Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunger Games DT

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129818
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Yay! Let's talk about how much we hate President Snow! And Clover! And Glimmer! And those orange monkeys! And the TrackerJackers! And the Capitol! And those white lizard things! Yaaaay!
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28234

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Yaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28968

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey, guys. I've been sick for 3 days, and I'm absolutly miserable. Anyway, President Snow is plain creepy. Did they have meth in the Hunger Games? What kind of person would order their scientists to make up weird mutant creatures to kill people? And who would be so crazy to get into power to actually harm themselves? How could someone kill innocent children? Why do they even call him "president" if he's a facist dictator? It's a good thing that he isn't married, or else I would worry that his wife is on meth, too. Traker Jackers ryhme with crakers, and that's what I always think of when I hear that name. If I was part of the Hunger Games, I couldn't kill. Someone would probably kill me off first. How could Gamemakers come up with ways to torture children? I sometimed call the coaches in P.E. gamemeakers. Shhhhh, don't tell them I said that, Coach Gholsten hates me enough!
-Rachelle41
P.S. Never diss something a teacher said/did to her face. She will hate you.
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25101
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I bet they did have meth in the Hunger Games! And "President" Snow was on it. Why would they make decapitating lizards! It is such a stupid idea and it led to one of the saddest deaths in the series. Crying or Very sad Tracker jackers, that is a different story entirely! They can make people go mad, insane or even worse die! If I were part of the Hunger Games I would become victor by just letting people kill each other or themselves. Except I would possibly kill the Careers. And set their supplies on fire!(Mad laughter roars throughout the house) Sorry for that. Finally I get to my issues about the Capitol. I do not know how people can live in the Capitol and even thrive there! I was so happy when President Snow is killed. I had murderous thoughts like that when I read the Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

~Giraffe22~
~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28968

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

I think the reason people in the Capitol could live, work, and thrive there was because that was how they were raised. Like before the Civil War, people in the south didn't like african americans. Do you think the idea just poppeed in their heads one day? No! Their parents brought them up on slavery, so they thought it was normal, much like the people in the Capitol are. They don't know anything else; their parents raised them up on the Hunger Games. They've watched it their whole lives. When their parents said "Ohh, honey the Hunger Games are coming on!" it was time for excitment, not fear. Children only know what they've been taught, or what they can figure out by themselves. If you lived in a comfortable world like people in the Capitol do, and you were raised to like the Hunger games, and nothing bad ever happened to you personally because of it, then you would be okay with it. The people in the Capitol didn't hate "President" Snow because they prospered. Everything was wonderful and abundent: food, clothes, makeup. They were never hungry, never scared.Everything was always perfect. How could you hate someone who kept everyone's lives perfect? You couldn't. He almost brainwashed the people of the Capitol by giving them nice things. If you got something nice from someone, could you hate them? No! He was good at one thing: keeping up a facade. So you see what the people in the Capitol thought about the Hunger Games and their "president". I think.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
H.G_Peeta
Novice
Novice
H.G_Peeta

WL Points : 23429

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Wow Rachelle41, I never thought of it that way. We only see it from the District peoples perspective, so all we do is hate Snow. But maybe if we understood exactly what it was like for the city people-then we could choose our own side. I think Suzanne Collins purposefully wrote it so that we'd hate Snow. She didn't want us to be on the fence, because then we might be just a little upset when he died. She seriously wanted us to see only the bad in him, because she wanted/was planning to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunger Games DT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games DT   Hunger Games DT Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games DT
Page 1 of 1