Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Secret Smiles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

WL Points : 26675

Secret Smiles Empty
PostSubject: Secret Smiles   Secret Smiles EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:39 pm

"Look at this disgusting place!" complained Sam. Over 200 eyes where following her limo down the bus lane. "Why must I go to this disgusting school? Everyone knows the movie stars get their own special tudors!" Even if they don't teach them anything she thought.

"Sam, love. You know that this is for your own good. You must be as normal as possible, it's good for publicity"droned Kathy, Sam's agent, without looking up from her Blackberry.

Sam slumped in her seat and pulled her Vera Wang sunglasses over her eyes. Kathy had been her agent since she was three. There was no arguing with her. "Fine. Whatever. Just tell Miley not to start tonight's party without me." growled Sam before stepping out of the limo, sleek black hair hiding her face from the flashing cameras, screaming reporters, and now, middle schoolers. Her new classmates. Here we go again.

flower

Sam Bellezza ad been sent to over 10 public schools throughout California, not that she remembered any of them. They all sort of blend together after a while. She didn't know why Kathy put her through it, she could make "friends" without going to school with a bunch of WalMart shopping wanna be's. Sam had been discovered in a foster home in Fresno, California as just a toddler. Apparently she was "perfect model material," so she starred in an Oreo commercial, and it all shot off from there! No suprise her last name is "Beauty" in Italian!

A millionaire at 13. Not bad for some foster kid with nothing but some kick butt genes to her name! thought Sam. So why the HECK am I sitting in Pre-Algebra class with these... these... They shop at TARGET for goodness sake! I don't diserve this.

Suddenly, something caught her eye. Wow. That boy could give Robert Pattinson a run for his money! A tall, and relatively buff boy had walked into the room. His spikey hair was the same color black as Sam's. At least I will have one nice thing to look at here! As he sat down in the desk right next to her's, he gave Sam a quick smile and wink before saying, "Hey. So you are Sam Lox, huh? You are the talk of the entire school right now, girl." Sam caught the flirtacious tone he was giving off and replied, "I'm not suprised. I AM the biggest thing to happen to this town since, what? Its CREATION? So, what's your name, mystery boy?"

"William."
"Nice to meet you, William." Very nice A loud bell rang signaling the end of their little chat, and the beginning of a VERY long day.

flower

This place had turned out to be what Sam would call “The Devil’s Playground” because, once you get past the adoring fans and hot boy, you can totally see the grimy muck people, the ones that look, act, and even smell like something you scraped off the bottom of your shoe. And, according to Sam, there were three different names for these misfit toys of middle school, GOTHS, NERDS, and TEACHERS’S PETS. These three groups and their many subgroups combine to make a whole, terrifying population of UNPOPULARS.

Fortunately, Sam had her horde of starstruck jocks and cheerleaders to shoo them away if they happen to get to close.

But where oh where could my William be? Thought Sam slyly. She hadn’t seen him once throughout the entire lunch break.

Then, like a slap to the face, she saw him. Sitting with his friends. At. The. NERD. Table. Sam’s mind raced. What in the world could HE be doing over THERE?! She wondered franticly. Did I SERIOUSLY bond with a… a… NERD? Trying to keep what little composure she had left, she slowly raised from the table packed with her herd of wanna-be's.

"I have to go to the-" before Sam had even finished her statement EVERYONE at the table stood. "-bathroom... ALONE." Slowly leaving the popular section of the cafeteria and getting to the exit proved to be a problem for Sam, William saw her. He immediately stood and yelled, "YO, SAM! Over here!"

Sam hit an invisible wall of embarassment an FROZE. OMG. He called to me. What do I do? She looked back at all the jocks and cheerleaders who had been fawning over her just moments ago. They stared at her with a glazed look. Jaws open. Not really knowing what to think. Could THE Sam Bellezza really be buds with HIM?

Aw. Poopie thought Sam as she smiled and walked toward William. I suppose this sinking feeling is my popularity. Going staight down the drain!

Last edited by grace1096 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding a little twist!)
Back to top Go down
TheNewHero
Instructor
Instructor
TheNewHero

WL Points : 27122

Secret Smiles Empty
PostSubject: Nice!!   Secret Smiles EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:04 pm

It's really been a while since I've had a very honest beginning like this. I'm looking forward to reading this and I think the kids in one of my junior classes could read this (provided you write it as I'm guessing you might). Anyway, there are two nit-picks:

Quote :
Why must I go to this wretched school?
I know it sounds just about right but I might change it. How old is your protonagist and how much TV does she watch. Not many people say wreched but maybe it can slide in the case of this book...
Quote :

You must be as normal as possible, while still keeping your glamorous status
Once again, rather cliche. Unless you actually are writing for under ten year olds (Which I hope you are because it had that kind of potential) this is a rather cliche sentence. In other words... why? Why should she remain normal? Why can't she just have private tutours, sing all the day long and meet with her other tween friends? Soemthing to think about.

Otherwise I really loved this. Please PM me with more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129758
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

Secret Smiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Smiles   Secret Smiles EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 am

Hi, Grace! There were a few things I noticed here. The first thing is that her name went from Sam Bellezza, to Sam Lox, then back to Sam Bellezza. I also noticed how Sam's thoughts are just a bit oldfashioned. Where oh where could William be? That made me laugh Very Happy
I like how you put a nice twist on the story! However, it seems a little cliche. I mean, a LOT of people have probably written stories like this, so I suggest you give it even MORE of a twist to it. Like the nerd being a rockstar in disguise, like Miley, or being a werewold or a vampire or something like Twilight. But who am I to take control of a piece of work with potential? Do it however you like, and I can't WAIT to see the results Smile

Cheez elephant
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31669

Secret Smiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Smiles   Secret Smiles EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:06 pm

I like it. Rather than switching last names, it's pretty good. But is Sam still in foster care? Or does she have a new set of awesome, millionair parents?Or does she live with her agent? I like the last name too. The Bellezza one. Is that how you spell it? Hope so. You should have her switch schools again, forced to leave poor William behind and she's so fed up with being popular and cool and all that she changes her name to Belle or Bella. Bella is actually an Italian name. Just like her last name. And her new last name could be Samuels, like her old first name, but not completely the same thing. But you don't have to do it. Like I said before, it's pretty good now. Have fun finishing it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Secret Smiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret Smiles   Secret Smiles Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret Smiles
Page 1 of 1