Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Holiday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23701

Christmas Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Holiday   Christmas Holiday EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I hope everyone is having an amazing Christmas break, I know I am! So, what are you people doing for the break, and Christmas and New Years? I'd love to hear about what fun the States are around the holidays. So, post away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28958

Christmas Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Holiday   Christmas Holiday EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:04 pm

'The States' really isn't that fun for the holidays. I mean, sure, we've got Times Square for New Years Even and the Rose Bowl Parade, but unless you live in California or New York, you can't actually go.
But my family has a few traditions. From Thanksgiving to Christmas, and usually a little afterward, we always have the radio on Christmas music in the kitchen. We break out the holidays smelling candles like Christmas Cookie and Apple Wreath. My mom, Rebecca, and I all make and decorate a Happy Birthday Jesus cake, and Rebecca and I sort the tree (it's fake, so you sort the branches to put it up) We have 2 Christmas trees, one for homemade ornaments, one for storebought ones. Homemade goes in the kitchen, storebough in the living room, which we put the presents under.
Yeah, not that exciting, but, it being Christmas, it's always fun!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31719

Christmas Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Holiday   Christmas Holiday EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 pm

My family (my twin and my mom mainly) makes ginger snap cookies every year around Christmastime. We watch all the Christmas specials on TV and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Rose Bowl Parade. We attend the candlelight Christmas Eve service at out church and this year we'll attend church on Christmas Day since it's a Sunday. My mom will make crazy amounts of banana nut bread for all our teachers and I've decided to make it a tradition of going to the band directors and giving them a hug with a 'Merry Christmas' on the last day of finals.
Hope you have a merry Christmas and happy New Year. Enjoy the break! Smile
Back to top Go down
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23701

Christmas Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Holiday   Christmas Holiday EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Every year my Christmas is split between my Mum or Papa's house. This year I'm staying with Papa, and him, my new step-mother and me all took a trip to Martinique. It's positivly gorgeous and wonderful, although Papa keeps our schedule full. We don't have alot of traditions in my family, excpet every year on Christmas Eve we go to Westminster Abbey for a service. This year we won't be going though, since we'll still be on holiday. Every year at my mothers we make Jafa cakes, which look a lot like moonpies to you Americans. And at Papa's, we take a trip around London to see all the Christmas decorations. New Years, we always go downtown to see the fireworks, which are beautiful, and drink Cranberry Royales. I wish I lived with your families, you sound like it's much more fun during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Holiday   Christmas Holiday Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Holiday
Page 1 of 1