Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Fire Queen Ch.2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28184

The Fire Queen Ch.2 Empty
PostSubject: The Fire Queen Ch.2   The Fire Queen Ch.2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 pm

She could make out the shield. It was made of tiny shields itself, in the form of a square. She had never had fought against one of these in her training, nobody had even spoken of this....thing. The light shone right down upon her, causing her to grow weary, and her legs began to fall out from under her. She turned her head, now covered with a cloak, to see the tiniest of fires in a dark alley. This is what would save her.

Chapter 2~ The Stars are Mine. Forever.

Reader, imagine that your country city, the one you live in, is under a fierce attack. Much more than your hero's can stop. It has a secret weapon, but it's chasing YOU. And you only. What would you do? Be brave? Stand your ground and try to fight it off? Or keep running, and hope for an escape? The possibilities are endless...But, honestly, what would YOU do?

I am brave, so they tell me. I am fearless. But what is fearless? I know I am certainly not. I, Nicolette, am a coward. I'm afraid of what may happen. I hide it within this book, which I shall hand down to my children, and they will hold my secret. I cannot hide it forever. But, I will fight for my stars. They are mine. Forever.
All promises, Nicolette

The girl ran with her last breath upon her. If she could not get to this little flicker of power in time, she would perish. Her beautiful indigo eyes slowly turned red as she drew closer to the fire. She could feel the life slipping out of her, but she would fight. She would not be remembered as some helpless victim of some terrible attack. She leaped for the fire, and as soon as she felt the burning flame, the light vanished. She could feel power, the kind of power that allows you over take almost anything. The girl was not the young girl running for her life anymore. She looked as if a goddess would. Her blond hair glittered with gold, her eyes were blood red, and her face was more beautiful than your imagination could compare.

She whispered an ancient Greek curse under her breath, summoning an army, probably around five hundred, of full armored warriors. The warriors weren't like regular Greek armies. They weren't regular people. They were made fire itself. Their armor was made of the darkness, covering their enemies with fear. They charged on the thing without warning, blocked its light with the darkness. Fire was coming out of nowhere, pounding on the monster.

The gorgeous young woman closed her eyes, and let out a scream. As she opened them, there was no more light shining down upon her, or anymore warriors. Just darkness, scattered silver shields, and a torn city. She was no longer glowing. She fell onto her hands and knees, struggling to retain consciousness for a moment before collapsing. Darkness was swift in overcoming her already clouded mind...

The clear, soothing sound of horses galloping on the now trash filled roads arose. Two figures appeared in the moonlight. One was glowing slightly, and the other was as normal as a human would seem. The glowing figure was a man, Prince Stephan, the girl's brother. The one behind him was the General, who was an actual human. Stephan dismounted off his horse, and rushed over to his sister's side.
"Nicolette!"
No response.
"Nicolette! Answer me!"
The girl twisted in his arms and opened one eye, smiling a brilliant smile.
"I thought you would miss the fun."
"I guess I did. So I had to take home the leftovers."
Nicolette smirked.
"Ha. I haven't heard that one, yet."
Stephan helped her onto the horse, and summoned another horse, which appeared in a flash of thunder. They rushed back to the palace to report what had happened. After Nicolette's many compliments from her brothers and sisters and servants and surviving peasants (well, none had actually died during the attack), she locked her room and sat down on the stone floor of the balcony.

Nicolette stared up at the stars and whispered a song that her grandmother had taught her. Something didn't seem right on this night. The stars were disappearing. The moon still shone brightly, but somehow, its light seemed...limited. Nicolette's now-lavender eyes filled with a desire to save her stars. The stars were a part of her. A gift. Her grandmother was the goddess of stars, and had passed them down to her. She didn't care to get up and walk to her bed that night. She just lay on the cold stones, watching her stars slowly fade away.

She had never felt the coldness in her life. Being of the Fire Empire, it never would get cold. Nothing was right tonight. Everything was just....wrong. Plain wrong. No need for being descriptive. Wrong. As she lay there, watching the stars, sleep managed to sneak up on her.

And so, whilst she lay asleep, the stars finally vanished, leaving nothing but the waning moon in their wake.

~Nikki
P.S. New chapter soon!!

Last edited by NikkiSwift on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ajk
ajk

WL Points : 25890

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Queen Ch.2   The Fire Queen Ch.2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 am

Surprised Geez, Nikki. This story is amazing! It's captivating, I leaves the reader wanting more, and I wouldn't stop turning the pages till one in the morning! You could, however, be a bit more descriptive, like what did the monster look like, and you could probably I love you mor props to the scenes. I feel like she'l being isolated. Like, what di her room look like, show could have probably gotten bandages for her wounds, what did the monster look like, and I would have LOVED to know what the city looked like after the attack. Keep going!
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129768
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Queen Ch.2   The Fire Queen Ch.2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:57 am

xD sorry about that, Nikki. That was actually me, but my mom didn't log off of her account. My apologies ;]
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28184

PostSubject: Thanks anyways!   The Fire Queen Ch.2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 am

Your right though, I should have been a little more descriptive. I'll be sure to add more into this chapter. Thank for that piece of advice. I was thinking about that myself earlier.....
~Nikki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Queen Ch.2   The Fire Queen Ch.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fire Queen Ch.2
Page 1 of 1