Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9/11 A Decade Later

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AbbeyRoad
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
AbbeyRoad

WL Points : 23451

9/11 A Decade Later Empty
PostSubject: 9/11 A Decade Later   9/11 A Decade Later EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:42 pm

I might be British, but I know that 11 September is a big deal. I just have a few questions. Does anyone here remember that day, and if you do, what's your story? How has it affected all of you lives since then, and what is it like now, a decade later? What do you, the American people, think about this anniversary. I thought all the memorials on the telly have been beautiful, that the memorial at Ground Zero was wonderful, the relfection pools on the footprints, the trees, the bronze engraved with names. But what do you think? I wasn't alive the last time my country was attacked, although with the riots I have a small idea. But I want to know about you. So, post what you know. Thank you. And thank you to the troops who are fighting for us.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28708

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 A Decade Later   9/11 A Decade Later EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I was four, and my Dad called my Mom from work, saying the Twin Towers had been hit. She couldn't believe it, and that's a theme you'll find amoung the American people-disbelief. So she turned on the news, and sure enough, it was blazing across every news channel ever. I can remember watching it, watching two towers burning, but I didn't actually comprehend what was going on. As we grew up, we learned more and more, through the moments of silence taken every year on September 11th, or as close to it as possible, through the anniverary memorials on tv and our parents stories. The American people were wounded, and, as Bush said 10 years ago, we shall win this war on terror. Osama bin Laden is dead, and that's another step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
H.G_Peeta
Novice
Novice
H.G_Peeta

WL Points : 23169

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 A Decade Later   9/11 A Decade Later EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

i don't remember much really, but I can picture watching a tower fall while looking at a TV. I don't know if I just made it up or can actually remember it though. I've looked at things on YouTube. Bone chilling, you get goose bumps all down your arms and you have to tell yourself 'this isn't part of a movie, it really happened' and it makes your heart flip over.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28708

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 A Decade Later   9/11 A Decade Later EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm the same way, I think I remember it, but I'm not sure. So I tell everyone I remember, or else the story gets too long. This last weekend was kinda depresing for me, because I was watching all sorts of 9/11 documentaries. It was chilling, as you said, and horrible to watch. Bu the terrorists gave the people working at the WTC a choice-jump or burn. Watching the people who chose to jump is awful. And the people on the ground didn't know they were bodies at first. There was lady, you could probably find her on YouTube, who was talking, and she said, "At first we though it was debris falling, and then we realized they were people-people jumping from the buildings." I couldn't imagine having to make that type of choice-do I want to suffocate and burn to death, or do I want to jump God-only-knows-how-many stories from a burning building and die when I hit the pavement? It's a choice I'm grateful I don't have to make. But I'm a little bit mad at the FBI, because there had been people in the CIA who said, "We should watch these guys. we think somethings going on." But the FBI refused to listen, and 9/11 could have been prevented had they given them information. We should take this to The Debate Place.
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9/11 A Decade Later   9/11 A Decade Later Empty

Back to top Go down

9/11 A Decade Later
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: