Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Go down 
+2
Luv2Type
Tobi-chan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29042

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Hungergames
COULD YOU SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN, IN THE WILD, WITH EVERY ONE OUT TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LIVE TO SEE THE MORNING?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival angainst humanity and life against love.

Sequel CATCHING FIRE also available--keep an eye out for the third book, due sometime in fall 2010, I believe.

Okay, this is one of those books you have to read before you die, 'cause it's just that good. If you haven't read this GO TO A BOOK STORE AND GET IT. Trust me, my language arts teacher told us to get our butts in gear and read it, and I suggest you do the same. AMAZING books. Oh, by the way, I added a movie trailer. It is not the REAL trailer, it's fanmade, but there will be a movie one day. If they don't make one, they're gonna have some pretty angry fans on their hands...myself included~! An'way, this trailer was my favorite. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Icon_biggrin It gave me the chills.

~Tobi~

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had to add the trailer, of course~!)
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 pm

It sounds like a good group of books. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the library and return the book I was thinking about reading and get the HUnger Games. I thought they sounded totally opposite of what I like, but after reading this and (I think) a few others, it sounds good. Thanks for helping me decide!
Love,
Luv
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: I'm replying!   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Holy crud, that is an awesome tralier! Are you posotive that's fanmade, beacuse it looks like a real movie. You are right, I have to get that book from the library, and they had better make a movie, or else I will be another angrey fan. Thanks for your awesome post, Tobi!
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Tobi! I'm gonna check this out from the library soon and read it for school! Thank you for posting this!
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 pm

This book is the best book in the whole stinkin' world! Next to the Bible, of course. I'm on page 188, during the actually game, when she just asked Rue to be her ally. Seriously, I doubt any book could be so good. The Bible rules, but if it wasn't being compared to the Bible, it'd be NUMBER ONE. Thank you Suzanne Collins! They MUST make a movie or I am going to be totally angry.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:47 am

Oh, they're totally making a movie, Luv~ It comes out sometime next fall. Lionsgate already bought the rights to it...I'm hoping they cast Hugh Laurie as Haymitch X3 But, you know, it's going to be very difficult to cast Katniss...I just hope they get that right and don't screw up the plotline.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28169

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 am

They screw up plotline, they die. Simple as that! =D

~Nikki
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:28 am

I'm pretty close to agreeing with you. The only problem is- if it gets too popular, I'll completely forget how I saw, envisioned, Katniss and Gale and Peeta. That's the only thing bad about movies. You forget how you imagined the books. But a movie would still be cool though.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:57 pm

I JUST FINISHED THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was seriously the BEST book I've ever read. I mean, I like Ever and Someone Named Eva oh and The Giver and they're awesome books, like really/pretty awesome. But The Hunger Games? It tops them all! Love, war, bloodshed, questioning, all of it. I love it! I have to get Catching Fire. But my mom won't let me till I finish my language arts and math homework. Sad I'll have to work fast and smart. Because I MUST get the second book. There's only three right? Anyways- these books rock! Read them people! Seriously, read them.
Thanks.
Love,
Luv
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Yup, only three. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. Unless you've just read the Hunger Games and are all hyped up about it, Catching Fire is a bit slow at first, but as usual it picks up the pace pretty dang fast. Hey, Luv, forget Team Jacob and Team Edward. That's like, ancient times, girl. Nowadays it's Team Gale and Team Peeta. Personally, I have always been Team Peeta, though at first the third book may make you question that. In the end, though, I believe Katniss makes the right choice, and you can see that...But if you are a Finnick fan (he comes in during Catching Fire) like me, you may find the third book a tad depressing. TT.TT I had to write a fanfic for it to get myself through those hard times...Suzanne Collins is a cruel, cruel woman at times....

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm Team Katniss! But also, for a lovers perspective, Team Peeta. He's so sweet! But Gale, it sounded, when they were in the woods, that he liked her too. OOHH!!!! Showdown!!!!!! XD I can't wait to start reading Catching Fire.
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm not getting any younger here. . . And I look 3 years older than I already am. Yippee....

