Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Ghosts Real?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28184

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Yesterday, I began and finished a book called All The Lovely Bad Ones for my summer reading. It was all about ghosts and how they can't fall back asleep now that they have been awoken. So are ghosts really real? I honestly think the answer to this question is no. But then again, yes. Somewhere in the Bible it says that a witch summoned Samuel's spirit to talk to Saul. But otherwise, I don't think they wander around on the earth. Please share your opinions if you wish.
~Nikki
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29057

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:59 pm

I believe they might be real. Although I don't think everyone is a ghost, some people who may have unfinished business may stay behind. One's opinion on this matter differs, though, usually according to their religion. Some people, such as the Hindu, believe in reincarnation rather than ghosts. The Shinto believe everything has a soul, even rocks and other inanimate things. I think the Buddhists believe that suffering leads to happiness, and by living simply and generously one may achieve Nirvana, the ultimate state of peace and happiness.
We Christians, on the other hand...don't believe in any of that. I s'pose I'm just really open to all those things regardless, though...

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
love21
Novice
Novice
love21

WL Points : 25858
Location : schoool is A TO THE M TO THE A TO THE Z TO THE I TO THE N TO THE G

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:49 am

well i think it was made up like vampire and that stufff!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29057

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Well, even vampires are based on some truth. Dracula in particular was based on an extremely evil king who went around slaughtering people whenever he felt like it. Vampires, however, are much more mythical than ghosts, which are a purely spiritual phenomenon. In fact, they're often thought of as earth-bound spirits rather than ghosts. The very term "ghosts" seems more like a derogatory term to me, because the second you bring it up people get skeptical.

Love, even things that are "made-up" as you so eloquently put it, have some truth to them. The key is to ehaust every possibility before coming to a conclusion.

~Tobi~

We are aware of Heaven and Hell being spiritual places, whereas the Earth is more of a middle-ground. Perhaps spirits can become Earth-bound if they are destined for neither place.
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28918

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:05 pm

I don't think ghosts are real. Do you know the reference to the summoning of a spirit story? That might help you know if it's really real. Hope this helped!
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 25051
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Nikki, I also read All the Lovely Bad Ones and even though I am Christian I do believe in ghosts! I have seen raw ghost footage on the internet before. It is scary stuff! Shocked So I say all myths and legends have some truth in them, and this is a myth or legend. YES, I do beleive ghosts are real!

~Giraffe22~
~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are Ghosts Real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Ghosts Real?   Are Ghosts Real? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are Ghosts Real?
Page 1 of 1