Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is Not The End

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129758
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

This is Not The End Empty
PostSubject: This is Not The End   This is Not The End EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm a big picture kind of girl. I look at a story, a place, a moment for its whole, rather than dissect it and look at tiny details. Once I have looked at something, and accepted it for how great it is, only then do I look closer and take in all the tiny details. I find it only fitting to sum up my years of Harry Potter.

When I was first introduced to the series, I was four years old. I fell in love with a magical realm of fairies and wizards and dragons and magic. I couldn't wait until I turned eleven to get my acceptance letter from Hogwarts. I would run around my backyard, waving a twig around and shouting "ALOHAMORA!" to anything and everything that came across my path. I would fall asleep and drift into dreams where I was Harry Potter, and I would meet Ron and Hermione and Hagrid and all these fabulous characters from the books I so loved.

When I turned seven, I stopped believing in magic and dragons. I no longer saw sparks of light fly from the twigs I waved. I no longer wished I was Harry, for my parents would be dead, and I would be up against something much bigger than I. I showed much interest in the books and the movies, I was still in love with the boy who lived and all of his friends.

When I was eleven, hard times came around. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were there for me at a time when no one else was. They were my friends, and I knew them well.
But I received no acceptance letter.

I am now fourteen, and Harry Potter has taken on a different kind of magic. The kind where a story is complete, with no loose ends, and a plot woven so carefully around all characters involved.
I have never seen a better series of books or movies before in my life.

Some may tell you that "their childhood is complete", but do not be fooled. My childhood is never complete. My children will read these books and see these movies many times over. They will fall in love the same way I did, and Harry Potter will live on. So let's make a Sorcerer's Stone in our hearts for Harry, Ron, Hermoine, Neville, Luna, McGonagle, Snape, Dumbledore, Ginny, and so many others who have made this series great.
I would not be who I am today without it.
All I have to say for now is:

Mischief Managed.

All is well.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com

This is Not The End
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: Books-
Jump to: