Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:38 pm

This is an AWESOME book. It has adventure, sadness, hope, loss and rediscovery of yourself. Milada, the main character, lives in Lidice, Cezhoslovika (didn't spell that right I don't think). One night, Hitlers soilders come and take the whole town away. Women and children- to the schools. Men/young men- unknown till end of the story. There, Miliada is looked at, her nose is measured,, her hair and eye color examined. When its time to leave to 'go meet up with the men', only two children are put on one bus. Milada and Ruzha, who isn't the niceist girl from school. They go to this camp, where they learn German and learn how to act like Ayran's and German's. They are taught to forget there intire past. Except Milada, who's renamed Eva, has a speacil star pin from her Grandmother and it helps her remember, secretly at night, who she really is. Then, adoption time comes and Eva is adopted by a family who's vater (father in German) is incharge of a concentration camp. For Cezh. women. When the war is lost, the Red Cross comes and asks for Milada and she goes back to be reunited with her mother. The rest of her family? Read the book to find out.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129753
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

:O This book was pure win! I loved it! Nice description! It fitted the books outline Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29042

PostSubject: Re: Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

It does! This book was so beautiful. I really like reading Holocaust books because I think they teach us a lot about human nature...Aha, this one made me cry...

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

PostSubject: Re: Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

I felt like crying (I think, I don't completely remember) too. It also inspired me to learn German, sicne it's cool sounding, not a lot of people know it and it's simliar to the English language. What surprised me was that it's about a true even. Hitler really did that. To punish a man who'd done something wrong against him, I think he'd tried to kill him. But, sadly, it was the wrong village. Isn't that horrible?
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: I'm replying!   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 pm

This is an awesome book! I mean, have you ever thought about being taken from your dad and brothers in the middle of the night, being checked by weird doctors who spaek another languge, being stuck on a bus with a somewhat snobby girl, and then getting told to forget who you are and where you come from? I would have to remember my past, because that would hold the key for my future. Guys, you should totally read this book. It's amazing!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf   Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone Named Eva by Joan Wolf
Page 1 of 1