~Guess Who.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm

What? You made no sense Nikki.Very Happy I GOT CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It rocks so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the way, I can't decide now. I think I'm sorta leaning towards Team Gale now.
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm like, the only person alive who hasn't read the Hunger Games.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:16 am

Ah, but you should read it, Nikki! It's one of those books that only comes along once every decade or so. I don't know how you could be Team Gale, Luv! I'm hurt. Peeta is much better for Katniss; he's loved her since they were kids, and doesn't clash with her as often. Gale can be a meany sometimes. Have you been introduced to Finnick yet~? I really hated him in Catching Fire, but by Mockingjay he somehow became my favorite. Fin is sneaky like that.

Read it, Nikki-chan~ You won't regret it~

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Second best book in the world. I wish Gale was brought up more in the book, because it sounded like he liked Katniss a lot. Hmm. . . . Peeta is actually a lot smarter than I expected him to be, and Rue reminds me of this girl at school, and so does 'Foxface'. *snickers* I NEED CATCHING FIRE. I NEED IT.
~Yours Truly!
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I have been consumed by these books. I don't know where to begin. But I feel different. I don't know how to describe it. I wanted to be Katniss for Halloween. Now I'm not sure. I compare this series to my own hopeful ones and they are like God being compared to the devil on holiness level. I know. Horrible. But I like to dream and hope that I can be just as good. But I do not want my books to consume people. I don't want to make them so addicting that Christian's don't do their quiet times, that everything is put aside except for the books. It's an addicition. I wonder if this is what crack heads feel like. And how does Suzanne Collins do that to her charcters? She made them, fell in love with them through the book(s). Then what did she do? Destory them! I felt like one of the charcters. I wanted to fight for justice, murder Snow, shoot the arrow, almost swallow the berries. I think I pounded all the books at least once on something because what was happening was impossible cruel and horrible. I almost cried when certain charcters died, when they shouldn't have. I screamed at the begining of Mockingjay. Silently, into my hand. I laughed at certain parts that followed ones of absolute cruelty and pain. I have been consumed. And I'm not sure if that's such a great thing. But everyone who's read them understands. Once you've read the first page of The Hunger Games, you have been condemned to teh same fate.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 pm

I just realized how much I LOVE that little song in all the books. You know, the one that she sings to Rue as she dies. Sad So pretty thoug, right?
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Hey, guys, now that you've all read the series, what do you think of my FinnickxOC fanfic in progress~? I really don't know if I'm going to continue it...But the general idea of it is in Story-Booking. And, really, I'd like to know what ya'll think of FinnickxOC in general.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Oh. . . Finnick. Sad Annie. Sad I haven't read your fanfic, so I should. Don't these books shake your insides out?
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Yes. Yes they do. Well, if ya' wanna read it...I'm still rewriting the first chappie. So it could take a while. Since I'm planning on publishing it on ff.net primarily, I got myself a beta...And, well, it's a work in progress.

I'm reeeally distracted too, aha...So I've kinda been working on a Sirius fanfic, just for fun, y'know...But I'll get back to work! Eventually!

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129753
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 pm

FIIIIINNNNNIIIIICKKKKKKK!!!! WHHHHYYYYY!
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:57 pm

I know. And-the son he never knew. Sad Sad Sad Sad WHY?!?!?!?! Annie! The love! They always held hands. Sad He never let go. It's horrible, after all he did for Katniss and how much he cared for Annie. I wonder if it was easy for Suzanne Collins to kill his like that.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129753
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 pm

It's never easy for a true author to kill of characters they took the time and effort to make.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Truer words have never been spoken, Cheez-chama. Unless, of course, you're talking about me. I plan on killing off at least half of my main characters. In Hope For The End, I'm not entirely sure about killing Suvia, but in my other original work, at least four main characters will die. Maybe more, if I'm not feeling very lenient. Although, I won't be killing off Finnick in any future fanfics...'Can't say the same for Annie. Wink Never liked her too much.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next