Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*

Go down 
+3
Luv2Type
Arrow
cheez_burger
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129778
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Here is a link to a site that explains the games far better than I ever could: http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/The_Games

On reaping day all children between 12 and 18 are gathered together. Then out of a huge glass bowl two names written on small, white pieces of paper are drawn. If you want you can volunteer to go into the arena for the person drawn, but this rarely happens.

Each player was reaped and so are now forced to play in the games.

When a player dies in the Games, a cannon is shot and as soon as their body is deserted, a hoverplane comes and takes them away. The only exception for this is at the initial battle at the Cornucopia. The Gamemaker waits for all of the fighting to end before firing cannons, because it's too hard to tell who's died.

At the end of each day, the anthem is played, and faces are projected into the sky, showing all the tributes who have died that day.

Deciding the Winner:

Because I want this SB to last as long as possible, I am going to be deciding the winner based on posts. In your profiles, you are going to say how much you hope to post. From that I will create an initial list of in what order people will die. After that, I will see how people's posts go, and from there I will configure the list, updating it regularly.

However, if you post ten little entries a day then you are not likely to do anything other than annoying us to death. We don't wish for you to over post and spam the SB. Instead, one or two long, plot-driving, well written and grammatically correct posts will get you far. Keep that in mind.

Killing People Off:

Do not, under any circumstances, kill off someone that is not low down on the list. If they are the last person on the list, then you have to PM them and get their permission first. If they say no, then wait. Someone doesn't have to die every day; just post to further the plot some other way. If, however, they've been the last person on the list for a long time, then they must let go of their character; if they care so much, then they'll post more and better, anyways.

Also, if some people haven't posted in more than a week without saying that they will be gone, ask around, and if nobody knows, PM them. Either they will PM back saying that you can kill them--in which it's okay--or, if they don't answer, wait a few days and if nobody's heard from them, PM me and I will probably give you permission. So, if you're going to be gone, make sure we know so you don't come back to a dead character.

On another note, once we've started, I will name all of the spots that haven't been taken. These are people that you are allowed to mercilessly kill off, either at the original battle/bloodbath or later on. However, I would not advise that you kill them all off at once, because they will give you opponents without offending other people, or being able to kill them without facing a mad creator.

The Gamemaker:

The Gamemaker will be controlled by me. I will be controlling what your "mentors" will be sending out to you. I am also at liberty to make any twist in the game I so choose, of any kind. I can make up new rules on a whim, and change them to my desire. I promise to be completely fair when distributing gifts and rules and twists. Every so often I will post the list of who is in order to win, and where everyone is, that way you can keep track of each other.

If I am unable to post, or if she feels that the game needs a little nudge, Tobi-Chant will temporarily become Gamemaker. While she is going to create a character, she will be completely fair and will not unfairly tip the scales in her advantage. If anything, she will torture her character more than the others--she's evil that way.

Oh, and if you have any ideas as to twists, feel free to PM me, though I cannot promise I will use it.

The Cornucopia/The Starting Line:

While all of this is available, be reasonable; you’ve read the books--most of you, anyway--and know how much stuff a person can get and still escape. Don’t have your character miraculously get to Level 6 and make away with a ton of stuff; you will get PMed and asked to change your post. Also, I will cross things out as people take them, and it's first come, first serve. Just post the things that you pick up when you make a post. I'm going to trust you to not unfairly tip the scales by getting amazing things.

Any suggestions you have for things are appreciated.

BAG LEVELS OF THE CORNUCOPIA

Level 1

Water proof 3’ x 3’ tarp - Two
Small bag holding a pair of sunglasses and a pair of tweezers - One
Ultra small bag holding a toothbrush and toothpaste - One
A bar of soap - Three
Pocket knife - just the knife - Two
Water bottle - 20 oz. - empty - Two

Level 2

Iodine tablets - Four
Band aids - Five
Sewing and thread - Three
Colored yarn - One
Dry fruit - Two
Thin rope - One
Flint stones - Three
Boomerang - One
Pocket knife - including all of the little tools in it - One
Backpack holding band aids, sunglasses, and sunscreen - One
Water jug - 20 oz. - full - One
Dagger - Two
Steel pipe - One

Level 3

Small container of very bright face and body paint. - Two
First aid kit - containing band aids, antiseptic cream, sunscreen, and bug spray - One
Flashlight - Two
Bandages - like the kind you wrap around your ankle - One
Dart gun - Two
Poison - Three
Sweat shirt - Two
Knife - Four
Baseball cap - Two
Water bottle - ½ gallon - full - One
Nun chucks - One
Hammer - Two
A spool of thin wire - Three
A pair of pliers - One
Bug spray - Three
Night vision glasses - like Rue had - One

Level 4

Medium size container of face and body paint - One
Bow and Arrows - One
Sleeping bag - Two
Axe - Two
Sword - One
Shield - One
Big knife - One
Backpack containing - flashlight, extra batteries, iodine tablets, hooks - One
Backpack containing - poison, sweatshirt, bug spray, socks, beef jerky, crackers - One
Thick rope - One
Spool of barb wire - Two
Lanterns - Two
Sound recorder - One
Spear - One
Water bottle - ½ gallon - empty - Two

Level 5

Bag containing matches, water skins, dagger, spray bottle, protein bars - One
Bag containing - any three level 1 items and two level 2 items - One
Bag containing - any three level 2 items - One
Bag containing - any two level 3 items - One
Spear - Two
Sword - Three
Dagger - Four
Extra arrows - One
Thick rope - Two
Bag containing - sun glasses, calamine lotion, spray bottle - One
Sleeping bag - Two

Level 6 Pretty much only the Careers will get anything from here.

Bushels of apples, nuts, sun flower seeds
Jugs of water
Grenades
Nun chucks
Steel pipes
Sleeping bags
Night vision glasses - like Rue had
Thin and thick rope
Swords
Daggers
Spears
First aid kits
Bandages
Knives
Flashlights
Torches
Matches
Lighters

The Outfits:

Black jeans, black long-sleeved shirt, and black work boots. All of these hold sopping amounts of water and don't dry for a very long time.

Each tribute is allowed to bring one item - which cannot in any way be used to help their survival - as a symbol of their home/life.

These are the only things you will be bringing into the arena.

Rules:

-> No god-modding of any kind. These are average kids, and most of them don't know squat about fighting or survival, or at most one of the two.
-> No heavy romance. They are trying to kill each other.
-> Violence is encouraged, but don't get too descriptive.
-> Only swear if it adds to your character. Don't overuse, or have a swear word every other word.
-> Don't make things to easy for your character. They could lose their life at any second, and it's going to be hard. Make sure that if they haven't drank in a long time, then they get dehydrated and the side effects that go along with it. Likewise for everything else, also.
-> Only join if you're committed.

Districts: Author's Note: When making your character from a certain district, make sure that they are believably developed according to their district. Example: People from District 4 are going to be good fisherman, and will know how to make knots. People from Districts 1, 2, and 4 will most likely have had training, and may have volunteered. They often form early alliances. Give your characters skills from their district, and don't give them skills they would never have had a chance to learn.

District Roles

District 1 (Luxury Goods for the Capitol)
Girl -
Guy -
District 2 (Medicine)
Girl -
Guy -
District 3 (Machinery/Factories)
Girl - Tobi-chan--> Vreni Baara
Guy -
District 4 (Fishing)
Girl -
Guy - Tobi-chan--> Sebastian Cross
District 5 (Livestock)
Girl -
Guy -
District 6 (Scientific Research)
Girl - Tobi-chan--> Lamia Nekana
Guy -
District 7 (Lumber)
Girl - Arrow --> Arrow Byrd
Guy -
District 8 (Weaving/ Clothes-making)
Girl -
Guy - Tobi-chan--> Fletcher Douglas
District 9 (Hunters)
Girl - Luv2Type--> Nadia Leeson
Guy - Tobi-chan--> Travis Solomon
District 10 (Mathematical Research)
Girl -
Guy -
District 11 (Agriculture)
Girl -
Guy -
District 12 (Coal)
Girl - Cheez_burger--> Katniss Everdeen
Guy - Arrow--> Peeta Mellark

Character Profiles

Name:

District:

Appearance/Picture:

History:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Personality:

Up For Alliances?: When making an alliance, be sure to PM the other character's maker so that you are clear on the terms of the alliance.

Your Symbol: symbols cannot have any uses. So no necklaces with poison in them or anything.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day):

Other: (Career or not?)

Who will survive?

I may alter the games. Perhaps more than one may win. If you wish to have a character, refer to the book, or this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100518162700AACHbmv
These people do not have to die in the order that they did in the book. Send me a PM if you wish to join, who you want to join as, and I'll either approve or deny.

Gifts:
Put gift requests in bold at the end of posts.

Last edited by cheez_burger on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am

Name: Katniss Everdeen

District: 12

Appearance/Picture: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Katniss+everdeen#/d2vqr1a

History: Katniss was born to a poor family in District 12. She, her mother, and her little sister, Primrose Everdeen, had been forced to live on their own after their husband and father was killed in a coal mine explosion. Katniss took the weight of caring for her family onto her shoulders and snuck out into the woods behind the fence surrounding her district to hunt. She met Gale there, who is her best friend now.

Skills: Shooting a bow and arrow, knowing which plants to eat and what not to eat. Creative. Can survive anywhere if she has to. Knows how to heal.

Weaknesses: She has a temper and an impulsive attitude. Doesn't really think before doing. Combat isn't her strong point.

Personality: Not much is known about Katniss Everdeen's early life, but a few pieces here and there have been revealed to readers. Her birthday is May 8, and she has been independent ever since she was little. Katniss was close to her father and spent much time with him in the forbidden woods. There he taught her about hunting and nature.
When she was 11 years old, her father died in an explosion while in the mines underground. Katniss related in the book that she still has nightmares about the explosion and the day her father died, four years later. She resents her mother's depression- caused by Mr. Everdeen's death- which left her unable to care for Katniss and her sister Prim. Katniss was thrust into the role of provider and nurturer. Now the things she learned from her father became the lifeline for the whole family. She became rather good at hunting and selling the illegal food at The Hob, the local Black Market. The Mayor and The Peacekeepers look the other way because they too need better food and are in fact the best customers of her wares. The profit she made from these transactions was the only thing keeping her family alive.
Katniss continues to deal with the emotions from the responsibilities thrust upon her, although her mother is now slowly recovering. She was entered 20 times into the reaping.

Up For Alliances?: Sure, why not? I'm only here for Prim and to survive...

Your Symbol: Mockingjay Pin

How much are you willing to post?: 1

Other: Not a Career, heck no.

Last edited by cheez_burger on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28518

PostSubject: I have two characters   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Name: Arrow Byrd

District: 7

Appearance/Picture: long brown curly hair(down to waist) light green eyes, slit like cat eyes light brown cocoa skin( just for imagrey(no racism intended))

History: both parents died in a wildfire. On her own

Skills: Great with, bow and arrow, two double edged axes/hatchet and most knives

Weaknesses: bad with a sword and shield

Personality: smart, funny, sarcastic and witty

Up For Alliances?: District 12,11,and 5
Your Symbol: wolf necklace.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 4

Other: No career

Level
5 pack!!!

Last edited by arrow on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31689

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Name: Nadia Leeson

District: 9

Appearance/Picture: Blonde/golden hair, gray-lavender eyes, pale skin, pale pink lips.

History: Parents escaped from 12 when she was just two, tried to sneak into forest at age 10 and was grazed by a bullet on her arm

Skills: Hunting, can make easy alliences, quiet, can make bandages out of leaves for certain cuts, somewhat knows which plants are safe to eat, good with bows&arrows, somewhat good with daggers, can set traps

Weaknesses: Somewhat scared of the dark, sometimes too friendly, worrisome.

Personality: Happy, friendly, kind, caring, a little snappy.

Up For Alliances?: 12,7,2,4
Your Symbol: Silver circular locket with engraved arrow on front. Inside: crushed up rose petals from Mother.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 5; a few times a week/every other day (hopefully/if not everyday. Depends on homework& freetime levels.)

Other: Not career, speedy alliances might be made later in Games. Faints are over-production of blood sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm

What I want: Level 2 bag.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Specific: The dagger and/or iodine tablets.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Alliances: May I add Rach/Miryna? We just talked and are both cool with it.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28928

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Name: Miryna Nahely Jase

District: 2

Appearance/Picture:Short, brown curls. Blue eyes. Not tall, but not short, and thin.

History: She was born to Mena and Bram Jase on March 10th, and is their only child. Mena and Bram run the main drugstore in the wealthy part of town, so she has grown up wealthy and has always had everything she ever needed at her fingertips. She enjoys going to the store to buy her mother and father herbs, and she goes to school. She has a crush on Duard, the mayors son. Her best friend ,Nina, lives next door to her. Nina's family owns the bakery, and she has taught Miryna how to decorate cookies and cakes, resulting in her love for art. It was a big shock that she was picked in the reaping, because she has entered her name only about twice. Her mother and father are devastated and desperatly afarid that she will die. She has lots of family, about 4 aunts, 6 cousins, and 4 grandparents. They all are desperatly hoping that she will win and come home safe. She can be timid of things that are new to her, but is trying to be bold and optimistic about the Games. She is popular at school, and her friends are desperatly hoping that she will come home safe. Since she is friends with most of the wealthy teenagers at school, she will most likely have lots of rich sponsers.

Skills:Can make medicene and identify herbs and plants that can be used to make medicene. She is good at art.

Weaknesses: Does not like to kill animals or people. She will not stab you in the back if she is your alliance, and will be very open to sharing what she has. She is not used to hunger or dehydration, and is very timid. She tends to trust people a bit too much, and will quickly make friends, thus also resulting in her desire to kill no one.
Personality:She looks delicate, and acts that way too because she has grown up with everything she needs at her fingertips. She is very loving towards poeple who are less fortunate, and will share willingly.

Up For Alliances?: Yes. She already has an alliance with Nadia Leeson. She is more than welcome to any other alliances.
Your Symbol: Braclet with a picture of her family in a hidden compartment.

How much are you willing to post? 9(twice a week, maybe three, it depends on homework)
Other: Not a career.

Last edited by Rachelle41 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:55 pm

By the way, I wanted the full jug of water and the iodine tablets from Level 2.
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28518

PostSubject: My other guy...   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 am

Name: Peeta Mellark

District: 12

Appearance/Picture

History: parents are bread makers

Skills: artistry and basic skills.

Weaknesses: Katniss Smile

Personality: did you read the BOOK

Up For Alliances?: District 12,11,and 5 and 7

Your Symbol: mockingjay locket.

How much are you willing to post 1-10 (10 being once a week 1 being a few times a day): 4

Other: HECK No career

Pack that best for Katniss

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=peeta%20mellark&order=9&offset=0#/d2zg0xe
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29067

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Name: Sebastian Cross

District: Four

Appearance/Picture: Tall and thin, with slightly long black hair and deathly pale skin.
His eyes are eerily bright blue, appearing almost white at times.

History: Sebastian was raised by his older sister, Halina. They were relatively well-off, and Sebastian was your average District kid until his sister was brutally murdered by Career trainers who wanted him to join them (though he doesn't yet know this). In the end, they got what they wanted; psychologically scarred, Sebastian joined them due to his twisted desire for repentance.

Skills: He has a lethal aim, is surprisingly swift for his height, and can hold his breath for over thirty minutes.
Follow this link to see an example of his fighting style Wink : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJivGAJmLEM&feature=related I hope this shows at least some fighting...I couldn't find this guy without gruesome battle scenes anywhere else.

Weaknesses: He's a tad on the psycho side, and is dangerously protective of his symbol.

Personality: Sebastian was extremely fond of his sister; he thought of her as more of a mother, really. He doesn't know what happened to their parents, but he doesn't care as long as he has Halina.
Her death changes things for him. At first he attempted suicide, but the Career trainers wormed their way into his mind, filling it with violence and hatred for the world. He accepted their offer, and was trained in the art of killing for the years thereafter.
He is a bit insane. Occasionally, he will show fondness towards people who resemble his sister, before killing them. His symbol was given to him by Halina before her death, and he values it more than his life. Truly, he is a tragic man. Sometimes he rambles, sometimes he just cries. Fighting is what keeps him going.

Up For Alliances: Other Careers, anyone who reminds him of Halina

Your Symbol: A small ivory cross with a black feather imbedded in it.

How Much Are You Willing To Post: As many as I can~

Other: Career

~Tobi~
Sebastian's Items:
Level 1:
Pocket knife
Level 2:
Dagger
Thin Rope
Level 3:
Knife
Night vision glasses
Level 4:
Nothing
Level 5:
Thick Rope
Level 6:
Daggers
Water Jug

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Name: Lamia Nekana

District: Six

Appearance/Picture: Small and lithe, with pale blonde hair that's always pulled back and equally pale skin. Her eyes are very dark brown, in constant contrast with her skin.

History: Lamia is unable to remember anything from before the age of six. After that, she recalls being raised by a woman named Romy, who quickly noticed her apititude for the sciences and trained her accordingly. Nothing of particular interest occured afterwards, until she was selected, at the tender age of thirteen, to participate in the Games.

Skills: Genius intellect, medical adeptness, and frightening manipulative abilities.

Weaknesses: She's bad at hand-to-hand combat and doesn't know how to deal with other humans in normal situations. She also has occasional flash-backs which often render her unconscious.

Personality: She is, in a sentence, cold, cunning, and manipulative. She can read the secrets of your past just by studying you, and has no qualms about revealing them to everyone else. She can get out of any situation using nothing but words. She can trick you into selling your organs to her for free.
Lamia isn't a psychopath; she merely cannot remember what it was like to be a child. From the age of six, she was raised in the path of science. Romy's teachings were rebellious, and her punishments were harsh. As such, Lamia has never interracted properly with society. She finds herself unable to connect with others...But it is her belief that such things will only hinder her. So she uses her intellect, plotting and waiting for her plans to come to fruitition as they always do...Or not. Will the Games prove to be too challenging, even for her?

Up For Alliances: Sure, but she's only in it to stab you in the back.

Your Symbol: A photo from before her memory begins. She is unable to recognize the people in it, but she is very fond of it.

How Much Are You Willing To Post: As many as I can~

Other: Not Career

~Tobi~
~'Kay...I think I'll make perhaps two more, after this...If there's any district one of you'd like to reserve, please tell me so I can accomodate that~
~I know I spelled "accomodate" wrong...~
Lamia's Items:
Level 1:
Nothing
Level 2:
Iodine tablets
Water jug
Level 3:
Poison
Dart gun
Level 4:
Sound Recorder
Level 5:
Bag containing - dry fruit, band-aids, steel pipe
Level 6:
Nothing

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:55 am

If we can get maybe one or two more people, we'll start. Anyone who's sent me a PM, you're profile is accepted, please post them.
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28194

PostSubject: Khristel   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 am

Name: Khristel Caspian

District: 4

Appearance/Picture:
Dark brown hair- long shiny, bleach blond highlights (natural)
Very tan
Light blue/gray eyes that look like crystals for which she was named
Tall, thin, but very fast and agile

History: Mother died while out fishing- shark attack. She lives with her father, and their very close. She has an older brother, Jason (17), and a younger sister, Orianna (11).

Skills: Can make spears and hooks out of bark and other things like rocks. Can make strong nets. Is able to know location by stars. Can hear things approaching. Quick. Can go days without water and isn't sunburned easily. Knows what's safe to eat (usually only stuff that's used for fish bait and etc.) Handy with spear. Fast swimmer.

Weaknesses: Naive (sometimes), scared to be alone. Clumsy, falls over quite a bit of stuff. Not as brave as she looks.

Personality: Hyper, jumpy, naive at times. Loves swimming and humming random tunes that pop into her head. Clever and sneaky, despite her clumsiness. Loves being around people. Different mood swings- happy and hyper one second, serious and quiet the next.

Up For Alliances?: 1,2,4,7,9,12

Your Symbol: Blue butterfly clip with 3 pearls in center symbolizing herself, Orianna, and Jason.

How much are you willing to post? Once a week

Other: Career

Last edited by NikkiSwift on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Travis Solomon

District: Nine

Appearance/Picture: Tall, with a rather muscular physique, his hair is cropped and black, and his eyes are warm brown. Overall...The only way to say it is just plain, old-fashioned, good-lookin'.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/c/ca/TravisWillingham.jpg/140px-TravisWillingham.jpg
Think this guy, my inspiration for his character.

History: Travis, like many others, has a younger sister. But this younger sister is no baby; she's snarky, sarcastic, and ever loving to torture her older brother. Yet, each loves the other, in their own strange way.
When his sister, Serafina, was eight, their mother and father died in a hunting accident (no murders! Or not...). Ever since, Travis has pretty much raised her, and she's supported him in every way she could find. They're a family, though a small one.

Skills: Smooth-talking, skilled at flamethrower usage, excellent at devising traps, particularly those related to explosions.

Weaknesses: He's pitiful at hand-to-hand combat, liable to fall for a pretty face, and is weirdly phobic of lightning. Past experience?

Personality: Travis has come to be a synonym for "ladies' man" to the people of District Nine. He's a true charmer, and has the looks to go along with it. Deep down inside, however...He's NOT a tortured soul. Actually, he's a cunning kid with a love for the female gender. He's curteous and genteel, but also has the capacity to be drily cynical and bitingly sarcastic. He's extremely competitive (particularly when it comes to wooing a young lass), and hates taking "no" for an answer. Headstrong, stubborn, kind, gentle, sarcastic...Well, isn't he unique?

Up For Alliances: Any and all females, districts 4, 7, 8, 10, and 12

Your Symbol: A silver pocketwatch (gift from his sister)

How Much Are You Willing To Post: As much as I can. Once again.

Other: Not Career

~Tobi~
~Oft' Repeated Phrases: "C'mon, lighten up a little!" and "Don't be such a stick in the mud!" ~
~Luv-chan, I hope you don't mind that I created him with Nadia in mind...~
Travis's Items:
Level 1:
Nothing
Level 2:
Band-aids
Level 3:
Spool of wire
Pliers
Level 4:
Nothing
Level 5:
Backpack containing matches, water skins, dagger, spray bottle, protein bars
Level 6:
Grenades
Lighter

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Name: Fletcher Douglas

District: Eight

Appearance: Short and childish looking, chin-length golden blond hair, and soft violet eyes. Long, thin fingers as well, for weaving.

History: Fletcher was raised in a family with three other brothers; as youngest, however, he always treated as more of a girl. In fact, his parents often said they wished he was a girl. Even his brothers teased and taunted him from a young age, calling him girly or cowardly.
Fletcher's friends were all girls; boys refused to play with him, claiming he was too "weak". Finally, at the age of 14, he was selected for the Hunger Games. Now, he's ready to prove his worth.

Skills: Weaving. He's an expert at identifying plants at all sorts, and growing them.

Weaknesses: He's kind, shy, and isn't very good at any kind of combat.

Personality: He's quiet, usually, preferring to let someone else speak. He finds it very hard to stand up to people, and doesn't know how to get angry. Despite their ill-treatment of him, he loves his brothers and his parents.
He's determined to win the Hunger Games, though, and is trying to reform his personality into something more "manly", but it isn't working out so far...He'll probably end up relying on his teammate to cover for him.

