Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twisting Fate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29057

Twisting Fate Empty
PostSubject: Twisting Fate   Twisting Fate EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I have NO IDEA where this came from. I mean, I know I wrote it one night when I was half asleep...But seriously? WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?! XD Well, just 'cause I'm bored, I'll let you guys read it. Tell me what you think...Oh, and this is Harry Potter, by the way. I think. XD

Twisting Fate

</B>
Prologue

A bright, full moon was hanging in the sky, lighting up the area with a foreboding orange-tinted glow. The date was October 31st - Hallow's Eve.

Most children were out trick-or-treating, going from house to house, gathering various assorted sweets. Even the children of the wizarding world enjoyed this particular tradition.

But two naughty little children of the very same age had snuck away from the festivities, prefering an adventure in their own backyard (which was really more of a garden that slowly shifted into an ever-dark forest). Neither could truly explain why they felt so compelled to do so.

One, a small girl whose soft golden hair was pulled away from her face, decided this was too odd to ignore. "Remmie, where are we going? Mum will be worried."

"Oh, I don't really know. But I feel like we should go this way. There's a pool up ahead, you know," the boy replied. For a six-year-old, he was rather eloquent.

The girl at his side frowned, for though she knew what he said to be true, she wanted - no, needed a definite explanation. However, she didn't voice these thoughts, for fear of agitating her companion.
And so the two of them continued in silence, allowing instinct to lead them forward through the dense forest. Their footsteps were almost entirely silent against the pinestraw covering of the forest floor. Suddenly, the girl stumbled.

To this day, she has always looked back on that moment and wondered what it was she tripped over. A branch? A protruding stone? Or, perhaps, her own two feet?

Regardless, it was from that moment on that chaos ensued.

Something massive, dark, and tad furry burst from the underbrush. Both children jumped, terror obvious on their youthful faces.

Now, as children in that day and age, it was only natural for them to have heard the stories...Ministry officials, speaking out against Voldemort or the "creatures", and the dreadful consequences. But never in their wildest nightmares had they imagined this would happen to them.

Yet, it did.

The "creature", which they clearly recognized as a werewolf, pounced on the fallen girl first, a growl erupting from its massive jaws. She let out a sharp, high-pitched cry of terror, trying to back away but failing miserably.

Its sharp yellowed claws provided swift retribution, slicing through her soft flesh as if it was butter.
Her howls of pain were likely heard for miles; years later, they still haunted the boy's mind as he thought of all the things he could've done, but didn't. Fortunately for the girl, he managed to collect his wits a few moments later, attempting to shove the hulking monster away.

Well, the beast was none too pleased with being shoved by a puny shrimp of a boy. Forgetting about the hysterical girl at its feet, it directed its attention towards the boy, ocher eyes glinting eerily in the moon's orange light. Then, ready to tear something into very small pieces, it leapt onto the boy, teeth glinting as they pierced his torso.

Now, the girl's shrieks of pain rather resembled nails on a chalkboard. The boy, on the other hand, let out a cry of sheer agony.

And he thought he was haunted! That horrible sound never left the girl's mind alone, entering her thoughts every time she wasn't occupied with another task.

What happened next took all three of them by surprise; the girl, who'd been slumped over in the fetal position nursing her wounds, suddenly jumped to her feet, a look of pure determination in her midnight blue eyes. She knew she would never forgive herself if the boy's pain continued while she lay there, doing nothing.

So, she hopped onto the back of the scraggly werewolf, beating it on the head with her tiny fists. Surprisingly, the werewolf found this quite painful, and started trying to shake her off. His attempts were pointless, though, as she was stubborn beyond belief when it came to the boy's safety. By harming him, this critter had, in her mind, carried out a sin punishable only by death.

Sadly, things rarely went the girl's way. Whilst she plotted his (painful) torture and eventual death, the werewolf back into a tree, jarring her so soundly she nearly bit her tongue off. Once she had dropped to the ground, wounds flaring with pain, it turned on her, ready to rip her apart.

Eventually, it was stopped.

Eventually, the children were saved.

But it was far, far too late.

~Tobi~
~Remmie is NOT Remiel...But you guys know that, right? ;D C'mon, it's only TOO obvious...~
~WhatisthisIdon'teven...~

Last edited by Tobi-chan on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25051
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

Twisting Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twisting Fate   Twisting Fate EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 am

Nice ....... prose. I love all the Harry Potter refernences. But, it was sad.
Back to top Go down

Twisting Fate
Page 1 of 1