that. That was Mom. Always trying to control someone's life. Stephanie's computer was practically her best friend, because Stephanie didn't really have any real friends herself. See, she wasn't social like Rebecca, another feature she envied.
Stephanie forced herself off her soft bed onto the cold wooden floor. She had always liked the cold, but today it didn't matter. Her trudged over to the closet door and swung it open. She took one of her new outfits off of its hanger and looked over at her mirror. A navy blue T-shirt with a jersey number on the back with a light blue jean shirt that cut off at her thighs. That would do. She grabbed a pair of her old cowboy boots and shoved them onto her bare feet. she stared at herself in the mirror. That doesn't look to bad, all I need is my hair done, and those earrings shaped like boots I just bought.
Stephanie picked up her old hairbrush and dug it into her hair. It came out smoothly and made her hair look shiny. When she finished, she took a burette from the shelf and to ponytail holders. After neatly putting her hair up in a little poof thing at the top and two ponytails, she ran across the hall to get her new earrings and run downstairs. When she retrieved her earring goal, she jumped down the flight of stairs into the kitchen.
"Well, I didn't expect you would be that excited," remarked Mrs.Kidd.
"I'm not," Stephanie replied curtly. "I just want my computer."
"Here is your breakfast. Eat it quickly before the bus arrives."
Mother handed her a bowl of soggy Cheerios. Stephanie took the bowl and slurped it all down slowly.
"Sqeeeeeak! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"
Stephanie slapped herself. This time she couldn't throw the bus at the wall.
"Jeez! I'm comin'!"
Stephanie picked up her old backpack and threw open the door. She ran out not bothering to close it. Down the hill, over the mailbox, and to the street she ran. She saw Rebecca waving to her from their dirty garage.
"Bye, Steph," Rebecca shouted cheerfully. "See ya in a few!"
Stephanie flashed a tiny smile at Rebecca and jumped into the bus. She didn't see any other kids on here but herself. The bus driver waved at her, but she only ignored him. All she did was groan. She felt a pain in her stomach, but she had to face reality sooner or later.
The bus stopped about five minutes later and a boy stepped in. She couldn't see his face very well, but he looked nice. He wore a jersey looking shirt like Stephanie, but it was the real thing, and he had on an old pair of jeans with holes in the knees. He said hello to the driver and looked over at Stephanie. The boy walked over to her and smiled.
"Hi," the boy said in perfect English. "I didn't know anyone lived around here in this part of Tennessee."
"Hmm... Nice try bud, but there are plenty of people in this neighborhood," Stephanie replied with a sense of humor in her voice.
"Okay, okay! You caught me there. But I never knew anyone around my age lived near here."
Stephanie rolled her eyes, smiling.
"Why don't you just ask me if you can sit here?"
"You just asked for me, so thank you. What's your name?"
"I'll let you guess."
" Let me guess. Bob, Larry, oh no wait! I know! It's Kevin!"
Stephanie screamed out in laughter. She didn't know way, but she couldn't control herself. The boy looked at her as if her had gone mad.
"Ha ha, I was just kidding. My name is Dirk. Dirk Cameron."
"I...I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me... My name is Stephanie Kidd."
"That name sounds really familiar... but I would remember someone like you."
"Is that a complement?"
"You wish," he replied looking at her smiling.
The bus stopped about a minute after. A pretty bleach blond girl with curls and a new pink dress stepped on the bus. She simply flipped her hair and glanced at Stephanie as if she were discusted and smiled a beautiful white smile at Dirk. Did they know each other or something? Whatever it was, she was trying to impress him or at least get his attention.
"Hi, Dirk! Oh my gosh! Who is your little friend?"
Stephanie rolled her eyes at the girl. She obviously didn't like Stephanie for some reason or another.
"It's Stephanie."
Dirk brushed his straight blond hair out of his eyes, revealing them to be a very beautiful hazel, almost as blue as the sky itself.
"Oh, hey Connie. Long time, no see."
There was the answer to Stephanie's question. They knew each other. Connie flipped her hair and smiled. What a prep. Did she seriously just flip her hair and smile at him? She looks pretty desperate. Stephanie didn't usually think about other people like that, but this girl was flirting away. Anyone could see that.
After a bunch of other teenagers arrived on the bus, they arrived at their new high school, or at least, her new high school. She had no friends, no tour guides, and knew nothing about being social. Except for Dirk, this school year was not doing very good so far.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Blue Eyes! I'll post some more soon!
~Nikki
P.S. News Flash! I will post a new chapter every Friday! Somethin' y'all can look forward to!

Last edited by NikkiSwift411 on Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to add a poll to see what y'all think!)
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31669

Blue Eyes Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Eyes Chapter 1   Blue Eyes Chapter 1 EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:21 pm

I like it. The name is exotic sounding for some reason. But really, its good. I think I saw no more than three or four mistakes in there. Like way somehwhere should've been why. Anyhoo, its good. More! More!
Back to top Go down

Blue Eyes Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1