Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Currently Reading: Ever

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31664

Currently Reading: Ever Empty
PostSubject: Currently Reading: Ever   Currently Reading: Ever EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Ever! Oh, my what an amazing book so far. Gail Carson Levine has caputured my heart for the third time. She wrote Fairest and Ella Enchanted. Two AMAZING books. This one, unlike the two others, has fake gods like Admat (god of everything for the city of Hyte) and Olus (Akkan god of the wind). I'm not sayings I belive this stuff and the athor actually has a Bible verse in the begining, but they just add to the story. So far, I have read that Kezi (in my head I say Kenzi) is saved from a snake, her mother gets sick, she becomes the victim of her fathers horrible oath and she's to be killed by a priests knife. Also, she falls in love first with Elon, who turns out to be horrible and then Olus, who saves her and lovers her just as much. However, she is given only a month to live and in that month she must either become immortal-or die at the end of it. Because an oath to Admat must be kept, or the next generations of her family will be horrible and cursed. This is as far as I've gotten, but it's such a good book that I stayed up last night till 1:05am reading it. I just couldn't put it down! I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Greek myths and romance. Oh and this book does have kissing scenes just so you know.
I haven't found out the ending yet, so get it and read along with me!
Love,
Luv
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: I'm replying!   Currently Reading: Ever EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:14 pm

I really wanted to read that, but my twin sister got the book and wouldn't let me read it! The naughty, nasty girl! It does sound like an awesome book so far, though. I wish I could read along with you, but my twin sister got the only copy! Mad Update it alot, 'kay?
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading: Ever   Currently Reading: Ever EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Sure, okay, I'll try! And I'm your twin, you know! It's not my fault you didn't get it since you knew about it before me!
I love you,
Luv
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28903

PostSubject: I'm replying!(again)   Currently Reading: Ever EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:31 am

I just finished reading this book at about 1:00am, 1:05, something like that. It is such anawesome book. The Kezi and Olous would be willing to risk anything for each other, and it just proves that fairytale love does exist, you just have to look for it. NikkiSwifts' humour is ' The heart is the strongest muscle in the human body. Then why does it break so easily? Beacuse we give it away so cheaply' or something around those lines, and i really think that's true. Anyway, it;s a BEAST book. Everybody, go out and read it. You can thank us later.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading: Ever   Currently Reading: Ever EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:35 pm

I finished it too, a few days ago! What an amazing book. Kezi goes to Wadiar (the underworld I guess you would say) and becomes a heroine, the second mortal to do so. Olus becomes a champion and they face a test on Enshi Rock. I'm not going to tell you if she becomes immortal or not, because that'll take it all away. But she does return to Hyte to be sacrificed, but changes the rules forever. It is AWESOME. If you like magic and love, read this book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading: Ever   Currently Reading: Ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Currently Reading: Ever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: Books-
Jump to: