Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28234

The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles Empty
PostSubject: The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 am

This is a true story. My dad emailed this to me, and I couldn't stop smiling. Kitties are amazing. I love you These are not my words. I copied and pasted this. Wink

Despite his fairly run-of-the-mill orange tabby appearance, Christopher the cat is no ordinary feline. Not because he has his own Facebook profile, but because some fairly credible veterinary professionals believe that he possesses an almost superhero level of feline intuition. From comforting the lame to taming the feral to even volunteering to donate blood for a emergency transfusion, workers at the Redwood City, California's Nine Lives Foundation say that Christopher has shown all the signs of being a miracle worker.

It all started on March 15, when Christopher was brought to the Nine Lives Foundation with what Dr. Monica Thompson, DVM, describes as "severe pelvic fractures." Christopher was found by a group of cyclists on Crystal Spring Rd., the inspiration for the name Christopher, after the orange tabby had apparently been hit by a car.

"We take in special needs cats and I agreed to work on him," Thompson tells Paw Nation. Though she expected to perform extensive surgery on the Christopher, Thompson says she didn't need to. "While we kept him, his condition just kept improving, so I left him alone. Then one day, he just jumped out of his cage and started walking." After six weeks, he was walking around with ease. "Now he's even running," Thompson says.

Miraculous as Christopher's recovery may be, it's only the first item on his impressive superhero resumé. He has since become the clinic's primary feline caretaker, often climbing into cages with terminally ill cats and bathing them. Christopher's charity was put to the test in July, when two feral kittens were brought into Nine Lives.

According to Thompson, the kittens were too wild to be handled. "We put the cats in Christopher's old cage and he would visit them everyday. The kittens would reach out of their cage to him," Thompson explains. After two weeks of working his magic, the two kittens were completely tame and, what's more, ready to be adopted. We'll call that minor miracle number two.

Perhaps Christopher's greatest claim to fame occurred just a few weeks ago. "We had a kitten that was severely anemic and needed a blood transfusion right away. But since it was late at night, I didn't have any blood in my freezer," Dr. Thompson tells Paw Nation. That's when Christopher stepped in; he jumped up on the table and began bathing the anemic kitten as it struggled to breathe.

"The kitten didn't even have enough blood to type it," Thompson explains, but both cats being fairly common short-haired alley cats, both would most likely have type-A blood. With time running out, Thompson made the call and transfused blood from Christopher to the dying kitten. As you may have guessed, it worked. However, there is a twist: Both cats were actually type B.

Thompson couldn't believe it when she learned that both cats possessed the same rare blood type. "I don't even have another type B in the hospital. I've been looking for one. It was as if Christopher knew it would work," explains Thompson. "It's like he's a really intelligent person reincarnated as a cat. It's hard to explain."

~Nikki
Reply if you love kitties! XD
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28968

PostSubject: I'm replying!   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:40 pm

I think that's an awesome story! However, i don't believe in reincarnation. Is it actually true? That seems so bizzare and amazing. I hope that when I get a pet, it will be that cool.

Love is sacrifice and sacrifice is love. For you cannot love, yet not be willing to give of yourself. However, if you are willing to give of yourself, then you undoubtedly love in some state.
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28234

PostSubject: Re: The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Ditto~! I don't believe in it, either. I thought about taking that part out, but it was her exact words, so I kept them in there. Aren't cats amazing?

~Nikki

Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31729

PostSubject: Re: The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:51 pm

That is wickedly cool! It'd be awesome to have a cat like that.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29107

PostSubject: Re: The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Dudes, she just said it was "like" he was reincarnated from a really intelligent person, not that he really was. Then she said she didn't really know how to explain it. An'way, keep an open mind. Anything is possible (with the exception of slamming revolving doors XD).

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles   The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story of One Cat and the Many Miracles
Page 1 of 1