Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to keep a Storybook Moving

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129818
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

How to keep a Storybook Moving Empty
PostSubject: How to keep a Storybook Moving   How to keep a Storybook Moving EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:32 am

All right - so I've noticed a lot of times storybook writers have one of these problems:

1 - They can't get the storybook started.
2 - They can't keep the storybook moving at a decent pace
3 - They end up posting very short, undetailed posts just to post.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm in a storybook I want something fast paced and fun to write, then doesn't get boring. And I don't think one or two sentence posts should be allowed unless you're just discussing the storybook.
So here are a few suggestions I have for starting, or posting on storybooks.

1 - Make sure you have a plot
Don't start a storybook without at least a few general plot ideas. When you do this, it easily becomes to chaotic to continue, and people drop out. Once a few key people drop out, the storybook becomes pointless.

2 - Put you character into the story
Sometimes you may have trouble figuring out where to put your character in so they're engaging with someone. We're all guilty of posting something along the lines of "someone bring me in please?" Instead of doing this, try to put your character anywhere. In a room with another group of characters that are already talking, walking down the hallway toward another character, etc etc. And if none of that works, PM someone else in the storybook and ask them to engage with your character, instead of clogging up the storybook with "bring me in" posts.

3 - Post longer posts
Each post you make should be, at the least, one paragraph long. If that's the case, it should be a standard, 4-7 sentence paragraph. Even then, this is still a VERY short post. If you're at a loss for what to post, add in descriptions. This is good writing practice, and gives others an idea of how you're viewing the setting.

Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com

How to keep a Storybook Moving
Page 1 of 1