Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games:Rue's Version

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28883

The Hunger Games:Rue's Version Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games:Rue's Version   The Hunger Games:Rue's Version EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I am in the city square, waiting.'Who will it be this year? I don't have to worry about my siblings, they're to young to be in the reaping. "... and may the odds be forever in your favor!" The cherry woman in the pink wig, Effie Trincket, finishes her speech. Finally, I can't wait any longer! My siblings and mother stand to the side, worried for me. 'I am one amoung hundreds. It couldn't be me. "Rue Arron" What?! Me? My insides shake as I climb the stage. I'm hoping someone, anyone, will volunteer to take my place. But no one comes. I stand beside Effie. Her smile is to happy. Why would she be happy about girls going off to die? The rest of the ceremony seems distant. I don't notice who is called for the boys. Why does it matter that I know who it is? He is my enemy. But it is hard to think thoes things. He is just another innocent, like me. And yet they force us to kill or be killed.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31644

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games:Rue's Version   The Hunger Games:Rue's Version EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Uhh, Rach, you have some typos's again.Really, you need to start reading over your stuff, or typing it in word. Seriously, a few typos in your work is fine now and then, as long as they're corrected and you try hard not to let it hapen again. But. . . this has happened like EVERY time. Please try to be more careful. Everything is more enjoyable when you read it untypoed (and I know that isn't a word Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29022

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games:Rue's Version   The Hunger Games:Rue's Version EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Yes, there're far too many typos in here. Also, Effie didn't announce at the Reaping for District 10; each district had a different announcer. You'll have to correct that...

And as for Rue's character...I don't think you've captured her very well. As I read this, I don't feel like it's Rue. First, why doesn't it matter that boys will be sent to their deaths to? You should say children. And I don't think she'd be thinking it wouldn't be her so much as hoping it wouldn't be her. Fearful she may be, the books says she's calm as she walks onto the stand. I don't think she'd just ignore Thresh, either.

~Tobi~
~If you're not doing an original character, you have to be very careful about how you write the character's personality in fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31644

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games:Rue's Version   The Hunger Games:Rue's Version EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:25 pm

I totally agree. And why don't you make your posts longer? I mean, short and sweet is your deal, but sometimes longer stuff is good to. How else do you make a book?
P.S- Do you prewrite this stuff and then post it?

Last edited by Luv2Type on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games:Rue's Version   The Hunger Games:Rue's Version Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games:Rue's Version
Page 1 of 1