Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When A Parent Gets Remarried

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23701

When A Parent Gets Remarried Empty
PostSubject: When A Parent Gets Remarried   When A Parent Gets Remarried EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:46 pm

In case you didn't guess by the title, my father got remarried today. He never told me he was seeing anyone, he didn't tell my mother, either. So when we got out of school for half-term on 21 October, my father picked me up with this woman and annonced that they were getting married 25 October, today. She wanted me to dye my hair blonde for the wedding, which I did, and I was her bridesmaid, so she picked a white dress to match hers. She's pretty and nice, but so young loooking. If you find me on Facebook you can see how young she is. Do any of you have any advice? What am I supposed to do about this new woman who seems to have invaded my home so suddenly?
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31719

PostSubject: Re: When A Parent Gets Remarried   When A Parent Gets Remarried EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Personnaly, I've never been through that, but it certainly sounds disarming. Four days before a wedding you learn that your father's been dating someone seriously enough to get engaged. Maybe you should try bonding with her-shopping, baking, studying, whatever you both agree on. Or just talk-about your plans with your life, your life before her and anything you definitaly don't want her disturbing. Ask her about herself and who she was before your dad-her career, family, interests, etc. And with both her and your dad, you might need to talk about siblings from her side or any they're planning to have. Its not like you're five-you can handle and understand stuff like that, therefore giving you a right to know. Also, you should suggest to your dad that your mom meets his new wife and ask if your mom will still be included in things like birthdays and holidays. Hope this helps.
Best of luck,
Luv
Back to top Go down
H.G_Peeta
Novice
Novice
H.G_Peeta

WL Points : 23419

PostSubject: Re: When A Parent Gets Remarried   When A Parent Gets Remarried EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Wow, thats gotta be hard. Like Luv2Type, that's never happened to me before, but I agree with her advice. Also, if your mom didn't know then (and still doesn't) I suggest that you be the one to tell her, very gently. She'd probably yell at your dad and just regect your stepmom. But you-the daughter she loves? She'd try to take it well, for your sake. Also, be open to this new woman. Who knows, she might be great. Just remember to not let her replace your real mom and make sure she knows that. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23701

PostSubject: Re: When A Parent Gets Remarried   When A Parent Gets Remarried EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks for all of your advice. He didn't "tell" my mother, but she got an invitation to the wedding, and accepted, although she wore black. I really don't know either of my parents well. I'm at a boarding school, so I only see my father, and now my step-mother on weekends. I see my mother even less, on holidays. We don't spend the holidays together as a family. Papa usually watches sports with friends from work, but now he'll be spending them with his new wife's family. I hate saying that- his new wife. It sounds wrong. My Mum seems upset, but understanding. She knew he wouldn't be alone for forever. They don't talk, they haven't since they got divorced 4 years ago. Papa and Sophie like each other, alot, and they're happy together, but I don't know her that well. She looked gorgeous at the wedding, and she smiles alot at me, and is very nice, but it still feels strange. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about Christmas. Last year was spent with Mum, so this year will probably be with Papa and Sophie. Thank you for the good wishes. And isn't it Thanksgiving over in the States? So, happy thanksgiving ( we don't have a thanksgiving here)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When A Parent Gets Remarried   When A Parent Gets Remarried Empty

Back to top Go down

When A Parent Gets Remarried
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: