Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Meaning: Round One of the EDEN PROJECT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29047

The Meaning: Round One of the EDEN PROJECT  Empty
PostSubject: The Meaning: Round One of the EDEN PROJECT    The Meaning: Round One of the EDEN PROJECT  EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

The Meaning
Round 1 of the EDEN PROJECT

Chapter 1: Clashing Motives

The entire world was in chaos. People surged through the streets, nothing but panic flooding through their minds. It was coming. The apocalypse was coming. And there was nothing they could do about it, nothing they could do to escape their inevitable fate...Or so they thought.

World Council, January 1st, 2013

"Vosele-san, every country capable of communicating with the outside world has been made aware of our...situation." A short Japanese man with heavily accented English announced. Delia Vosele, 50th President of the United States, sighed despondently, knowing this was the topic of discussion but dreading it all the same.

"I know. But, Naruhito, what are we supposed to do? After last year's false alarm, even if we were to tell the world, would anyone believe us?" she pointed out, recalling the famed 2012 disaster. So many people were convinced it was
"The End" that major chaos had broken out. In fact, countries all over the world were still struggling to regain control over the situation.

"Vell...I did have zis vun idea..." Delia and Naruhito, President of the United States and Emperor of Japan, respectively, shifted to face the speaker. Though young, Vladimir Rödulphus, President of Germany, was known for his superior intellect; many considered him to be a genius! If he had an idea, it would do them good to listen.

"Well, go on then," Delia pressed, leaning forward to better hear what he had to say.

"Ve could have a sort of...competition. Vere ze vinners vould be chosen to...live on, like in ze Bible. Vith Adam and Eve, you know? Zey could be ze new hope for mankind, and repopulate ze Earth," Vladimir explained, an excited look appearing on his face as he spoke. Delia was a bit skeptic; what kind of competition could possibly decide that?!

"But how would that work? What sort of competition could determine who lives on after the apocalypse?!" Naruhito voiced her thoughts, appearing a bit angry. Delia supposed it was at Vladimir's naïvety. She couldn't help but feel a bit fed up with him herself.

"Ah, but you see, zat is vhat I vas getting to. Each country vould choose a pair, a man and a voman, based on ze gene pool; zey vould have to have a perfect record, vith no disease or anyzing. Zen, zey would compete...In a vide-scale fight for survival."

Okay, for those of you who have no idea what this is about, allow me to explain. "The Meaning" is the first book in a potential series of mine. So far, I've dubbed it "The Eden Project", because it is pre-apocalypse, and in a time where the world has decided to hold a competition to see which man and woman will be chosen to live on after the world has come to an end. The six parts that'll eventually be posted make up the first chapter, "Clashing Motives".

If anyone can help me with the German accent, that'd be nice. Also, does anyone know what the current governmental structure of Germany is? I'm not sure if they have a President or a Prime Minister.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com

The Meaning: Round One of the EDEN PROJECT
Page 1 of 1