Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion

Go down 
+3
Rachelle41
giraffe22
AbbeyRoad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23561

Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

When we got back from end of term break at my school, there was a rumour spreading, which I quickkly found out was true. A girl, Hannah, was pregnant at 16 from her boyfriend, Gavin, also 16. She's not sure whether she wants to birth the child or have an abortion, and although I don't know her, she asked for my advice. That got me thinking about how many teenagers get pregnant every year, and how many actually give birth to the child? And if they do give birth, how many are out in orphanges and foster homes, how many are raised by there parents, and how many actually grow up and become successful people? Let me know what you have to say about the subject. Is abortion wrong in every case, or just in certain situations? What do you think about the rise in teen pregnancy and abortion? And what do you think of teens trying to raise a child? Respond with your unaltered opinion.
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 24951
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:01 pm

If I got pregnant as a teen, I would only have abortion if needed. Like, if I were going to a really great college, I would do abortion. I feel very ashamed in the generation of teenagers that think losing your innocence is okay. I mean, I want to keep mine for as long as I can, not just throw it out the window like a piece of trash. Unless your family supports you well during and after the pregnancy, your child is not going to grow up to be succesfull.

Teens should have to worry about fitting in and doing good in school, not having a child at home. Probably most children go into foster homes or are adopted by more capable famillies.

But the question is.. Did your friend lose it willingly? I bet she did, but if she did not, abort the baby.

This is just my view and it is not meant to influence anyone elses'. So does anyone else have the same vibe that I do?

This is all up to your friend to decide.

~Susie
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28818

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Personally, I think abortion is wrong, no matter what. Unless it is harmful to the mother or child, like if the mother has deadly cancer that could kill her before the baby is born, or something like that, it's wrong. And even in a situation like that, it's still killing an innocent life. They can't fight for themselves, and I think it's wrong that abortion is even legal. I want to be a virgin on my wedding night, so I would never just throw it away, and it's horrible that teens do. If you get pregnant and you can't provide for the child, I would try to arrange an adoption with friends or extended family, or go to an adoption website, not just leave it at an orphanage. I hope your friend doesn't abort the baby. Give her my good luck.
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28957

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 pm

If someone believes they can abort their unborn child and feel no regrets about it later, then that's their decision. Some people feel it's wrong to kill a child that hasn't had a chance to live, and others feel that aborting the child is better than having it grow up in a wretched environment. And I reeeally hate to bring this up, but if Hitler's mother had gotten an abortion, well, the world would be a very different place (probably for the better). And that aside, I think even more people would have abortions if they were illegal, as that's how things usually go. Teens are increasingly impregnated because they place no value on their own bodies. Teens cannot raise children properly; teens cannot prevent STD's; teens should not be having sexual intercourse. Unfortunately, teens are idiots, so when they're told something, they simply have to do the complete opposite.
It's a persons own decision, based on their beliefs and views.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28818

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:12 pm

As Tobi said, most teens are idiots. We also need to work on the sex-education at our schools. They teach us "don't have sex, don't have sex" but teens will still do it anyway, so why not they teach them about contrasecptives? I feel for your friend, it must be hard. It's going to be even harder telling her boyfriend and parents. Life is only going to get harder, though. But maybe she can try to find a few things to be happy about, I know a girl, she's 16 and has a 4 month old, and even though it's hard, she thinks he's a gift from God. Maybe that can help.
Back to top Go down
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23561

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 am

I don't really know Hannah that well, but I have told her all of your good wishes. She's leaning toward aborting the baby. To Gira, yes, she lost it with her boyfriend. I've tried to be supportive, and have told her that adoption would be a good course of action, but she doesn't want to carry a baby in her for nine months and then give it up. And in 9 months, she'll be applying to start a new school, as Canbury is a school for 11-16 year olds. If she has a child, most high-grade schools won't let her in. Even if she was pregnant and gave the baby up, it'll be in your medical history. If she aborts the baby somewhere illegal, it will never show up. I've prayed for her, and she's slightly comforted by the notion that, even across the ocean, people care about a stranger. So this is a thanks from her.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31579

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 pm

If its not too late, to stick my opinion in, here it is. I agree with Chelle, abortion is wrong. It might be that teenagers think they can just get an abortion or pregnancy won't happen to them and thats why they have sex. Its irresponsible and dumb-if you're gonna have sex as a tennager, as least use protection (the right way). Have you ever noticed that in some teen movies, they act like having sex or the loss of someones virginity doesn't mean anything? Or that adult who aren't married are frowned upon for still be virgins? Or that in college, the people who tell others that they're virgins are constantly made fun of and teased for it? Our society is basicly screaming to teens and adults-virginity doesn't matter, because no one cares anymore. It's horrid. Someone needs to stand up. And maybe it'll have to be us-a group of online teenagers who see the problem in our friends and classmates and are willing to fix/help with it.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129668
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Guess who's back?

Okay, so, first off, to those of you talking about how wrong sex is and virginity and stuff, that's not what this is about. I'm pretty sure most of us can agree that teenage sex is definitely not a good thing.
But this is about a lost 16 year old girl who doesn't know what to do with a child. The thing is, this girl simply cannot handle this baby. Sixteen year olds are not developed enough to handle he stresses of Pregnancy and delivery. Regardless of how innocent this child may be, it would ruin her life, maybe kill her and the baby. The kid might be unsuccessful, which is very likely, so if it were me, I would abort. I'd rather save at least one life and future than risk two.
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Sara-Alysse13666
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
Sara-Alysse13666

WL Points : 26396

PostSubject: NEEDED CONVO!   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 pm

It all really depends... if the person sees that they cannot have a child or want to go through with the pregancy they have the choice of getting an abortion... But if you didn't want to have a kid in the first place you should of been more careful!!!! I , personally, am saving myself... but there are some people who like to have intercourse and have it alot... if you are one of those people, you should be able to take steps to prepare yourself or to make sure that you dont get pregnant!!!

Anyhow...I am very uneasy when this matter is taken to publeic when children are around... i was at a breast cancer benifet and i had to "talk" to some high hippies ( yes, they were high I could tell...) and ask them do you really think small children need to see this??? or would you like me to as that police officer to give you a drug test??
outta there fast.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion   Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion Empty

Back to top Go down

Teenage Pregnancy and Abortion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: The Debate Place-
Jump to: