Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm Not So Excited...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29107

I'm Not So Excited... Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:56 am

"Do not stand at my grave and forever weep. I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the morning sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush, of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and forever cry. I am not there. I did not die."

I don't know if any of you at other schools heard, but a student of ours, and an acquaintance of mine, was hit by a car Friday. Supposedly, the car was driven by a 23-year-old who had his children with him. I don't believe he was drunk. The guy who died, Dakota Wilson, was apparently wearing black, and the driver didn't see him. The accident was fatal.

So, there's a funeral today, about five hours from now. Seeing as I wasn't very close to Dakota, I won't be attending. However, it's still very difficult for me and many others in my grade to deal with this sudden loss...And I thought you all should know.

I mean, there a are a few kids in lower grades who knew him, but most of them think of his death as a hindrance to their day. I know this because I've heard them saying that. It hurts, to hear that, and I fear that they won't truly understand this kind of loss until they experience it. That isn't something I'd wish on anyone.

Goodbye, Dakota. Thank you for the time you spent with us. I'm truly sorry I couldn't know you better.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129818
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Amen. I'll be praying for his safe trip to heaven.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28968

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh, Tobi. I'm so sorry that all of this happened. I know that it's hard when someone, anyone, dies. It doesn't matter if you knew them really well or not, it will still hurt. You just have to think that his purpose in life on this earth had been fulfilled, so it was time for him to go. I know that it is hard to accept death, but, unfourtunatly, we all will. Try not be upset or resentful to the driver, because I'm sure he didn't mean too. I hope this will get easier for you and you and Dakota's family will be in my prayers.
-Rachelle41:(
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31729

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

That is sad. Horrible. That just because he chose to wear black on that specific day at that specific time, he died. That's not fair to anyone! Not fair to the driver who might go to jail for an accident, not fair to the parents and/or siblings.
I like the poem. Would it be okay if I used it in my book for when the main charcter dies? It;s okay if you say no. I understand if you wrote it just for him.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Ah, no, it's okay if you use the poem. Actually, I got it from an anonymous source, and used it for my Reflections entry as well. It's about the story of Lucifer's fall from Heaven...If you'd like to read it, I could send it to you, I suppose...
I don't think the driver will go to jail. As I believe I might've said elsewhere (not really sure), he's a 20-something youth pastor who had his kids in the car. He wasn't drunk or anything; I don't blame him. If anything, I truly pity him.
Oh, and I do love stories where the main character dies. It's strange; I'm unnaturally sensitive to death, but as far as character death in books is concerned, I'm generally an advocate. Well, really, just main-characters. It's said when the other characters die.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31729

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah. I know. Nobody ever kills their main charcters, so I'll be different and do so. I'm gonna make it pretty evilly sad though. You'll cry your guts out! Well, maybe not, but I can try!
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Luv, if you write a book that can make ME cry, you will instantly become one of the most famous writers of all time. It takes a very special book to make me cry. Most recently, the only book I've read that's made me cry is The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, though I don't suggest any of you read it until you're older. It's more of an adult book, but fantastic nonetheless.

I always look forward to books that kill their main characters off, though. Ya' can't go wrong there, at least not by me~

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not So Excited...   I'm Not So Excited... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Not So Excited...
Page 1 of 1