Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Fire Queen Chapter 4

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28169

The Fire Queen Chapter 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Fire Queen Chapter 4   The Fire Queen Chapter 4 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:25 am

Nicolette walked gracefully down the steps to the ballroom, in her new dress. The portraits of her ancesters on the wall seemed to stare at her, making her feeling uneasy. Something didn't feel right in this room, or anywhere in that matter. She was glowing, brighter than usual, and almost to bright for a Fireback. People in the castle would stare at her in amazement and horror. This wasn't her best week....

There was a crack and the doors opened, letting in the whole empire. That was a lot of people. A LOT. But still, they didn't even take up half of the castle. Out of her millions of subjects, there was one who caught her eye. A bright figure stood at the doorway. He looked young, 14 in human years. He had light blond hair, and light blue eyes full of mystery. He was about 5'9 and had no interest in the party, though he would dance with a few girls now and then.

I have to admit, he is pretty cute. But nobody in this empire has light blue eyes or light hair expect myself. How strange... Nicolette lost her train of thought when she felt a slight tap on her shoulder. She whipped her head around to see what it was, her curls slapping the boy in the face.
She gasped. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"
"Nah, I'm fine," he said softly and smoothly, almost as if he was afraid to awake something.
"You startled me. You could at least say 'your sorry' or something."
"I'm sorry or something."
"I'm Nicolette Capuletta. Pleased to meet you and the rest is just a blur, so goodbye."
She started to walk away when the boy cried out, "Wait!" Nicolette stopped and turned to him.
"Did you say your Nicolette Capuletta?"
"Yes, I did. Though, I don't see how that's special in any way. Why do you ask?"
"Because I wanted an answer."
"Who are you? You don't look the same as we do, nor act the same."
"Well, I look like you sort of. And I know who you are, and you won't know who I am."
At that, Nicolette turned an ran into the crowd.
Of all the morons in this world, I just had to pick out him? Ugh. I look like him? How can I look anything like him!? Just then, one of the maidens let out a blood curling scream.
~Nikki
Back to top Go down

The Fire Queen Chapter 4
Page 1 of 1