Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On The Brightside- Never Shout Never

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129788
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

On The Brightside- Never Shout Never Empty
PostSubject: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28938

PostSubject: I'm replying!   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Cheez, I really like that song. I also like the bands name-Never Shout Never. You have a great song there. I should sing that on AGT. Do you think i should? I also love the graphics! It takes a lot of work to get it to look so perfect! Thanks for posting it!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29077

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:04 pm

This is a very nice, motivational song, though it'll never be one of my favorites, because that's not really my genre. Still, it is a good song, and the graphics are nice enough. Rachelle, considering you are a girl (I think XD), it would be wisest not to sing this song. It's very hard to sing in the correct pitch when a guy is originally singing the song. Either you're too high for your range, or you're to low. At least, this is a problem I have enountered as a singer...
You're going to have to be a crowd-pleaser for this sort of show, though, so perhaps they're looking for a young girl singing a motivational song. Personally, I prefer something with some power behind it, or something that just sounds pretty. But then again, I'm biased...So this is just my personal opinion. "Cry to Angels" by Idiom of Sad is a very strange, techno-ish song that just sounds really pretty, particularly if you have a naturally high voice, and any song by Amy Lee (lead singer for Evanescence) is good for us gal's who have slightly lower voices, or just prefer to sing in that mid-lower-high-range.
Then again, you could also go with a classic, like those lovely Christmas tunes, or "Come Little Children" from Hocus Pocus (I don't know if there's an actual full version available...but it's one of those pretty, mysterious, lullaby-ish songs).

~Tobi~
~I dunno...But if you're in desperate need of songs, I've always got a head-full of ideas~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129788
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Nah, I don't think you should. It's too popular. Maybe try something like drops of Jupiter by Train or Slide by the GooGoo Dolls?
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29077

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:12 pm

I love Soul Sister by Train, but Drops of Jupiter isn't all that great...I mean, if you've got a really powerful singing voice, and can do that talking/singing voice type, you could, perhaps, do it. But it's not very good for a girl to sing. And, again, it might be really high if you try to sing it in your pitch.
Though, I could be wrong. If you've got that low-ish, powerful-country-ish voice type, you could probably pull it off.

Oh, and for "On The Brightside", when you're nervous, your voice is not-so-great on the high notes. It's best to find something more mid-range. And the timing is a bit difficult to pull off, as well.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28938

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for all the great advice, girls! However, I'm pretty sure of what I want to sing. Here is my list-
Atlanta-Who Is That Girl
Las Vegas-The Climb
Hollywood #1:A Moment Like This
Hollywood #2:Dynamite
Hollywood #3: Undecided. These are my ideas- Mine by Taylor Swift, On The Brightside by Never Shout Never, According To You by Orithani, and I am open to any suugestions! Thanks for your help, again!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
okipoki
Instructor
Instructor
okipoki

WL Points : 26666

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Cheez! I hacking LOVE you! I'm pretty sure that NeverShoutNever has been one of my favoritest bands for over a year! Smile He's great (a one man band to let y'all know.) And this song really does work for girls' voices because NeverShoutNever has such a high voice for a guy that it'll work if you try to sing it Rachelle41, but only if you can hit relatively high notes yourself. Good lucky with whatever it is you want to try out for!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Brightside- Never Shout Never   On The Brightside- Never Shout Never Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Brightside- Never Shout Never
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Literary :: Poetry :: Lyretic Poetry-
Jump to: