Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australian Flood Hero

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28847

Australian Flood Hero Empty
PostSubject: Australian Flood Hero   Australian Flood Hero EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 pm

THIS IS FREAKING DEPRESSING. READ IT AND WEEP.

"Jordan Rice, a 13-year-old Australian boy, has emerged as a tragic-heroic figure in news accounts of the disastrous Australian floods, after he asked a rescuer to save his little brother, Blake, before himself. Jordan Rice and his mother, Donna, were swept away by floodwaters and drowned before rescuer Warren McErlean could return for them.
Jordan's father, John Tyson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle Jordan could not swim and was terrified of water.
"I can only imagine what was going on inside to give up his life to save his brother, even though he was petrified of water," he said. "He is our little hero."
Tyson told the paper his longtime partner, Donna Rice, was driving with two of her young sons in tire-level water when her engine stopped. She called for help and the three of them got on the roof of the car as the floodwaters rose quickly. Bystanders were not offering help until McErlean tied a rope around himself and went after them.
A wave of water was coming fast when McErlean reached them with the rope. "Save my brother first," Jordan said, according to McErlean.

Jordan and his mother were swept away, and only 10-year-old Blake survived."

. . .I don't really know what else to say. . .May he rest in peace.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28708

Australian Flood Hero Empty
PostSubject: Re: Australian Flood Hero   Australian Flood Hero EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Wow. I'm speechless. You can only imagine what he was thinking, what voice inside of him told him to savee his brother before him. That takes so much love and self sacrifice, some adults can't even do that, and yet he, a 13 year old boy, did. He was scared, petrified, but he loved his brother more than he loved himself, so he chose his brothers life above his own. Sad, tragic, yet amazingly heroic. A moment of silence for Joran.

He will never ben forgotten, especially by his very much loved younger brother, Blake.
-Rachelle41
Back to top Go down

Australian Flood Hero
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: