Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23646

Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser Empty
PostSubject: Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser   Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Nobody's Princess is the first book in the Princesses of Myth series by Esther Friesser. It begins with the Princess of Greece, Helen, who is 4 years old. Her father is the king, her mother queen, and she has a twin sister and two elder twin brothers. However, she is not a normal girl. As she ages, she becomes more and more rebellious. Instead of liking what 'proper' girls her age do (weaving, dancing) she wants to learn to hunt, fish, and ride. Using her witt and her connections as Princess, she achieves these things, becoming more like her brothers than her twin sister. It's a wonderfully written book, and Helen is taken from the myth Helen of Troy, who was very much like our Helen. Through research, Ms. Friesser was able to guess at what Helen of Troy's childhood was like, and that was the basis of her novel.
~I got some of this from various sources, like Amazon.com. I'm not done with the book, but I wanted to give you an overview. Hope this isn't copyright!
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser   Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Sounds like an interesting book. Helen of Troy was one of the most beautiful, strong, and rebellious women of her time (according to legend) What are the other books in the series, they sound interesting. Are all of them about women from myths and legends? Finish the book soon so you can tell me how it ends!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23646

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser   Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Well Rachelle41, most of the books are about Princesses and Queens of ancient times, and most of them are either myths or people shrouded in myths, like Queen Neferttti and Cleopatra. The other books are Nobody's Prize, Queen of the Nile, and Princess of the Nile. I think that's all, but I'm not 100% positive.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser   Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Sounds cool. Is only one book in the series out or have you just been riding teh first one and the whole series is completely published?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser   Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: Books-
Jump to: