Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28997

Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1   Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:27 am

THIS FANFIC IS IN SECOND-PERSON! Sorry, but that's how I originally wrote it, and it takes a looong time to change pov. A really long time...I myself was a bit skeptical about anything second person, but it's fine now. All my newest works are in first person, of course, but these are in second person...So with that, let the story begin.

"Mommy! Where are you going?!" You asked tearfully, clinging to your mother. She slapped you, and you let go, shocked. "Mommy?" You questioned, uncertain.

"Get off, you worthless brat!" She snarled. Your eyes widened.

"If you're going to leave, leave! Don't take your problems out on Sena!!!" Your older sister shouted at her, picking you up. Your mother's eyes flashed, and she stormed out the door. "Hush, it's okay, Sena, it's okay." Your sister comforted you, quieting your cries for your mother....

Eleven years later...

"Asahi! Asahi, hang in there, okay! I'll get someone to help you!" You said worriedly, rushing to assist your sick sister. She stared at you for a moment.

"There's nothing you can do, Sena. It's too late." She replied quietly. Tears sprang into your eyes.

"Don't say that, Asahi! It's never too late! I'm going to leave for a minute, just hang on until I get back!" You asked of her, dashing out the door. She didn't have a chance to answer; you were already gone. You ran through the streets, looking for someone who could make your sister get better. Your heart was pounding in your chest, and you were panting heavily, when you ran right into someone. The two of you collided head on, both of you falling to the ground. "I-I'm sorry..." You apologized, holding your hands out in front of your face as if to protect yourself.

"It's okay. I should have seen you coming, and stepped out of the way." The person in front of you said, holding out their hand. You took it nervously, afraid they were going to let go so you could fall back to the ground. Then you got a closer look. This person was in a suit of armor. And there was another, much smaller person next to him.

"N-no, it's my fault for running into you in the first place. I don't mean to pry, but who are you? I've never seen you before..." You stated, looking at the small person.

"I'm Alphonse Elric, and this is my brother, Edward." Alphonse told you. You were about to look back at him, when you noticed something dangling at Edward's waist. A silver watch. Or more precisely, a state alchemist watch. This Edward kid was a state alchemist! He could help your sister!

"Hey! You're a state alchemist!" You cried out. Edward glanced at you.

"Yeah, so?" He asked in a bored tone.

"You have to help my sister!! Please!!!" You pleaded, falling back onto your knees with your hands clasped in front of you.

"No." He answered, still looking bored.

"Brother! That's rude!" Alphonse hissed at him. He glared at Alphonse.

"If you don't help her, she'll die! Please, she's all I've got!!!" You begged, letting your bangs fall into your face.

"What about your parents?" Ed asked. You raised your face, and it suddenly took on a harsh quality.

"I don't have a father." You said shortly. Ed's eyes narrowed.

"What about your mother?" He pressed. Up until this point you'd been ignoring all the buttons he'd been pushing, but you just couldn't ignore the big red one that said, "DO NOT PUSH!!!"

"That woman is not a mother!!!" You shouted. The tears started falling again, only now it wasn't just your sorrow that caused them. Your anger was another, bigger factor.

"How sick is your sister?" He asked you. You felt a burst of hope, but quickly shot it back down. Hope was not something you needed at this point, it would only hurt you in the long run.

"Two days ago she had a little fever, and now she'd practically on her death bed. Her fever has spiked, she can hardly breath, and from what I can tell she's in a lot of pain." You recited. This was exactly what you'd told the doctor yesterday, right before he said she was going to die no matter what you did.

"I guess we could check her out..." He drawled. Your mood instantly brightened, and you grabbed his hand, pulling him towards your house. "H-hey--"

"C'mon, Alphonse!" you called out, cutting off what Ed tried to say. You sped up, then
skidded to a stop in front of your house. Ed followed you in, as did Alphonse, who'd managed to catch up with you.

"Asahi! I'm back!" you said, stepping into her room. You let out a sigh of relief when you saw she was still alive.

"Sena..." she greeted you weakly.

"I brought someone who can help you!" you announced, pulling in Ed.

"Who's that?" she asked you.

"Edward Elric! He's a state alchemist!!" you introduced him, holding him out in front of you like a doll.

"Eh-hem...Um, hello there." he said, seeming shy.

"So, what's your diagnoses, doc?" you whisper-asked in his ear. He looked at you out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm not a doctor! How am I supposed to know?!" he demanded. Your face fell. You walked over to Asahi. She didn't look good. Her face was turning pale.

"Asahi...are you still there?" you asked softly.

"Y-yeah...but not for long...tell the alchemist he can leave. I have a feeling there's nothing he can do..." she murmured. Droplets of water fell onto her face, and at first you thought it was raining. Then you realized it was just those tears again. You turned and walked back to Ed.

"She said you should leave. And...and that...there's nothing you can do. I'm...I'm sorry for dragging you here." you said sadly, more tears falling.

"It's alright. I guess we'll leave, then." He waved as he left the room. You stared after him. A part of you...suddenly didn't want him to leave. But you had to let him go, and take care of Asahi. So you went back over to her, and stayed beside her until the very last...

After Asahi's funeral, reality came crashing down on you. She was gone. You were all alone. But you just couldn't live with that. Her absence was too prominent, too easily acknowledged by others. And so you decided you couldn't continue without her.

For weeks you prepared, delving into your alchemy studies more than ever. Then it was ready.

"Here we go..." you whispered to yourself, taking a deep breath. You had all the materials you needed. Now all that was left was to perform the alchemic ritual of human transmutation...and bring your sister back. You clapped your hands together, then placed them on the transmutation circle. Bright alchemic lights lit the air surrounding you, and at first everything appeared to be going well. But then the lights turned dark, and you let out a scream as everything turned white. You appeared to be standing in front of a gate, and you sister was in front of you. "Asahi!" you cried out, reaching for her. But as she turned, you felt your right leg starting to disappear. Startled, you looked down at it. It hurt beyond description, and you shrieked. Then the gate vanished, along with your sister.......
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31619

PostSubject: Re: Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1   Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:53 pm

Wow! This totally leaves me hanging. But everything happens. . . together. Its like scene, scene, scene. Why didn't Sena (I) talk to Ed on the way to the (my) house? You know, like little break up scenes, transition scenes. Something like that. But really, its pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28997

PostSubject: Oooh.   Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Yeah, sorry, I wrote this a while back...maybe a year ago. Maybe I'll rewrite it one day...but it just takes forever to do that! Thanks for commenting, that's really helpful! Very Happy

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Sara-Alysse13666
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
Sara-Alysse13666

WL Points : 26436

PostSubject: Re: Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1   Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:19 pm

BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! you always do such great stories Tobi-chan!!! weeee! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1   Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Untold Truths (an Edward Elric story) Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1