Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?

Go down 
+3
Rachelle41
NikkiSwift
Tobi-chan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29052

Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? Empty
PostSubject: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 am

We've all heard about the whole "Jihad" (Holy war for the Muslim religion) deal. Our religion is right, the rest of you are infidels, et cetera. The extremists of many religions (though mainly Islam these days) believe their religion is the best and only religion. Remember Hitler? He killed millions of Jews and other people he found impure during the Holocaust. Me? I've heard people trying to force their religion on others one too many times.

But is starting a war over it really right? Look at history; over and over again, we've started wars over some religious dispute, no matter how petty. "Oh, you're Hindu? Well, we're Muslim, and we don't like you!" "Same for you loser, this is our country?" Yeah, I watched the Gandhi movie. "Aw, you're Jewish? Sucks for you!" Your typical Nazi-supporter. Way back in those Bible-esque times too, they were always fighting over one of four things: money, land, women, or religion.

I don't think it's right. At all. Is there anyone who does? I'd like to hear your reasoning, and that of anyone who disagrees, too.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28179

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 am

I think it's just stupid, really. I mean, we're different people with different life styles, different skin tones, different favorite TV shows, etc. We each have a right to believe in our religion and worship our own gods/god. It doesn't matter what religion it is. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddha (don't know his religion, sorry), etc. If the stupid people want 'world peace' someday they'll have to learn to hold their tongue and keep their opinion to their self.
I forgot where I'm going with this. It's like 12:00 in the morning.
Atheists probably thrive on keeping world peace and the hippie stuff. xD
~Nikki
~Eh - I don't know. Wait, I'm sorry, what are we typing about again? Tired. . . . . Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28913

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:41 pm

That is a very dicey subject. It kind of depends on the situation. During 9/11, the muslims ran into our world trade center. We responded with war. Also, muslims have attacked churchs in Iraq. If you are defending your religon, then I thinks it's okay. An example- if someone attempts to bomb lots and lots of churches in London because they're Hindi and the churchs are Cathloic, then, most likely, England would respnd with war. I think that would be okay beacuse they're defending their religon and their country. However, if you just go outside a shoot whoever is wearing a headscarf, that's just plane wrong. As Nikki said, we need to understand that we are one world, and we need to deal with each other long enough to actually get some progress done in the world.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129763
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:41 pm

I have to agree qith Rachelle. It depends on the situation, But 9/11 isn't the best example. Not all terrorists are Muslim, and not all Americans are Christian. But if I need to fight to keep my religion alive, I will. I guess it really depends on the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29052

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 am

Ah, but you see, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. You're speaking more about retaliation. And, in fact, we did not engage in a religious war over 9/11. The war we are in right now is not a religious war; we only attacked Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11 because they were harboring Al Quaeda (not sure if I spelled that right, but to sum it up, major terrorist organization). We fight terrorism not because they target any specific religion, but because they target our country.

Regardless, I'm talking about the people who attack in the first place; the people who provoke others, the original causes of the war. Cheez, you said you'd fight to keep your religion alive, but you'd only need to do that if someone was threatening it, and that someone would be the root of what I'm talking about. Is it morally right for someone to attack another person or group just because of relgion?

~Tobi~
~Ah, Nikki, I'm not completely atheist myself -I still hold certain Christian beliefs- but they're not hippies. Hippies would be pacifists, who are religious but don't believe in war. Atheists simply do not believe in a divine power.~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28179

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:24 am

xD Sorry, Tobi!
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129763
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 am

Oh! I get it! And no, 'tis not. Like good ol' Dumbledore says...

"Even though we may come from different countries and speak in different toungues, our hearts beat as one."

True. Just because, say, I beleive in one God and the next guy walking along the sreet is polythiestic, does that mean he is not human, or that I should follow him home and slaughter him with a butterknife? NO! It doesn't!
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28913

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Yeah, you're totally right, Cheez! We sometimes think differently about someone if their religon is obvious( like we know a person is musilm if they're wearing a headscarf) Killing because of religon just isn't acceptable. If I was muslim, I wouldn't go around killing every person who isn't a muslim. However, I am a Christin, and I don't go around stalking jews or muslims or polythestics to kill! Murder in itself is wrong! We have to learn to live as one world and one human race, not as jews and christins and muslims. If you read my "Together We Can Find A Cure For Cancer" I hint at that. Plus, Cheez, I think that trying to kill someone with a butter knife would be really hard.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25046
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Killing because of religion is very wrong but oddly some people do it. confused Nice quote from Dumbeldore Cheez! He always makes up the best quotes. Yeah, but do not kill because of religion!!!

~Giraffe22~
~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31674

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:01 pm

I remember hearing a song and a few words were 'we all kill each other, cause God told us to'. I don't remember the whole thing, but before that it listed a bunch of religions. We're different, yes. Christians know that God will return for them, which He will. But war? I know its stupid to wish for world peace, but can't we at least fight over something other than religion. 9/11 wasn't really about religion, it was about America itself and those dudes hated America. But its starting to feel that way with the mosque thing. Religion, no matter what we want, is going to start wars. But its not right. War is never right. For protection is might be, but religion is stay away from wars. It's horrible and evil. Just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

WL Points : 26680

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:07 pm

I completely agree. If wars over religion haven't worked in the past, why the heck would they work now? People die and survivers are forced to believe something they truly don't. I don't think there is a religion out there that actually says, "Peace is bad. We gotta kill eachother.", so why do these whack-jobs keep doing it! FRUSTRATION IN MAH BRAIN!!!

Fighting is NEVER the answer, but sometimes people just won't drop the idea and USE. THEIR. WORDS. Haha. It's like our world is filled with a bunch of 2 year olds. We scream "MINE!" or "STOP IT!" and we immediatly bite the other person's finger or whatever. What happened to talking out our issues?

Great topic, Tobi! It looks like we all agree that fighting is bad. That's good, I've got some hope for humanity now. Smile
~grace1096
flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?   Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Starting A War Over Religion Morally Right?
Page 1 of 1