Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Mosque At Ground Zero

Go down 
+6
Luv2Type
giraffe22
Tobi-chan
NikkiSwift
cheez_burger
Rachelle41
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28913

A Mosque At Ground Zero Empty
PostSubject: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:46 am

I'm sure that most of you have heard on the news about how a group of musilms want to build a mosque extremely close to Ground Zero. They're trying to use a chink in the Bill of Rights to get what they want. Amendment 1 says that you have freedom of religon, so they think that that means they are free to build a mosque not a block from Ground Zero. Personally, I believe that's shoving a finger in every Americans' face saying "Hey, look what we did here 9 years ago. Now we're going to rub the wound and make you build us a mosque here, too." Yes, I know that not all muslims want to kill us, and most consier themselves peaceful, and that they too are afraid of these radical musilms. But those radical muslims are still considered muslims, and they killed who-knows-how-many people. How can we allow the same group to build something so related to what happened there so close? We are Americans', and we are supposed to be a country of freedom. But is is right to let people rub the wound they left on us 9 years ago? The twin towers falling killed more people than Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor was bloody and terrible, and we think that it stands no cahnce to something like 9/11, beacuse the Japanese attacked an entire island of people, not just two towers. I thought that, too. But my dad told me it was the other way around. I just don't think that it's right to have a mosque so close to ground zero? I mean, can't they just build it somewhere else? What do you people think?
-Rachelle41 I love you
P.S. I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings, and I'm sorry if I did. I'm just saying what I feel.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129763
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Personally, it makes me want to rip someone's head off.
See, I have a friend. Both of her parents died on 9/11. I met her in the second grade. Her name is Katherine Daniels. Where is she now? She is in New York, at Ground Zero, either protesting or placing flowers at the monument statue that survived the attack. Katherine Daniels donates half of her bank savings each year to both the NYPD and the NYFD. She is living with her aunt and draws chalk murals on the buildings and sidewalks.
Katherine is the sweetest girl I ever met. She is strongly against the Mosque Building. Katherine is my role model, and I put myself in her position. There are more Katherine Daniels out there, and I must say I team up with them. No, they should not build a mosque at ground zero.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28179

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Sorry, don't know what a mosque or Ground Zero is, but the situation just sounds out of line to me. *Shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29052

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:40 pm

A mosque is a place where Muslims go to practice their religion, like Christian churches and Jewish synagogues. Ground Zero is where 9/11 took place, correct? Anyway, I completely agree. That's totally out of line for them, after they destroyed the place to begin with.

I'm noticing a pattern, though, in the way our country works. First, Pearl Harbor; Japan got ahead tactically and surprise attacked us. It's war, but we freaked out because it was on our home territory (Like that hasn't happened to hundreds of other countries). Result: Concentration camps for Japanese-Americans and eventually Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

Then, 9/11; considering the fact that they just blew up innocent people for no reason other than religion and terrorism, I'm not at all sympathetic towards them. That's more or less how we got into Afghanistan, too. They were harboring Al Qaeda, the group who attacked, and wouldn't let us punish them. Thus, the mess we're in right now (though that's also because the country is so terribly corrupted).

Nevertheless, it just seems like a pattern. I'm wondering if that's a bad thing...Anyway, the Qur'an, their "Bible", does tell them to kill all of us non-Muslims, and there are many radicals who believe that. It'd be crazy of us to allow such a ridiculous indecency. Just crazy. Which is why it's possible, taking our batty government into consideration...

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25046
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Building a mosque on Ground Zero would be just wrong on so many levels. That would disgrace the people that died on September 11, 2001. Does anyone agree with me?

