Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31669

A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot. Empty
PostSubject: A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.   A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot. EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 8:48 pm

A Song for Summer takes place in Austria in a castle. It's about a girl named Ellen who was supposed to be smart and exactly what men didn't want women to be, but she wasn't because of Henny, at least that's what they (her mother and aunts) thought. However, Ellen is 18, beautiful, wonderful, kind and exactly what the run down school in the castle that has a confusing name that starts with an H needs. She helps with the cooking, the cleaning and, most importantly, the loving of the students who have been abondanded and forgotten by their once-wonderful parents. But Nazi Germany is quickly threatening the calm, confused, some-kind-of-Eden world with Ellen inside of it and in love with Marek, the fencing teacher. Something's going to happen to this small world, but I don't know what cause all of that is basicly what the back of the book says. I'm only in, like, chapter eight. But it's a really good book and I really like it. It made me want to go to Austria someday. The way this book describes Austria is amazing, so if that castle exists, I'm so going there.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29047

PostSubject: Re: A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.   A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot. EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:13 am

Yeah, I've never been there myself, but Austria is supposed to be a really pretty country. Perhaps the castle's name is in Austrian...? Historical fiction about the Nazis is always interesting, though. Please remember the author so I can maybe find it...?

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28908

PostSubject: Re: A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.   A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot. EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:48 pm

My mental happy place is in Austria! Imagine this- A beautiful peaceful vally filled with edlewiess flowers, with a small cottage close to the foot of the mountains. There are some shallow woods behind the cotttage, along with a crtstel clear little pond that has water lillies floating on it's glass-like surface. The valley is kind of craddled between lovely blue mountains that are capped with snow. When you leave the valley, just outside of the small walkway is a perch where you can see the peaceful small town of Salzburg, and hear the bells on the hour. The church steeple is the tallest building in the small town, and countryside surrounds it. Everything and everyone is at peace, and at night, there are more stars than you could could count in a lifetime that glitter and twinkle in the beauty of the cool air.
Tell me that doesn't sound incredible! I don't know if such a place actually exists, but I hope it does and maybe someday I'll find it.
-Rachelle41 I love you rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.   A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song For Summer by uhhh, I forgot.
Page 1 of 1