Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marked (first in the House of Night series)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29042

Marked (first in the House of Night series) Empty
PostSubject: Marked (first in the House of Night series)   Marked (first in the House of Night series) EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:40 pm

I saw a classmate of mine reading one of the books in this series...so, being the bookworm I am, I hunted it down. Now I must share it with the world! At least, with you guys...Oksies, so here's the gist of it: Enter the dark, magical world of the House of Night, a world very much like our own, except here vampyres have always existed. Sixteen-year-old Zoey Redbird (weird name, but she's part Cherokee) has just been Marked as a fledgling vampyre and joins the House of Night, a school where she will train to become an adult vampyre (this is after her teenage life is ripped to shreds by her transformation, and her witchy mother acts like a major Stepford wife). That is, if she makes it through the Change--and not all of those who are Marked do. It sucks to begin a new life, especially away from her friends (scratch that, they're traitors anyway), and on top of that, Zoey is no average fledgling. She has been chosen as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx (religious people, think mother Mary--vampyres have a matraichal system, not sure if I spelled that right). Zoey discovers she has amazing poweres, but along with her powers come bloodlust and an unfortunate ability to Imprint her human ex-boyfriend. To add to her stress, she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers...Whjen she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite group, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.
By P.C. and Kristen Cast, I give this book four stars...the next four get even better, though, as Zoey learns who her real enemy is...and who her real friends are. This book is bold and somewhat shocking, but amazing nontheless. A bazillion times better than those stupid Twilight books. Zoey's life is real, and harsh, but she faces it with courage, and doesn't try to kill herself as she tries to find her true love...and my favorite character, who is sadly neglected at the part of the fifth book I'm at...Younger kids, don't read it. There's...cussing affraid Haha, it's great, though.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

WL Points : 26670

PostSubject: Re: Marked (first in the House of Night series)   Marked (first in the House of Night series) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

OMG, I LOVE this series! I just got the newest addition, Burned, yesterday and I am so excited to finish! My favorite character has always been Damion. I love how he is so comfortable with his sexuality and still is a kick-butt fencer! Zoey is such a strong leader and super brave. I even kinda sorta love Aphrodite! She is really funny in that evil, jerkface way... Laughing Haha. I am not finished with the whole series, but I am 100% forever and ever on Team Stark! Ugh, Heath and Eric can drop dead! Wink Everyone needs to read these books, but Tobi-chan is right: BE WARNED, it's not the most appropriate book ever...

~Grace1096
flower
Back to top Go down
Satchelle
Satchelle

WL Points : 25073

PostSubject: Re: Marked (first in the House of Night series)   Marked (first in the House of Night series) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Meh. When I first read it I thought it was great, but after the first book things began to go downhill. The main character became 'too perfect' in a way that really bothered me. I don't like how a chick is supposed to be a cool outcast, and then turns into the most popular girl in school. She became the most beautiful, all the guys liked her and she ended up playing two guys in a completely cruel fashion as well. The last point ruined the series for me. I didn't see it as searching for true love, I saw it as cheating essentially. I usually don't bother myself about girls and what they choose to do with their own bodies, everyone has rights when making their own decisions. However, when that teacher guy showed up at random and she sort of 'gave herself' to him (really vague about it too), it completely threw me off. Sad It's sad when I see a series turn sour for me, but that's just an opinion. I did like the first book, which is something, I suppose. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29042

PostSubject: Re: Marked (first in the House of Night series)   Marked (first in the House of Night series) EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:23 am

XD Yeah, now that you mention it, that did kinda suck. The first one was great, of course, but the only thing that kept me going through the series was Stark. I just like that kid too much to stop reading...DX Darn you, P.C. Cast, for making such an (in my opinion, which isn't always valid or correct) awesome character! So I kinda skimmed through until Stark came in, then I kinda skimmed to the Stark parts. Erik or whatever his name is always annoyed me, and Heath was just too...unbelievable. Loren was really pointless...I think they just brought him in to break it off with Erik.
Zoey did sort of become an annoyance, though...And Stevie Rae is just...weird. Dunno how to explain it. I just skip all of her scenes...

Tobi is a bad, baaad girl...XD

~Tobi~

Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marked (first in the House of Night series)   Marked (first in the House of Night series) Empty

Back to top Go down

Marked (first in the House of Night series)
Page 1 of 1