Up For Alliances: 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12

Your Symbol: An empty spool of yarn.

Willing To Post: 1

Other: Not Career (sorry, he's just too pitiful to be a Career)

~Tobi~
~X3 He's just sooo cute...like my own little child...Arrow-chan, I sorta kinda made him for ya'...X3 'Cause he's so adorable, but tries so hard to be manly...~
Fletcher's Items:
Level 1:
Water bottle
Level 2:
Sewing and thread
Dry fruit
Level 3:
Knife
Level 4:
Shield
Level 5:
Nothing
Level 6:
Nothing

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Name: Vreni Baara

District: Three

Appearance/Picture: Tall with tan, toned skin; a few burn scars here and there. Her eyes are bright amber, and her hair is dark red. Her lips are bright and full but often pursed in dissatisfaction; her fingers are long and tapered, corresponding with her work.

History: Vreni's parents split when she was three. She didn't blame her mother, her father, or herself, but as time wore on, she began to resent her father. While her mother worked herself to the bone to provide for Vreni and her (much) younger sister, Mara, her father let himself fall into oblivion.
This resentment eventually turned into a hatred of all men. Vreni is determined to prove the dominance of the female species...So when the Games came calling, she volunteered to take the place of a 12-year-old girl she'd never met before. Now she intends to show those filthy males who's boss.

Skills: Excellent with bombs and fires, knows her way around an axe, and is ridiculously stubborn (or is that a weakness?).

Weaknesses: Vreni is disgusted by men and avoids them at all costs. Thus forth she is quite susceptible to female tricks...And happens to be a pyromaniac. She's terrified of the water.

Personality: Stubborn, sarcastic, and cynical. She hates associating with men, but loves young girls. No, not in a creepy way, in a sisterly way. When things go boom, she's happy; when she sees water, she runs far, far, far away. She's highly overprotective, much like a mother hen, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Quite the opposite, actually.

Up For Alliances: No males, females from 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10

Your Symbol: A Dried Rose

Willing To Post: 1

Other: Not Career (but wishes she was)

~Tobi~
Vreni's Items:
Level 1:
Nothing
Level 2:
Iodine tablets
Flint stone
Level 3:
Nothing
Level 4:
Axe
Level 5:
Bag containing water proof tarp, bar of soap, empty water bottle, band-aids, and thin rope
Level 6:
Matches
Grenade
Lighter

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28194

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 pm

What I forgot to mention when I posted my character was that she was real sneaky. Sneaky as in boy sneaky. She would pretend to fall for them, have them fall for that, then kill them. Trust me, more violent that it sounds. xD I came up with this a few days earlier with my friend. In other words ~boy charmer~.
~TEEHEE!
~Nikki
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Let the Games begin.
And may the odds be ever in your favor Wink
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Yay! The Games have begun! Wait, am I supposed to be happy about that? Oh well. Cheez, do you want us to keep on replying to this with our stories, or do you want us to start a new topic for each story we write? Thanks!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Being Reaped   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Adalyn, the woman from the Capitol is here. She comes every year to reap us for the Capitol. We all hate her. Except for me. While mom and dad think she’s evil and enjoys seeing children killed, I don’t think so. She’s different, certainly. She always wears glittery teal makeup, and shoes that are at least 16 centimeters tall! Mom thinks she’s weird, and tells me never to talk to her if I ever get the opportunity. I want to, though. I want to understand why the Capitol does this to us, what goes on there, and things like that. I’m curios, and I can’t help that.
I walk with my parents every year to the main square. Mom makes sure I always look my best. She made me straighten my hair and wear a pink satin skirt. My favourite bracelet is on my wrist, with a picture of my family inside. “Find us afterward, honey. If you get lost in the crowd, find your way home as fast as possible. We love you.” Her departure is the same each year. They don’t need to be so worried. Why would I get reaped? Usually, a poor girl and boy get picked. Every year I go and visit the poor girl who was reaped. I tell her how sorry I am, and how I hope she comes back. She doesn’t, usually. Although I would like to think that I’m giving her some sort of courage, some sort of hope. I don’t know if it helps, but I hope it does.
I’m with my age group now, and have banded together with my friends. They know how sensitive I am to the poor girl that gets picked, so they don’t insult anyone. Instead, they talk about Nina’s birthday party, where she got a new set of paints. When Adalyn steps onto the platform, adults hush us all. There are never high nerves among my friends, for we know that we shall never be picked. Adalyn begins her long speech. You might think there would be something of interest in this long talk, but it is always about the history of Panem. We’ve heard it since we were small, and it never has changed. I doubt it ever will. Even mother and father know the speech by heart.
Finally, the glass balls start spinning. Once they stop, Adalyn chirps, “Ladies always go first!” She says this in the same manner every year, as if getting reaped is like getting the birthday present you’ve always wanted. The poor girls shift nervously. If I was in their position, I would, too. She unfolds one of the tiny squares, and then reads clear and bright “Miryna Jase!” There is a gasp in the crowd. Probably from my friends, and their friends, and their parents. My parents and their friends too, probably. I feel as though time is in slow motion, the syllables of my name stretched to far apart. One of the adults pushes me forward. I’m lucky I do not stumble as I make my way to the platform, up the stairs, and stand next to Adalyn. Mother has tough me since I was young how to walk like a lady. Never to stumble, no matter what. That is the only thing that kept me going, trying not to stumble. Figuring, maybe if they see a sad, rich girl, maybe a bloodthirsty girl older and stronger than me will volunteer. No one does. The square is silent. Adalyn smiles her cheery smile, which only broadens once she sees that a rich girl has been chosen. Maybe she’s glad for a change. “Now we must pick a young gentlemen who will be a good match for Miryna!” She addresses me by my first name, as if we’ve been friends for years. The name that is picked, the other doomed person, is someone I do not know. It does not seem to matter. I know I stand no chance. I will die a terrible, bloody death in the arena.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:58 am

I look out at the sea of people, churning turbulently as if they sense my analogy. Perhaps they do; I wouldn't put anything past this place.

District Nine, where all the Capitol's meat comes from. Lucky them; I can hardly manage to nab a measly squirrel for my sister and I each night. What I do recieve goes to her, of course, so she's not too bad off, but I still resent them for being so dang stingy. Life isn't about having everything at your fingertips, it's about treasuring what you have and working for the rest. At least, that's how we District kids think.

I immediately straighten from my slouched position as Sera runs over to me, a serious frown on her childish face. She's pretty strict about the whole posture thing. Thinks it'll ruin my hunting form or something.

"Brother, don't think I didn't see that," she snaps, dashing my hopes. "It's time for the reaping. You ready to go?"

"What, you think I'm sitting here doing nothing because I'm procrastinating? Come now, sister dear, that hurts," I retort smoothly. On the inside, however, I'm worried as all heck get-out. Of course, I'm not worried about her being chosen; at age nine, she's never once entered her name, and never will for as long as I'm around.

Then again, that's what's got me so worried. I've entered my name more times than I care to count, and with me gone, life will be miserable for Sera.

Her dark blue orbs, clearly seeing my worry, soften a bit as she takes my hand in her own, leading me down the hill to the Center Square. Her small, pale hand is nearly eclipsed by mine, tan and calloused as it is.

In the Square, I have to be careful not to lose track of Serafina. It happened once, a few years ago, and ever since, the memory of her distraught face has been enough to keep my hand firmly attached to hers. While we're trying to find a place to stand comfortably, I accidently bump into someone much smaller than me, knocking them over.

"Oops! You okay?" I ask, offering my hand to the stranger. She's a young girl, maybe around my age, with soft golden hair and pale skin. Her eyes are a strange mixture of lavender and gray, and I'm a bit startled to see the warmth in them. I mean, I know I'm good-looking, but normally people are a little wary of me when we first meet.

"Ah! Thank you very much," she says, taking my hand and allowing me to hoist her off of the ground. Unsurprisingly, she's very light. "It's very nice to meet you! My name's--"

She's forced to stop speaking as the mayor, a short, pudgy man who I don't particularly favor, heaves himself onto a podium and begins his usual pointless nonsense about the history of our "illustrious" nation, Panem. Honestly, I'm beginning to wish a coupe de etat will happen just to change the story up a little...

Finally, he brings out our victors. Some are relatively normal, if a little frightening, and others are just plain...Weird. I vaguely wonder who the mentor will be, but I'm not too concerned. I'm sure they'll pick some one relatively sane.

He introduces our district rep next, and I can't say I'm too happy about that. She's a tall, imposing blonde (and not naturally so, apparently), who looks like she'd be right at home with a gun strapped to her side. Now, I have nothing against brown eyes (I have a lovely pair of them myself), but hers look about ready to laser us to shreds or something. Fittingly, her name is Regetta Falco. I think she belonged to the military once. Maybe they sent her here to learn how to smile.

"It is my great honour to once again service our nation by selecting the tributes for this year's Hunger Games. First, I will select the female," she announces in her usual cold, monotonous voice. I can't help but wonder if kissing her would make her perk up a bit...Hey, what can I say, for a Capitol woman, she's pretty easy on the eyes. I guess they keep those military women away from whatever crazy procedures the rest of them undergo.

Oops. With all my distraction, I didn't pay attention to the name. Not that it really matters; it's painful no matter who's chosen to participate. As long as they're female, anyway. I turn to the girl beside me, wondering if she knows whoever was chosen, only to find her missing. A feeling of dread solidifies in the pit of my stomach as I look back to the podium, seeing that same delicate girl standing on the stage. The half-shocked, half-terrified look on her face painfully reminds me of Sera, lost in the crowd all those years ago.

"Travis Solomon."

I look around expectantly, searching for the person who called my name. It's only when I meet Sera's horrified gaze that I realize the exact implications of my name being called here.

I'm this year's male tribute for District Nine.

~Tobi~
~So...hopefully that wasn't too rough. I'm not used to writing in present-tense, and I'm still not sure if we're supposed to start at the beginning of the Game...~
~Hoho, wonder who the girl tribute is...~
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25061
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Name:Susan Benson

District:10

Appearance: Short brown hair,small stature and height, blue-gray eyes and long fingers great for typing

History: Grew up with 2 siblings and parents divorced. Feeds her family by going to work and earning money.

Skills: Knife throwing and setting snares

Weaknesses: Has some temper and is easy to upset

Personality: A shy girl with much to say about this world and its' technology. Loves to read.

Alliances: Not really up to alliances, would much rather go alone.

Symbol: Necklace with numbers on it

How much posting: 10

Other: No careers for me
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25061
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:19 pm

When i said my skills on my character i actually meant to put down finding out puzzles. And reasons why things work.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Reaping Day- District Nine/Nadia Leeson   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Hands shake me awake and when my eyes open, I find Father quietly motioning for me to get up and follow him. Obviously, Mother is asleep, or at least I hope she is. Pregnant women, they say, need more sleep than others. I tip toe past Fighter, who snores loudly on the front rug and whines in his sleep. Quietly, Father unlocks his workshop, lets me in, then locks the door behind him-something I've never seen him do before.
The room is completely dark and I struggle to find a candle and matches. Suddenly, light explodes from Father's hand and I see he has extras, which he lays carefully on a table. Silence fills the room for a little while as Father attempts to perfect something that is already ready to be sold. This is not why he roused me and I know it.
"Father-"
"You know why I brought you here. Today is reaping day and I must speak with you."
"Father, you've done this every day since I was twelve. I know what you will say. First," I hold up my index finger, "You want me to show strength and you would be pleased if I did not cry if I am picked. Second," I hold up my middle finger to join my first, "I must expect Mother to not be there because if I am called, she will become hysteric. Third," I hold up my ring finger, "I must remember that through everything, you and Mother love me. If anything happens that will cause you not to come and speak with me before my departure, I must remember you do still love me and always will. Fourth and fifth," I hold up one more finger and my thumb," Be careful. Be safe."
A weary smile spreads across his face and he hugs me. Despite the many times I have done this, I hug him back with tears. No one ever knows if their child will be picked or not. Father unlocks the door and we set to work making a bow and arrows for a hunt due to happen in two days. No doubt the man whose child was picked shall not come, but since everyone brings their own weapons, there shall be no loss. Too soon, we eat breakfast, dress and depart for the Center Square. As I talk with the person beside me, a wonderfully handsome boy knocks me down. I savor the feel of his hand as he apologizes and helps me up; obviously I’m as light as a feather compared to him. Quickly, I thank him and begin to introduce myself when our mayor steps up and drones away in his boring old voice. I don’t even pay attention to the past victors. Instead, I scan the crowd for Father. Most likely he’s looking for me too. He doesn’t particularly like our history either. However, I do snap to attention when our district rep begins to speak. Her last name, Falco, describes her perfectly and my friends and I nicknamed her The Falcon when we were just five. "It is my great honor to once again service our nation by selecting the tributes for this year's Hunger Games. First, I will select the female," she announces in her horribly cold voice. Her pale white fingers dig around in the girls bowl for the perfect name and I firmly believe I can hear her fingernails creepily scraping the glass. “Nadia Leeson.” She says with no emotion and my bones chill before my brain does.
That’s me! My brain screams as my legs mechanically carry me to the stage. That’s me! No! Mother, the new baby, no! My eyes feel like pouring waterfalls, but I hold back, remembering that I must show my strength to not only this crowd, but the boy that will be chosen. Her eyes don’t even glance at me and she heads directly over to the boys ball. Now I’m sure I hear her fingernails scraping the glass and I shiver inwardly as she comes back to the microphone.
“Travis Solomon.”
The name doesn’t ring a bell and I’m thankful it’s no one I know. Then I see the boy who knocked me down turn his head and meet someone’s eyes. His face is dumbfounded, shocked, surprised, but above all, his face shows realization. When he comes to the stage, his brown eyes look at me and though they are still handsome-they are also the eyes of my enemy.

Thanks for reading guys. P.S- I took what you had Regetta say so I wouldn't mess it up and I like that they met beforehand-thanks Tobi! I might ask about an alliance later, but it would be cool if I got to kill the cute boy. Hope you guys like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*   The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games *Not Started/Accepting by Permission Only*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next