~Giraffe22~
~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Yes, I agree with you. As I've posted before, we may be a free country, but there are limits! It's disrespect to the victims, the victims families, and also the hero's. They risked their lives and now people are saying we can build something that's basically encouraging people to look and say "Oh, they built a mosque near Ground Zero. They don't care about the poeple who died there, or their families, or the hero's. America's terrible." Do we want that? NO! It's unamerican!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Yaaaaa! I posted something that actually got people commenting!
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31674

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:08 pm

A mosque at Ground Zero is THE WORST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!! Anywhere else would be better. We don't mean to be predjudice, but simply the fact that people who said they were Muslim bombed and killed so many people is making us a little edgy. Yes, the Bible talks of forgivness, but a mosque just doesn't seem right. In fact, they wouldn't let a church be built there. It was there before 9/11 and the people of the church have been asking for it to be rebuilt. The answer they get: no. Now the dude who asks for a mosque gets this answer: yes. 1) We (Christians) asked first and had a church there BEFORE 9/11. 2) Doesn't the state or whatever realize what this could do to relatives of the victims of 9/11? There sons, daughters, husbands, wives, etc were killed by claimed Muslims. Now they want to build a mosque there? I won't be silent! It's WRONG! So yell out whoever DOESN'T want it. And SHUT UP New York state!
Back to top Go down
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

WL Points : 26680

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 am

Oh dear...
This is such a... umm... POLITICAL topic... And I know I am the only one who thinks this so far, so I fear that I will get a flood of angry replys to this... But I believe they should go for it. Build a mosque there, because it would be the same as buuilding it anyplace else I think. Wait, no. Not the same, but it wouldn't be a bad thing, I think. Yes, I know Muslims killed all those people and stuff, but those were EXTREMISTS (AKA: Butt faces) And they are completely WACK-JOB CRAZY. I am a member of Kids4Peace, an amazing organization that brings together Christian kids from Atlanta, and Christian, Muslim, and Jewish kids from the Middle East. We learn about eachother and our religions at camp for 2 weeks during the summer. Those 2 weeks changed my entire life and how I viewed other faiths. Did you know the Muslims are HUGE in the belief that you must love your neighbor as yourself? That is a bible verse as well! We have far more in common than you see! Those evil killlers who hit the twin towers may CALL themselves Muslims, but they are completely ignoring the basic guidelines they follow! Sometime you guys should take a look at the Quran (Muslim book of worship, like a bible) and see what it says. There is NOTHING about hurting other people in there. NOTHING. So real Muslims, the ones willing to live and practice their religion peacefully in America, should be able to do that worshiping wherever they please. Thus, we have freedom of religion. Plus, people are talking out against Muslims everywhere, not just near Ground Zero. These poor people have been giving a bad reputation just because of a few nut-jobs who say they are one of them! That isn't fair. Also, try to think of all the evil things that Christians have done. I am a Christian, and I have got to say, I am ASHAMED of some of the things our ancestors and fellow humans have done and are doing! For example, Christians led the rape, enslavement, and genocide of Native Americans in the United States as well as the enslavement and descrimination of Africans for hundreds of years. That is NOT what Christianity is about. No wonder Chrisitans have being given the stareotype of "hypocrites." We are now saying to "Treat other as we would like to be treated", yet we can build churches next to the reservations we stuck the Native Americans in, but Muslims can't build a Mosque next to Ground Zero? Ya know, some people just don't figure things out on their own. I'm not saying this is true about ya'll, but have you ever read the Quran or talked to an actual Muslim? Most people just take what they hear from the media or their parents and go with that, and don't form their own opinions. I gotta tell ya, my entire family believes the same way as you guys, but I read a bunch of interesting articles written by Muslims themselves and went to camp with Kids4Peace and learned that we are all the same and can live in peace, without hatred toward one-another. Believe it or not, many of your friends at school are Muslim and go to Mosque every Friday, and they can't even imagine someone doing something so evil and calling themselves one of them!

Whew, that sure was a mouthful! Haha! Now, please don't shun me for thinking this guys, just PLEASE hear me out. We NEED to learn to live in peace with each other as kids and accept our religious differences now, because when we get to run the world, I sure as heck hope that it is better than the one we live in now. America totally SUCKS right now, and so does the rest of the world because we just can't seem to get over the fact that we are all different. Thanks for listening (If you did read this entire rant of mine) and don't hate me please! I love you all!!

~grace1096
flower
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Fire
Novice
Novice
Scarlett Fire

WL Points : 25988

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 3:32 am

A Mosque at Ground Zero? It's a whole block away. It's not like it's actually ON that site. Although, I can see it being a bit of the problem, but I also understand that there are the good and the bad in EVERY RELIGION. Although, building a Mosque near Ground Zero might not be a good idea. Sure, there were people claiming to be Muslim who destroyed the Twin Towers, and sure, they gave the whole religion a bad name. But please, try to remember that if you turn the lights off, we're all the same. Who cares what colour, religion or race you are. We all bleed red, we all do stupid things and sometimes, we all do incredibly amazing things. Sometimes, we just need to look past the bad to see the good.

And by the way, Christians were also the ones who took Aboriginal children who were half-cast, etc, away from their parents. Only because they were "trying to save them". It wasn't needed. Their culture was fine. But once the Whites came in... And you wonder why we have so many drunk Aboriginals nowadays...

And also. I am not an Aboriginal. I'm just pointing out the flaws with the world's current society.

~Scarlett.
Back to top Go down
http://callofcuruwen.webs.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 am

Aw, we could never hate you, Grace-pyon. And really, all this chaos between religions helps to keep me neutral ;D. I do know a few Muslims myself, and they aren't all bad, for sure. It's just, those weren't the only extremists, so we need to be a little more careful about these things (we as in America, which really does suck right now). You have an excellent point, Grace, but there's one thing I'd like to point out.

Their religious text, the Qur'an, essentially labels all non-Muslims as "infidels", and while many aren't radical enough to make the connection, some do connect "jihad", or holy war, and infidels. "Jihad" itself means struggle, and doesn't necessarily refer to a combative war, either, but extremists interpret it to mean a "holy" war against non-Muslims. While it may be right to think of the "Mosque at Ground Zero" as just a mosque for people to worship in, many people's lives were scarred by the horrors of 9/11, and it's just not right for the government to ignore that. Sure, it'd be nice if they could magically change their way of thinking, but that doesn't happen overnight. It'll take decades for that kind of pain to be forgotten, not years. And pain leads to fear and anger, however rational or irrational.

~Tobi~
~Scar-neechan has a great point too. We're all essentially human when it comes down to it...But I don't think it's a religious problem so much as a political problem, like Grace-pyon. Really, our government is "by the people, for the people," so they should start listening to us every now and then.~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Okay. Yes, they have religious freedom and freedom is what America stands for and fights for, but- I can't help it, no mosque. Yes, Christians were bad, cause we're human and every single one of us is bad, but-it just isn't right. Somewhere in their worship book (I don't know how to spell the name) it says that everyone who's not a Muslim should die. Yes, there are similarities, but the Bible doesn't say that. And it's just hurtful because of what happened to the peope there. It's just too close and wounds like that take a long time to heal. I want world peace Grace, but some things are just a no for certain reasons. That's why I think the state of New York is very, very stupid for agreeing to a mosque when those hurt families don't want it. They should overthrow the government Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28503

PostSubject: yes   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 pm

agree with Scar- Chan

A mosque at ground zero is a good idea. + ground zero is not the actual site of the fall. I understand peoples feelings of loved ones. But because a bad part of one group does something bad doesn't mean everyone in the group does something bad. A mosque is a symbol of piece for their culture. SO I say why not?! I have friends who are Muslims, they couldn't even IMAGINE doing something like that. Their religion is centered on peace.

PS- Christians have done some pretty wacko stuff. Half of the KKK was christian and blacks don't call them MASSACRERS so don't hand off that "Muslims did it" crap
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Chill, arrow. An yus, ground Zero IS the actual site. I've been there mahself. However, the mosque is only one block away, which is practically on the site. It couldn't be on the site, silly, they're rebuilding the towers :3
But I have to agree with you, Luv. I think it's pretty ridiculous. Just like "Hey, lookie what we did! So now, let's worship our Lord at the place where it all happened. Hah." You know? I'd have to say no. No mosque :3
Back to top Go down
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:05 am

Smile
Luv, Cheez, Tobi, Arrow:
You all make great points! I love ya'll and I am actually pretty surprised at how much you all know about this stuff... I don't usually watch the news too much, but I am particularly interested in this topic.

Just a few things though... Luv and Cheez? I'd just like to remind you that these Muslims are NOT trying to rub the fact that a few nut-jobs of their religion caused the disaster. They don't wan't to build a mosque there for that reason. I think they want to build it there for the same reason that someone might build a Dunkin Doughnuts (yum.) on the side of the road: convenience. Is there another mosque nearby? I don't know. I don't live in New York. But, just because they are building one a block from Ground Zero doesn't mean they wan't to flaunt a few people's mistakes. And perhaps they're building it partly because of the event to spread tolerence and knowledge of their religion to the surrounding area because they are all so freaked by them now. Why not spread knowledge? Their neighbors are learning to hate them for something they didn't do! It would be great for them to know what Islam is really all about.

Also, I'd like to point out that only a very select few people believe that anyone non-Muslim is an infidel... Just those maniacs who planed and caused the towers to fall and the people who follow them. Because they are the only ones we hear about in the media are those crazies, people think they are all like that. Actually, there are VERY few of them compared to the number of "normal" Muslims, especially here in the USA. And don't forget that many Christians believe that anyone who doesn't believe in their God will go to Hell, but it is wrong if Muslims believe that as well? Besides, they can believe that without killing the non-Muslims, can't they? Now, I don't read Arabic, so I trust Tobi that the Qu'ran actually says that about non-Muslims being unworthy or whatever she said Wink , but I know for a fact that none of the Muslims I know believe that (and I know PLENTY). So, much like Christianity, there are many types of Muslims who interpret their laws differently from eachother. But they basically are all about caring for your neighbor, in fact, the holy book of Islam says...
(In Arabic)...

"Worship Allah and join none with him (in worship); and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the neighbor who is near of kin, the neighbor who is stranger, the companion by your side ... "

And there you have it! The Qu'ran says to love your neighbor as yourself, so why don't we ALL love our neighbors as ourselves INCLUDING the Muslims and let them worship wherever they wish?

*** Oh and Tobi? You are 100% correct and I salute you for that! You are really persuasive. And while I believe it SHOULD be true and a Mosque SHOULD be built wherever it can be, I doubt it will ever really happen due to protestors and Islamaphobes and those poor families who were torn apart by the event (Yes I do feel for them and I am EXTREMELY sorry for their loss and I HATE the people who caused it). I don't think there is much I can do about allowing the Mosque to remain near that area. Luckily, we are only debating opinions and not solutions because people who think my way are obviously outnumbered by people who see it opposite (fight the power, Arrow! Wink ). I just think everyone should know a few reasons why it isn't a bad idea before they make final opinions. I really hope you will follow up on this, though, Tobi. You are SUPER insightful. What do ya gotta say about all this?
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 am

Okay, I didn't read your whole post grace, but you've got to understand that this isn't a good idea. At every site they've destroyed, they've built a mosque there. Yes, I heard it on TV, but my Dad says it's true too. It just isn't right. I understand why you want it, because it's included in our rights that we're allowed such, but I'm sure even the founding fathers would disagree with a mosque. How do you know they aren't bragging about their nut-jobs? We don't know. World peace is good, so is fairness. But you've got to realize that this is wrong, that they could have picked another site, they didn't, there's a reason for that. Think about it. Seriously, really think. Why'd they pick a spot near ground zero when there are other places? One a few more blocks away so it isn't such a big deal. One not so close, not so personal. Why'd they choose that site? It's got to mean something.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:51 am

Grace, it's not the peaceful Muslims who want to build it. It's the extremists.
Back to top Go down
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Hahaha. Cheez, where did you hear THAT? You don't KNOW they are extremists, nobody does! If we knew that, they would all be in jail. FOX news isn't the best place to go to hear 100% factual news because it leans very hard toward right wing (Republican) politics. Neither is MSNBC, which leans more toward the way Democrats see things. Both channels are relatively biased with what they cover, so depending on which you watch, you will usually get different sides of stories. I wouldn't trust either of them for completely true news! Same goes for internet, though I am a lot less familiar with that. Also, asking different adults about it can give you different information as well, because Democrats will give you an answer that goes with what they believe, and visa versa.

So what I see in that last comment is just an opinion of someone (which is not a bad thing, but this opinion doesn't exactly go along with the evidence given from non-biased news stations) who is partial to one certain political party. Perhaps you should check out foreign news, because they are usually the most reliable sources! Go figure, huh. Smile

Anyways, I just disagree whole-heartedly with that last statement. It didn't make any sense to me. If it were true, this arguement would be pointless because all those people would be in prison! I mean, if we KNEW they were plotting against everyone non-Muslims? Pee-shaw! Their butts would be in JAIL! Why would all the extremists gather in one place where all the citizens are staring at them anyways? In New York City, that is one of the biggest fears! I am sure that a dude with a beard and a turban walking down the road would be terrifying to many people there. All eyes would be on that dude and everything he did. These guys have GOT to be smarter than that. They were able to take over a PLANE. Haha. That is pretty tough to do.

~grace1096
flower
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Grace, you're saying maybe we should listen to the Muslims who DIDN'T blow up the Twin Towers, right? Well, how do we know they aren't lying? How do we know they're not biast? We know that some dude whose Muslim is bound to be in a turban and have a beard, so we try to say 'oh please, that's not him'. But how do we know that? They could look so obvious we DON'T suspect them. After all, the got on a plane looking like average citizens. Why not do it again?

NOTE TO LUV: I think pretty much the only word that ends with "mt" in the English language is "dreamt". Maybe. I dunno. Anyway, it's "biased". ;D
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28503

PostSubject: WHY NOT   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 pm

TO US Luv, TO US we look the same. Maybe to them WE ALL look the same with anorexic waistlines and insanely straight hair. Just because we are ignorant doesn't mean they can't celebrate their religion. Also don't even get me started on lying because America is the queen of lies and scandal. I'm not even going to go there.
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 pm

I can't belive all of this is happening! I've never posted something that got so much attention. Now, I don't think I've seen this yet, but don't start threatinging people. Yes, we may have different views of the world, and politics, and religon, but we can all debate peacefully. Continue to post, please, and be nice.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:53 pm

D'oh..."biast" is "st", not "mt"! XD I'm stupid. Sorry, Luv-chan! It is "biased", though, and, um...Isn't what you're saying a tad biased? "We can't trust them because they're Muslim! Who knows what they're hiding!" Perhaps they do feel the same way. Perhaps we all feel the same way. Like Hitler: "Let's kill the Jews to move me ahead politically...And just because I don't like them." Aha. That was fun.
Though, I did find a quote that I think expresses how I feel about many of these matters. It stated, "I used to have an open mind, but then my brains started falling out." After a while, people constantly clashing over everything just gives me a giant headache. That's probably why religion is so difficult for me; it causes too much conflict for me to be comfortable with.
Nevertheless, due to the feelings of those involved, I believe it'd be best if...Oh, what am I saying? Let them build the mosque. Let's see what happens when they do. How much do you bet someone burns it down or destroys it? How does that bet weigh against them doing something else in that area? You know what, let them build the mosque, and let's just see how it unfolds. That will tell us how we need to act in the future.
Ah, yes, and Arrow, you do have a point in saying America isn't so clean herself. Our country has dirtied her hands too, as much as we'd rather deny it.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:06 am

Tobi, I don't think you understand what you're risking. You're saying let them build a mosque, and lets see what happens. YOu know what happened a little while before 9/11? There was a terrorist who got ratted out, and the judge said "You know what, lets NOT search his computer." If they had searched his computer, they would have found some of the plans about what was going to happen on September 11th, 2001. That judge unknowingly killed approximately 3,000 men, women, and children. He was taking a chance, a deadly one. I'm not saying that's goin to happen, but some people say that musilms build mosques at the site of their conquests and victories. The mosque might be destroyed, but do you think no one will be hurt doing that? If someone decides to attack, they're not going to do it at night when no one is there. They'll storm and kill and who knows what else during the day, when people are there to kill. They might be musilms, and we might not like them, but they have people who love and care about them. There will be american citizens killed if that happens. I'm not willing to risk that, but you might. The again, I'm not a risk taker, and you might be.
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:29 am

I just disagree with the mosque, okay? And my fingers hit a few of teh wrong keys, so I know that those words were misspelled. And I'm not trying to be biased. I'm just saying-its too close to where 9/11 happened. And how come they denyed the church that used to be built there the right to rebuild? But then they let the mosque get built? Freedom of religion comes into play here too. And I'm not saying we shouldn't trust muslims. They're people and American citizens too. I'm just saying that its too close to the site of the Twin Towers, its on teh rough edge of a place that has caused great mourning in our nation. They shouldn't build it. I know, freedom of religion. They should be able to build there mosque because of that. I'm not denying the fact they have that. But-its just too close. That's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:39 am

I dunno if I'm a risk-taker. I do what it takes to get the job done, and that's about it. But there are some risks that need to be taken, and that judge was flat out stupid. That's a legal matter, though, because once you're a citizen of America, you have certain rights to privacy. I don't know the details; maybe he was just being plain old stupid, but this isn't the same situation. They build mosques at their "victory" sites? That's an insane assumption to make. Back it with some solid evidence, and that's a pretty hefty point, but otherwise that's really just pointing fingers and paranoia.
Again, maybe if we were simply looking at the feelings of those involved, the mosque isn't the greatest idea ever. People are going to be pissed. But hey, the same thing happens with every political situation that's thrown out there. History shouldn't be repeating itself so darn often. I mean, at this rate, we're looking at two potential genocides; either the Americans kill all the Muslims out of fear (hello, Holocaust), or the Muslims really do kill all of the non-Muslims. Their holy book is left to one's own interpretation, though, so it's probably only extremists that think that way. We, on the other hand, are fearful for no real, substantial reason. Was 9/11 even ABOUT religion? I believe cheez pointed out earlier that they just didn't like America. I don't think ya' could count the number of countries that don't like America on just your fingers. Politically, a lot of countries just really don't like us.
Look at North Korea; they're raised to hate our guts. And even though they attacked South Korea, we couldn't do much of anything 'cause they're backed by China (hopefully not for too much longer, though). China owns us. I dunno if they hate us, but they own us. Cuba hates us too. Along with most of the Middle Eastern countries...Anyway, the point is, although most of the countries that hate us are communist, we're no virgin Mary.
We all need to get over it before everybody gets killed, and there's no one left to fight. Really, we just need to tighten our security, maybe restrict immigration (particularly of the illegal sort). That way terrorists aren't just sneaking in behind our backs. But really, I think I'll just make an embarrassingly pacifist statement and say, "Why don't we all just get along? And maybe get over ourselves while we're at it?"
Ah, that's also true, Luv, but "freedom of religion" is a double-edged sword in that case. Really, though, I don't care if they build the mosque or not anymore. I'm sick of pride. Forget pride. Leave pride in the Sahara desert to dry up and die. Sometimes it isn't pride ya' need, but integrity, and the will-power to bend a little here and there, make a few compromises. Maybe that's what we need: a compromise.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:55 pm

9/11 did have a little to do with religion because (I think) all the people who took over the plane and killed all those people CLAIMED to be muslims. Which is very mean of them because giving muslims ( or an group) a bad name is horribly mean. But they don't care. They just needed a religion to be extremists in and now, ten years later (or almost), they knew something would come up and spark a big arguement. Something to do with the religion they picked. Something big enough to distract from another bombing (maybe). Most people in the countries they're hiding in are muslim, so picking that religion was easy. And now that something has come up with a mosque near the area that the stupid extremists bombed. It's a sore spot for the families, so I'm just saying they shouldn't do it. It's not that muslims are idiots, its just-no. I can't really put logic to it. It just shouldn't be built.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mosque At Ground Zero   A Mosque At Ground Zero Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mosque At Ground Zero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: The Debate Place-
Jump to: