Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Epic Journey Continues...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28847

The Epic Journey Continues... Empty
PostSubject: The Epic Journey Continues...   The Epic Journey Continues... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Despite many, many troubles, the movie production of "The Hobbit" is apparently underway. I have read all of the books EXCEPT this one, so I suppose I'll have to read it before I watch the movie...I just don't know how I'll like Bilbo as the main character. After reading the production news, however, I'm still quite excited. Following the apparent new trend, it will be a two-part film...I wonder if the book is really that long? Ah, well. I hope we get to see some "younger" Frodo! Apparently, in the books J.R.R. Tolkien intended Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin to be children at the time of Bilbo's birthday (by hobbit standards, anyway)...

For those of you who haven't yet realized, I am referring to the "Lord of the Rings" series; I don't wish to make comparisons, but as the end of Harry Potter dawns, there is yet one last story to be theatrically explored for this series. I've recently renewed my fandom for this series, mainly due to the showing of "The Fellowship of the Ring" on TV...Though I doubt there are any of you that haven't at least heard of this series, I've come to advertise it!

First: The Fellowship of the Ring

In ancient times the Rings of Power were crafted by the Elven-smiths, and Sauron, the Dark Lord, forged the One Ring, filling it with his own power so that he could rule all others. But the One Ring was taken from him, and though he sought it throughout Middle-Earth still it remained lost to him. After many ages it fell, by chance, into the hands of the Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. On his eleventy-first birthday, Bilbo disappeared, bequeathing to his young nephew, Frodo, the Ruling Ring, and a perilous quest: to journey across Middle-Earth, deep into the shadow of the Dark Lord and destroy the Ring by casting it into the Mountain of Doom.

XD...I borrowed this summary, but it's fairly decent, right? Read it! Watch it! If only for the beauty of Frodo and the hair of Legolas!

Second: The Two Towers

The Fellowship has been broken. Boromir is dead, Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee have gone to Mordor alone to destroy the One Ring, Merry and Pippin have been captured by the Uruk-hai, and Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli have made friends of the Rohan, a race of humans that are in the path of the upcoming war, led by its aging king, Théoden. The two towers between Mordor and Isengard, Barad-dúr and Orthanc, have united in their lust for destruction. The corrupt wizard Saruman, under the power of the Dark Lord Sauron, and his slimy assistant, Gríma Wormtongue, have created a grand Uruk-hai army bent on the destruction of Man and Middle-earth. The rebellion against Sauron is building up and will be led by Gandalf the White, who was thought to be dead after the Balrog captured him. One of the Ring's original bearers, the creature Gollum, has tracked Frodo and Sam down in search of his 'precious', but is captured by the Hobbits and used as a way to lead them to Mt. Doom. The War of the Ring has now begun...

Oooh, this is a good one...

Third: The Return of the King

Gondor is overrun by the orcs of Mordor, and Gandalf rides to Minas Tirith to aid the humans in the war that is ahead. Aragorn must realize his true identity and purpose as the King of Men, and journey with Gimli and Legolas to summon the Army of the Dead so that the battle against evil can be won. Meanwhile, paranoia and suspicion rises between Frodo, Sam and Gollum as they continue their increasingly dark and dangerous travel to Mount Doom, the one place where The Ring can be destroyed once and for all

Keepin' it short and sweet...Or trying. And probably failing.

Waaay Before: The Hobbit

From what I gather (the only summary's I'm finding are ridiculously long): Gandalf tricks Bilbo into going after a dragon's treasure with a group of dwarves. Then there's a journey involving dragons, goblins, The Ring, and Gollum...Those other people are a lot better at summaries, eh? XD

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com

The Epic Journey Continues...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: Books-
Jump to: