Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storyteller by Edward Myers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

Storyteller by Edward Myers Empty
PostSubject: Storyteller by Edward Myers   Storyteller by Edward Myers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:15 pm

I am only part way through 'Storyteller', but it's amazing! It starts out with a boy named Jack (no, he doesn't climb a bean stock) and he loves stories. At night he tells them to his family, using stories of food to 'fill' their bellies and funny stories to amuse them. When he reaches 17, Jack leaves to go to the royal city, meeting a talking bird on teh way who saves him from a band of robbers. He has quite a reputation for storytelling because before he left home, he told a story about where Garth Golden Eye's treasure was. And it turned out to be true! So he earned the name, Jack Storyteller. When he reaches the royal city, guards have him come to the palace to make the prince sneeze. Why? Because the foolish prince put a ruby in his nose! And he's older than ten, which makes him really stupid. Yet Jack does make the prince sneeze and so he is hired to help entertain the king.
One day, while he's doing this, he tells a story that the king does not want to here. When Mr. King asks why he told him such a story, he explains that he thought he needed to hear it. So instead of being beheaded, he gets premoted. And soon after that, he falls in love with the oldest princess. But she's in love with him too. No problem, right? Yes, problem, because prince Yoss (the stupid boy who stuck a ruby in his nose) is determind to keep them apart. Then, caught up in love, Jack asks the princess to marry him. And she agrees! So now you have stupid, in love Jack, pretty, in love princess and stupid, angry prince. Uh-oh.
Haven't read anymore than this, so ya'll will have to wait. Thanks for reading!
Love,
Luv
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: Re: Storyteller by Edward Myers   Storyteller by Edward Myers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Wow. First of all (I haveto say this) that Prince Yoss is stupid. Only little kids do something like that. However, Jack really isn't that smart either, if he asks the Princess to marry him when another guy higher up on the Social food chain wants too. If they run away and live hapilly ever after, I might scream. I mean, can't there be an unhappy ending to a fairytale? Like, the Princess is forced to marry Yoss, or she dies, or something like that? The world needs more Romeo and Juilet stories, where there is actual sadness and loss. I know people want to live happily ever after, but it's not gonna happen, so we need to just accept that and move on.
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28169

PostSubject: Re: Storyteller by Edward Myers   Storyteller by Edward Myers EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 pm

I read it, haven't returned it to the Media Center yet. :O It's like, 2 months overdue. ): It's a pretty good book. :]

♥ swιfty ♥ 13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storyteller by Edward Myers   Storyteller by Edward Myers Empty

Back to top Go down

Storyteller by Edward Myers
Page 1 of 1