Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*

Go down 
+3
giraffe22
cheez_burger
Arrow
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28298

Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 am

Vern~~~~

My face is the picture of confusion as I watch Fawn shift back to a deer. I wanted to call to her come back- because I was hungry and I wanted to hunt, but alas, she was already gone. It was good for me though, trying to deny that side of me. Recently my emotions had ruled my actions and that was not acceptable for a leader.

We had come to a clearing

" Cains, We can rest for a while," I say plainly and I get may thankful murmurs and licks to the sides of mouths (a sign of thanks and respect from the wolves).

I travel to the back of the group and stare into the eyes of the 8 newbies. Each having their own reaction to my Iron hard gaze, I softened it and let my excitement shine in my eyes.
"Have y'all changed yet? I asked honestly unsure. Fawn had been very quiet recently and felt I was running this tribe alone. Tribe..... hmm, sounded right.
All of them answered me with questionable looks.

I sighed, "Maybe later then," I said, and when so of them had hurt faces, I quickly explained, " I need to hunt first."
I turned away quickly, and ran into the woods as the change consumed me like a tsunami. Soon I was a tiger, my ind focused on my rumbling stomach.... I sniffed, and a growl rumbled around in my throat. Deer. I stepped over twigs and pressed around lightly, masking my presence.

I see the deer, and it's freckled butt. My mouth watered considerably and My claws silently sheathed and unsheathed in anticipation. I leap, claws unsheathed. I growled in hunger. The deer immediately looks up and it took off at a speed abnormal for a deer, but still I pushed the thought away, but still it ran, top speed into the awaiting trees. The deer was quick for its young age and I pounce catching its thigh with my claws They tore flesh from the deer, I hissed with displeasure. this was not as quick as I wanted. I leaped, hooking my claws in this time, and all of them found purchase. All my extra weight pushed it to the group and I quick gripped its neck with my teeth as I wondered how a fawn could out run me. Fawn.
The deer's head fell from my mouth and it shook out with protest. I jumped away, a wail threatening to burst from me. I had almost killed my Beta, my best friend, and my confidant. I backed away as the deep purple eyes of Fawn stared at me. I let the wail pour from my throat and true anguish leaked into the cry of the tiger.
Then I ran from Fawn, racing farther than far. Away was all I wanted to be. So far...... and so I was gone
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

WL Points : 24841
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm

I woke up from my dream that had turned into a nightmare halfway through it. Soon enough my pet Chow, with his blearily awake eyes had walked over to me. I pet his thick coat of black fur, because he loves when people, especially me do that. Today I would be 16 and completely free to do what I wanted. But this was no ordinary birthday for me. I had to choose Cains or Ventis' on this very special day. I hopped out of bed in anticipation of the day to come.

I went to the bathroom and saw just how pale I was. I did this every morning, and I noticed everyday I seemed to get more and more paler. I usually put my hair up in a ponytail everyday, but this day I put it up in a braid. I was not even hungry oddly. I had a habit after a nightmare to eat lots of food. But if there was anxiety in the air, no food for me.

After my usual breakfast, I had cut myself when cleaning up my food. I raised my right hand and, I spit two words past my teeth onto my finger where I had cut it "Waíse heill!". My skin flew together but I got a sudden drain on my stamina. Reason 1 why I do not like my powers. Reason 1 I like them is the phrase is easy to remember to heal my (or other peoples') wounds. No matter how serious. This saved my father from death and my friends from dying many times.

Last edited by giraffe22 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dang. I just found out I was spelling healing words wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28847

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 pm

~That Night~ ~Remiel~

"That...That lying, thieving, idiotic, bastard! I'm going to kill him, him and that stupid girl!" I fumed, pacing about my tent. Igor had returned, slightly ruffled, shortly before I had. Something had compelled me to follow the girl, so I'd had to shift and fly back as fast as I could. Even then, I couldn't quite make it in time. "Of course, I hate his guts, but I still trusted him, as a Venti, to have some kind of honor. This is...This is outrageous!" I slammed my fist onto the wooden table that served as a centerpiece for the small space, my anger boiling over. Then I took several deep breaths, attempting to regain control before I shifted again.

As I did so, my most free-spirited feline (a Sokoke) strolled into the tent, looking rather pleased with himself. "What do you want, Romano?" I spat. Last I'd seen of him, he was celebrating the spring season with some lady cats.

His light amber eyes were quite smug...And it soon became apparent as to why. "Oh, Romano! You're a genius!" I gushed, lifting the cat into the air and swinging him around. I had to put him down almost instantly because he began to claw me, but nevertheless, I was struck by inspiration.
"Perfect...Ivan, go fetch Igor."

The Russian Blue, usually so swift in fufilling my commands, was rather slow. By the time he returned, Igor in tow, Alfred had already finished another fight with Arthur, and Romano had managed to sneak away yet again.

"You summoned me?" Igor asked, his previous agitation gone. Well, that was no fun.

"Yes, yes I did. You see, I've had a marvelous revelation..." An indignant mew sounded from outside the tent; mostly likely Romano claiming ownership of the idea. Too bad for him, Igor couldn't communicate with cats. "We need that Cain girl as an information source. I want you to seduce her and get all the secrets you can out of her."

Contrary to my expectations, there was no look of shock or anger on his face. It was entirely blank, and if it hadn't been for the slight clenching of his fists, I would've thoughthe was unaffected by the order. "Why should I?" he asked, his voice surprisingly steady.

"You don't have a choice," I replied cheerily. Well, he sort of did have a choice; my charm wasn't all that effective on alphas. But hey, he didn't know that, and he most definitely didn't need to know that.

Once again shocking me half out of my wits, he nodded in assent before walking off to his own tent.
"And they say dreams don't come true," I murmured, feeling more than a little smug as I flopped onto my air mattress. Moments later, just as I was falling into the land of dreams, a series of loud exclaimations sounded from my tent. "OW! ALFIE, NO!! BAD, ALFIE!! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, STUPID CAT!!!"
Ahem. Well, goodnight anyway.

~Tobi~
~A tad shorter than usual, but it got the point across, and I tried to leave room for interpretation. Also, it's sort of a habit of mine to get carried away, I s'pose...~
~Remiel and I love Alfie, we really do, but sometimes he's too pesky for his own good. I'm debating whether or not he'll live through this SB.~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28708

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 pm

How? how could he possibly summon me and ask me to seduce Fawn? He had seen the look she gave me before the battle, the blush. He wanted me to use an innocent girl for information. Disgusting, stupid, worthless animal. That's all he was, an animal that was out of his place.

Now what was I supposed to do? Seduce her, get her secrets, and leave her for nothing? Or honestly try to have a relationship and act like she didn't like me and I was trying? Wait, why not a little of both? I could turn up the charm, get her secrets, but slowly, so that I had a reason to stay around her. This way, I could get what Remiel wanted, and get what I wanted. However, the idea of even partially using Fawn for something like this, it was horrifying! She was an innocent girl who was in love, who only wanted to follow her heart and try to make this work. That's it, I couldn't do it. Even if Remiel killed me, I wouldn't use her.

But, if he did kill me, then Fawn would be unprotected, and left alone, wondering what happened to me, and at the mercy of that disgusting animal. I was at an inner battle with myself. Still, I knew I wanted to see her again, but I couldn't without bringing back something to Remiel. I couldn't lie, he would figure it out too quickly. I would just have to get her secrets out slowly, making sure too let her know some of my personal ones to make up for it, if I could.

Why was I even allowing myself to be controlled by that worthless piece of fur? I could just say no. But he might figure out something if I said that. He knew I would swoop in whenever women were involved, insisting I take over, and he understood it was a place where I had expertese. If I denied it, he would know something was up, because I never turned down an offer to have power. This meant my hands were bound, and I had to do what he asked. I could almost see him smirking in my head, filled with glee that he had gotten what he wanted. I snorted, disgusted by his face invading my thoughts. Life had never been fair, but now it was even more so.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129558
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 pm

~Fawn~

I loped away from Vern, panting, my tongue hanging out. I finally sat down and coughed. My neck fur was soaked with blood. I convulsed and barfed my guts up behind a nearby bush, then dragged myself away and changed into human form. I curled in a tight ball and shivered. This was horrible. I felt so pathetic. Why didn't I change into a griffin or a dragon? I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, and twisted my head back to see Igor standing there, his finger to his lips. I thumped my head back down on the layer of dried leaves, sighing.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered.
"You're in Venti territory. This is where we are sleeping for tonight." I nodded, and involuntarily shifted back into a deer.
"Shh," He murmured, as I began coughing again. "Hold still."
I reluctantly obeyed as he dug a bandage out of one of his pockets. He put his hand on my bloodied neck, and proceeded to wrap the bandage around it. I eventually relaxed and closed my eyes as an unusually heavy drowsiness overcame me. The last thing I felt before I drifted off was Igor wrapping his arms around me, careful to avoid my hooves, picked me up, and carried me deeper into the Venti territory.

~Cheez~
~~NO! She is NOT going to be raped! Get your mind out of the gutter!
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Vern had still not come back from hunting. I was actually quite worried about her safety. I said to the other Cains' that were there to wait for me to return. So I started to run in the direction Vern went. I ignored other peoples' yells to turn back to the place we were resting.

I went about 3 miles through the forest without stopping and felt a little flutter in my stomach. I stopped for a moment. Not a hunger flutter as one might expect but a nervous flutter. I had a connection to the rest of the members of the Cains' so it could be anybody in the group. "No." I thought. It was actually my nervousness. I knew this feeling. I had it happen when I turned 16 before I cut myself. I was coming up upon a injury! I started to run again, and about a half mile down the trail I came across a pool of blood. So I continued down the trail to a clearing.

'This is not familliar land' I thought. The word popped in my head without any warning.

Venti!

I wanted to scream, because I was a Cain. So I did. I imediattely put my hands over my mouth. All of the Ventis' had come out seconds after my scream with weapons ready. I tired to remember if I had any weapons experience. My right hand! Yes, I could shoot spears of energy to disarm these guys. I just needed to raise my right hand and I could defeat these guys. I raised my right hand and said "Kodthr!" to the Venti closest to me. His weapon flew into my hand. But about 90% of my energy was taken from me. At that amount I would faint without a doubt. I fell to the ground and started to lose conciousness. I could not raise my head, because it felt like 100 pounds. The last things I saw was Igor coming out of nowhere with a surprised expression on his face.

Then darkness.

~Nothing bad is going to happen to her!
~This may be a little bit ahead but I had it planned in my head and I had to write it.
~Translations= Kodthr=Catch~

Last edited by giraffe22 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

As soon as I smelled blood, I knew it was Fawn. I quickly changed back into my human form, walking toward the scent, hoping she wasn't dead, praying I could help, and yet feeling unlucky because now that we would meet again, I would need a scrap of a secret. I came accros her in the form of a deer, and I knew now how she got her name. This was not an a ordaniry animal, anyone could tell that. She had freckles, and the prettiest eyes ever. My observation of her beauty stopped when I saw the blood oozing from a deep bite in her neck. A bite. Someone had had the nerve to try to harm this lovely, innocent creature? I knew she needed help, but what could I do? I put my hands in my pocket in frustration, feeling the roll of gauze that I had stuck in there since the fight, in caseI was hurt. Gauze! I could help her now!

I went over to here fragile form, which had changed into a human before my eyes, and she was just so awful looking. I went over to her, quietly, putting a hand on her shoulder. She twisted her head around, and before she could say anything, I held a finger to my lips. If she wasn't silent, someone might hear her. We were much too close to the border and guards were on patrol all day and all night. She sighed, thumping her head back on the dried leaves, clearly in much pain.

"What are you doing here?" Her gentle voice was a whisper, dripping with the pain and agony she felt. I hated to see her so broken.

"You're in Venti territory. This is where we are sleeping tonight." She nodded miserably, shifting back into a deer. Even then, she looked so tired and drained.

She began coughing, much too loudly. "Shh. Hold still." I dug back in my pocket, found the gauze, and wrapped up the bloody bite. She relaxed under my hands, and her eyes closed heavily, for I knew she was exhausted. I wrapped my arms around her, careful of her hooves, picking her up gently and carried her back toward the camp. I would tell Remiel that I found her, and I could seduce her better if she was under my care, trusting me to make her feel better. It sounded like a good enough excuse for him.

~At the camp

Fawn had switched back to her human form in her sleep. I contiued to carry her, and we were very close to the camp now. I began entering the camp, and immediaty people came out of their tents, smelling the fresh blood and the scent of the Cains on her. I glared at them, letting them know that this person was mine to keep. Remiel darted out of his elaborate tent, smelling Fawn also.

"You brought a Cain here! You carzy mutt, everyone will kill her!" He was upset, as I knew he'd be.

"Remiel, calm down. She will trust me if she is under my care, won't she not? We need trust from the Cains." I raised my eyebrows, lettiing him know I had though of his plan. He nodded quickly.

"Yes, that would be good. Take her to your tent."

I had already planned on doing so. I set her on my bed, carresed her hair, kissed her forehead, and then left. She wouldn't wake for awhile, and I needed to hunt.

What fawn would do when she woke up, I did not know. I hoped she would be happy, happy that she could spend time with me. Remiels game had begun, though, and wheather she would be happy with that, I knew not.
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:37 am

Vern~~~~
I   Tried to lift my head up but the pain the
streaming across my shoulders deterred me. I was human and my close clothes
Were ripped to shreds and barely covered me.  A cold wind brought shivers up my spine but I could not shift. The energy had  drained from my body because I did not hunt.  Just the word brought up my hunger  and my stomach rumbled in protest.  
How had I gotten here?
The images flashed back to me....
I was running, swiftly and agile-y , making great distance and something tripped me. I  remember hitting a rock and a hard crack...

I shivered at the thought- only that too brought me pain.  I tried to move my legs and yelped in pain.   Then  I heard something ..... Like paw-steps..... A newbie. Her loud romping paws were not silent like and elder Cains might be.  
  The pawsteps  got closer and closer until I heard the loud crunch of human footstep.
"Vern.." the voices said softly. I was right, a newbie.  Amy, I recall. 

"Yes," I croaked out.

"Omygod!" she streched making my ears ring

I hear more paw-steps, and then a male
Voice I didn't recognize.

" What are you doing here?" Amy asked almost angrily.

"I came to help." the smooth male voice flowed over me like water.

"I don't need your help!" Amy insisted.

"Your gonna carry her?" there was silence. And then a sigh- a swish of hand gestures and then a loud mew- had she already gone throughout the change?

Then I heard a grunt as  I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders and rigs.

"Hell of a tree eh?" asked Amy

Then I felt warm arms loft me from the ground and against my week protest- I was carried to camp.

I remember lights- dim and dancing- voices asking "Are you okay?"  wines from other Cains and the growl of my hungry stomach and then.......

Blackness~~~~

I know it's short, but I just had to throw someone that bone...... I can't wait to see whats going on with the Venti- GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:10 am

Galia----

I was snapped at by another Venti, "Get to moving, Bitch!" I wanted to bark
In anger but I couldn't- that would have started a conflict. The change was over- done for me. It was painful- but I wasn't happy to what I had awoken to. Mean, angry vicious glares, being snapped at for no reason, being told I was a hybrid freak, and being told I COULDN'T COOK MY MEAT?!?!? I had grown on me, the hunger, and starvation. Every shift- and now- when I didn't want to shift- I was called a traitor, waste, worthless and lowly, I got no respect. Now, I had to tend to some low butt loser who sided with those idiots who calls themselves Cains. I grabbed the water pot, trudgeding the the mud water and past the make- shift out house ( a hole in the ground) to the medic tent.

I walked in and was greeted by the thick luscious smell of fresh blood.I licked my lips involuntarily but internally chided myself, "Not food." I hurried over to the little girl whose back was toward me and asked through my thick Russian accent. "Are you okay?" the person groaned and turned to look at me. Her eyes hit me with full astonishment and recognition. I almost swore- actually I did, "What the crap?"

I knew this butt- hole. She was the Cain second in command! But her dark purple eyes seemed to out "fancy" by dark gray. I felt I might have been out- glared by this idiot. I usually have the whole "I shank you," glare down but it might have been put to shame.

"Who are you? Where am I?" asked the fragile looking girl.
"Actually I should be asking 'Who are you' and where the hell so you think you are? Paris? Your at the Venti camp."
I glared at her- willing the the gray to shift in my eyes like clouds and lightning streak across the pupil. Shen seemed speechless at the moment and then the weather changed outside. Her eyes widened, before she put on the hard mask of anger on.

"Galia!" I heard the shreak of my name and was immediately forced to the ground by some weird pressure. I whimpered loudly and kept my head close to the floor. "Treat this guest with respect. She worth more than your life," said the harsh commanding tone of my Alpha.

"Of coarse Remiel."

I know it has issues but I'll fix it l8r- I gotta go!
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

I woke up from my stupor with a very sloggish brain, and a tiny amount of energy restored but at least I lived. I could hear a few words of conversations outside the tent I was in.
Cain, two, girls, Igor.......
'Who was Igor' I thoght and cursed my brain for my horrible memory. Igor! He was that guy who saw me right before I passed out! I sat up on the bed I was on. By the suns' position before I lost consiousness, it had been a day or 2.

Then a smooth male voice said to the people outside my tent,"Close your mouths, she is right in there! In fact I am going to check if she was awake yet." Terror coursed throuugh me like a river.

I laid back down and put my head back on the pillow, but did not close my eyes. I wanted whoever it was to see that I was awake. From my semi-acute hearing I heard footsteps coming over to my bed.

Then the same voice said, "How are you doing you Cain?" He said it almost if I were friend to him (which I was most not).

He then saw my open eyes and started to say, "Oh, you are awake."

And I said, "Yeah, is that a problem, Igor?"

Then he said,"No , it is not, me and Fawn were very worried about you." Fawn!

I asked Igor,"Is Fawn really here?"

And next he said,"Yes, and she wants to see you."

'Yes,bring her in' said the good side of my mind, but the logical side of my mind said,

'This could be a trap, Amy.' I took the logical side of my minds' idea instead of the good side. Besides I needed to think about how to escape this place.

I said to Igor,"Maybe in a little while, I have to recover."

"Okay." he said and left the tent.

Now that my brain was less sluggish, I needed to think about how to get out of this horrible place. I could get my strength up and run to the Cains' camp in the middle of the night. Oh darn, I forgot about the gaurds at the border. Or I could stay with the Ventis' and learn all of their plans. Risk getting caught or finding out plans. I chose the first option. I would a couple of days then run at midnight to our camp and find my friends. But, not through the border but the forest. Actually, I would be doing both. By staying here for a couple of days I would learn plans and after my mind was filled with their plans, I would leave at midnight that same day.

I love when my logic comes out into good plans.

~Told you nothing bad would happen to her!
~I love it when my own logic comes out to good plans in real life too.

Last edited by giraffe22 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid dialouge and grammar and spelling problems! From like 2 months ago!)
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 pm

~Fawn~

I awoke from my nap to the smell of fresh blood, and immediately sat up. I rubbed my eyes and looked to my left, finding Igor sitting outside the door, and a dead mouse on the table next to me.
I smiled.
"Whatcha guarding from?" I asked. He jumped, and turned his head toward me.
"Believe me, there's plenty of things here that might try and steal you." He muttered, and cast a nasty glance toward the Alpha's tent. He got up and ducked through the entry.
'It's for you." He motioned to the mouse.
"Right... Um... See, I'm kind of an herbivore." He chuckled and took the mouse.
"Sorry. Want me to get some leaves for you?" He asked. I laughed and nodded.
"Yes, please. It's the thought that counts." He nodded, and left the tent. As he left, he hesitated, turned to me, and gave me a warm, sad smile. I smiled back and he continued out.

~~A few hours Later~~

I was sprawled across the bed, munching on some berries as Igor and I talked.
Just talked.
About anything.
"So," He said, after I told him about my home and my first shift. "How about that Vern?"
I frowned.
"The one who almost bit my head off?"
"Yeah, that one."
"Well," I sat up, thinking. "She sometimes makes snap decisions, which is a tad irresponsible. Sometimes her head is just off in the clouds and she doesn't pay attention." I trailed off, frowning.
He immediately changed the subject.
"So, what do you think about all those cotton commercials on TV? I mean, who's not on board with cotton?" <-- Sorry, I couldn't resist. Those of you who watched the Ellen DeGenerus show last night will understand.
Anyway. Back to the story.
"Hey, Fawn? I was wondering--"
"IGOR!" Remeil's angry voice came from outside the tent, and Igor sghed and rolled his eyes.
"Be right back." He whispered, and left the tent.
"No, no, no. Bring that Fawn charcter out with you!" He flustered. I sighed and stood up, walking confidently out of the tent to meet this crazy Remiel that everyone hated.

:3
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

~Remiel~

"I'm retiring. This is too much for me," I declared, throwing my arms into the air. Arthur, whose company I had not yet banned, gave me a long, rather skeptical look. "What? No! I am not overreacting, I'm just SICK AND TIRED OF CAINS BREAKING INTO MY CAMP!"

"Did you call me, Remiel?" Igor inquired as he stuck his head into my tent.

"NO! GET OUT!" I shouted, flinging a beautifully embroidered pillow at his head. Unfortunately, he was gone before it hit him. This time, it was Ivan - Ivan, of all cats! - who reprimanded me. "I am NOT acting like a teenage girl! I'm never going out there again! EVER!"

"Um, excuse me, but you did say you wanted to see us. As Leader, you should be more decisive," the Cain girl, whose name I couldn't be bothered to recall, said as she waltzed into my tent, Igor in tow...Wasn't he supposed to be seducing her? I didn't bother to reply, even though I was seething on the inside. "Hey! I'm talking to you, Venti!" she snapped, picking up my failure of a pillow and throwing it at my head. Because I was incapitated by despair, I was too sluggish to dodge. Otherwise, my amazing, greatly feared power would've kept that pillow from hitting me in the face.

"Ow! Dammit, woman, show some respect!" I growled. The static from the pillow had been transferred to my hair; I could feel it standing on end. Disgusting. "Yes, well, this is a war, and a war requires hostages, SO! Congrats, you are now my hostage. Get lost before I decide to claw your pretty little face off."

"WHAT?! Why the hell--"

"Oh, Fawn, dearest, doesn't that sound just wonderful?" Igor asked, smoothly cutting off her reply by placing his hand over her mouth. "Yeah, uh-huh, we'll just be off now--" He attempted to leave, but the sudden reappearance of Angel made that particular task impossible.

Angel is a heavenly creature above all others; his beauty shines through the darkest of days. He is the highest tenor and the lowest bass; he is comparable to both Mount Everest and the Mid-Ocean Ridge. To put it simply, he is EPIC. However...His story is a sad one. He was once a normal Venti, but one day, he made the change...And didn't change back. Oh, sweet sorrow, is that tale of--

(Would you cut the sappy monologue?)

"Igor, you're free to leave, I want to have a little alone time with our dearest Cain visitor," I sighed, shooing him away with my hand. After exchanging a concerned glance with the Cain, he took his leave (albeit looking quite reluctant about it; really, he was quite the convincing actor). "Cain girl, there are a few rules you'll need to keep in mind--"

A series of loud shouts from outside my tent prevented further speaking on my part. Before I could rise from my throne and investigate, the dog from the day before came bounding in, putting all of my dear pets on the defensive.

"U-um, sir, we k-kind of have a problem..."

"What is it THIS time?"

"Another C-Cain is here...He says he's here to r-retrieve the others..." I was outside in a flash, brushing my packmates aside in my hurry to reach the entrance. It was about time someone showed those Cains why the packs were seperate. However, the sight that greeted me at the entrance was not one I was expecting. The fellow towered over me, and the mocking look on his face hardly belonged in an enemy's camp. Behind him stood a massive polar bear and a not-so-impressive furry rat thing. This was the Cain representative?

"I've come to take back my comrades," he said calmly, his ridiculously deep voice making me feel like I was back in elementary school.

What the hell?

That's really what I said. "What the hell?"

And then, all hell literally broke loose as a flurry of animals, every shape, size, and breed imaginable, broke into our camp. I didn't immediately shift; the sensory overload of the battle suddenly taking place around me would've been far too much. Instead, I remained in human form, watching them bite and claw at each other. It was quite stimulating just to be a spectator...but I had work to do.

"Leader". "Commander". "Alpha". Ever notice how, during a battle, these titles suddenly become both a hinderance and an advantage? On the one hand, I was a primary, crippling target for the Cains to take shots at. On the other hand, the Venti would rally behind me, and protect me with their very lives.

That was what turned the tables on me, and on them.

On the one hand, I kept my hostage.

On the other hand, I lost their Leader.

Ah, well. You win some, you lose some. They'd soon learn that nothing came without a price.

~Tobi~
~Still a little rushed...but hopefully not too bad? XD It's probably the Angel thing that throws it off...~
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 pm

"Shhhhhh, Fawn, shhhhhh. Everything will be fine, you'll see." I hekd her in my arms as she sobbed. The Cains had come back, demanding that we give them back Fawn and Vern. A battle had broken out, and the Cains had been able to get Vern out, but not Fawn. She had kept cool during the battle, turning into a dragon, fighting with everything in her, but it had not helped. She was broken-hearted, and although she loved me, she wanted to go home. I did not blame her, I would too.

"How can you say everything will be fine? That might have been my only chance to escape, and now it's gone!" she looked at me through tears, begging me to understand something she could not understand herself. I didn't know what was going on in her head, how she felt, or why.

I lifted her head, kissing her gently, trying to comfort her. "My love, at least we are together. At least Remiel didn't take you." I whispered. I did not want to scare her, but she should know that he might do something like that. She looked up at me, suprised and slightly frightened.

"He would do something like that? Take us away from each other? Wh-what would he do?" Her voice had become a whisper, not wanting to know the answer.

"He might torture you. How, I wouldn't know. I'm not that type of person." I kissed her hair. "Also, if he tried, I promise with all my heart and soul that I would do anything to stop him." It was a solem promise, but she lifted her head, smiling. I smiled back, kissing her again. I was suprised when she deepend the kiss, although I didn't mind at all.

My mind was whirling as my comforting turned to kissing, barely stopping to gasp for air in between. Each one was filled with passion, more passion than the last one. Before I knew it, my hands were at her waist, on her hips, and I was almost on top of her. She gasped, and I did too.

~In the morning

Clothes littered the floor of my elaborate tent, as sunlight began streaming through the make-shift window, casting a pattern on Fawns face. I was pulling on my rumpled clothes from the floor. They really weren't that dirty, I had spent most of yesterday inside.

"Igor?" She mumbled from the bed. I went to it, leaning over her.

"Yes, my love?"

"What happened..."

"Sh. We will not speak of it when the sun is out, for in this camp,even the trees have ears." She nodded, understanding. I kissed her, and she kissed me back. I pulled away, smiling. "I have duties as the leader of the Venti. You also might want to pull some clothes on before someone comes in looking for me." I smiled again.

After last night, I had a secret, but it was not one I could tell Remiel. What was to happen to us now?

~This stays on this site! I feel as though I've written porn! I'm almost embarased.
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 pm

A flurry of yells around the camp woke me from my nap. I had been at the Venti camp for two days after I awoke, and had all my energy replaced. I opened up my tent flap and saw the Cains' and Ventis' fighting each other.

"Oh my gosh!", I said when I saw no Fawn in the fighting. But on the good part of this, I saw Vern had been rescued.

'Well, time to shift' I thought. So, I changed into my cat form. I was a Black and White cat with gray spots. And I had razor sharp claws. Then I ran onto the Cains' side of the fighting.

"Hey,Vern!" I yelled becuase the fighting was so loud.

She yelled back to me,"How are you doing, Amy?"

I responded back saying,"Good, you?" She tried to respond back I think, but I could not hear her over the fighting. Then I shifted back to my human form and started to deliver roundhouse kicks to the 5 Ventis' that surrounded me.

"What are you going to do you stupid Cain?" asked one of them. That infuriated me so much all of them dropped like stones after that. As I finished off the last one, another group came at me. This group had Igor as its' leader.

"What are you doing in the middle of a fight , Igor?" I asked mockingly.

He said,"Do you expect me to miss out on a good fight Cain?" My anger shot up through the roof at that statement. I sent a snap kick to his jaw and a roundhouse kick to his crotch after that. He dropped in pain of my kicks. I started to fight the other 4 when he came back up from the ground. They dropped like stones at my fury.

He said,"Boo!" from behind my back, and I did not have enough time to turn around before he hit me in the small of the back with a kick. I dropped in pain. I was nearly knocked out. I got up after I healed my back. Oddly, I did not feel a drain on my energy.

I said,"Gotcha!" from behind him as he did with me. I hit him in the head with a kick and knocked him out. The pain of my back and energy drain hit me as I sagged back over to the Cains' and I collapsed, convulsing.

People kept on saying, "Are you okay Amy?" and Vern came over to me. I felt her pick me up and try to give me energy, but it was impossible to give other people your energy.

Then darkness dominated my vision and I blacked out.

~This may be a little bit late than what you wanted but I had to think of the plotline.
~Another blacking out post. (I think of them REALLY easily.)
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 27974

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm

~Hannah~ (I know, finally, right)

~~~~~~~That Night~~~~~~~~

"Antonio," I whispered as gently as I could to my older brother, " I'm going to go outside for a while."
"I-in the dark!? By you-yourself!?" He stuttered, still frightened my Remiel.
"Don't worry, brother. I won't be far off." I ran my long, graceful fingers through his think dark locks. I smiled, probably too innocently. But, then again, Antonio trusted me. I'm still not sure why we're here at this camp, but Antonio won't tell me. I will go where he goes, stand beside him since we have no other family. It does not bother me like I guessed it would, but living here with my big brother is all I need.
"Okay, please come back soon, Hannah. I don't like you out at night." He replied smoothly, unlike he did with others. I didn't bother him, or put him under pressure like others.
"You don't let me out at all," I remind him. I wave to him, and slowly stalk my way out into the moon light. I begin walking towards the forest, which I always do on Thursday nights.

Snap! I hear a twig snap. I stop dead in my tracks. Who-or what- was it behind me?

There are many shadow silhouettes along the ground, and I follow them. I know I shouldn't, Antonio would have a heart attack if he knew. He fears these people, or most of them think he does. I can make out a girl....... Let's see...... A girl and a boy, probably around my brother's age, but their height differed. I had never seen this girl before. Her long hair was pretty, but everything else I could not see. The man beside her......... No, I don't think I knew him either, He looked vaguely familiar though. I don't like it, I dont't like having a stranger at this camp. I took out my new dagger I picked up in the forest.

Mrrrrreow.

Aww! I look down at my feet. There's a cat. I adore cats. This one was a Russian Blue, I was sure of it, but then again it was dark. I followed the cat into a tent, without realized who. I picked up the cat, and held it close against my heart. I haven't held a creature this fragile in a while, and it felt good to feel his own heart pumping against my chest.

I feel a pair of eyes stared down at me. I look up frightened at what I might find. My eyes meet with a pair of beautiful green eyes. I observe his face, panic stricken. He's blond........ familiar, I've seen him before. REMIEL! My brother hates him, and always warns me to keep out of his sight.

"Oh, DAMMIT." I say out loud. I hold up my dagger. "GET AWAY FROM ME," I scream. He only stares at me, shocked. He doesn't know who I am, no one does. Antonio kept me as a secret for so long, no one knows I exist, but yet I know many of them exist. I sprint out of his tent, only to fall on top of the strange girl with the long, auburn hair. My dagger misses her head by an inch, and I jump up. "LEAVE ME ALONE! Don't hurt me!" I start screaming hysterically, these people scare me. They have weapons, and mine is stuck in the ground. She holds her hand out to me.

"We won't hurt you," she says quietly to me as she holds out her hand. I slap it away.

"Just get the hell away from me!" I want to reach for my dagger, but instead I find myself running into the forest, hidden by the shadows.

I have a hate for these people, they're distrustful, violent, inhumane monsters to me. I haven't met a single soul filled with kindness here. Was she the girl from the Cain's my brother warned me about? Why was she here? IN OUR CAMP? Dangerous. Was she a traitor to her camp? Was she using us? My mind filled up with accusations.

I loathe her with a fiery passion, even without knowing her story.

~Swifty~ 13
PS: My friend Hannah would never cuss or hate on people like this. (: Sorry, I didn't want to make her perfect, but really, she comes real close. <3
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 pm

~Fawn~

I was sitting at Igor's desk in the morning, drawing a sketch of some of the strays that wandered around the Venti camp. All of a sudden, I heard a commotion out side. I jumped up, shot out of the tent, and saw nearly all of the Cains tackling and fighting with other Ventis. I looked around frantically, and spotted Igor struggling under the weight of Evan, one of the newer Cains. I sprinted over to him and bowled him over, hissing. We rolled over and over each other, until we hit a tree.
"F-Fawn!?" He growled.
"Walk away." I snarled in his ear. He immediately got up and ran, tackling a different Venti.
Not knowing what to do, I pushed Igor into the trees at the very edge of the clearing.
"Stay here." I whispered. He nodded.
I ran out into the middle of the fighting.
"STOP!" I shouted. Everyone immediately froze, turning to me. I locked my eyes on Vern.
"Why have you come?"
She walked toward me, a harsh glint in her eyes.
"To get you back."
Dear, rash, impulsive Vern.
"How sweet," We all turned to Remiel. "It makes me sick, how you think we will just hand over your precious Fawn."
"Take me instead." Vern growled. I almost rolled my eyes. Remiel pondered this for a moment.
"Very well. Galia, Kat, take her to the prisoner's keep." A snow leopard and a wolf came and flanked Vern, and I saw Igor jog toward me. As he came closer, Galia bumped into him. He jumped, and smacked her away. There was a sharp, sickening snap, and Galia fell to the ground. Vern shrieked and dropped down next to her. I ran in, skidding and scraping up my knees as I held my hands out, telling everyone to step back. I carefully rested my head on Galia's chest. I frowned, and reached into my utility belt full of herbs I had gathered over the years. I stuck some Mint, Dock Leaves, and Burdock Root in my mouth and started chewing as I scooted around toward Galia's head.
I put some Yarrow into her mouth and closed it.
"Make her chew and swallow." I ordered Vern, who immediately started moving Galia's Jaw.
After she had swallowed, I spat out the leaves and roots and rubbed them into her neck fur. I carefully took her head in both hands, then jerked it to the right. There was another snap, then a pop. Vern screamed, and I smiled in triumph as Galia's eyes fluttered opes, and she began breathing again. Vern glared at Igor, roared, and shifted into a dragon. She ran towards him, but I leaped in front of him.
"You lay one claw on him and I'll rip your wings off." I hissed darkly.
"You speak as if you could possible do that." She growled. I narrowed my eyes and took Igor's hands in mine.
"Would you like to see me try?" Vern was taken aback. She obviously put two and two together. She roared furiously, then flew away.
Igor put his hand on my shoulder. I spun around.
"I have to fix this." I heard panic leak into my voice. I shifted into a griffin. He nodded and planted a quick kiss on my forehead. I took a running leap, and followed Vern's thought trail.

~~After Finding Vern~~

"Traitor!" Vern snarled when I came into view. "He is the enemy!"
"Do not speak a word to me about betrayal, Wyvern. You have no room after what happened to Soot." I hissed. Her eyes widened.
"That was not my fault! I--" I held up an hand, cutting her off.
"Igor belongs to me, and I belong to Igor. I have been claimed. You cannot do anything about it now. If you don't like it, good for you, because as of now, I am neutral. Igor and I will be around, but we will not take sides. We will be..." I chuckled as I turned away. "...Speculators of this ridiculous game."
With that, I leaped into the air, and shifted back into a griffin to go and fetch Igor.
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Vern~~~~

I hear the crack of soul- simultaneous to the crack of Galia's neck. I can only see her face, and it's dark skin tone. Tears stream down my face as I work my daughters jaw. She groans and relief floods my heart before it is replaced by anger.

I leap up ready to snap Igor's scrawny neck.
"YOU!" I snarl.
But Fawn leaps in front of him as I shift into my dragon form.
"Touch him and I'll rip your wings off."

I all most laugh out loud. "You say that as if you think you can."

"Wanna see me try?" I search her face and realize she means it.

I hiss angrily, before looking at my beautiful broken daughter, and lifting into the sky, flew away.

After a minute of roaring silence, I hear wing-beats and turn around as Fawn lands.
"TRAITOR!" I screeched feeling my eyes shift to dragon.

"Do not speak a word to me about betrayal, Wyvern. You have no room after what happened to Soot." Fawn hissed at me.

"That was not my fault! I--" I said but she held up an hand, cutting me off.

"Igor belongs to me, and I belong to Igor. I have been claimed. You cannot do anything about it now. If you don't like it, good for you, because as of now, I am neutral. Igor and I will be around, but we will not take sides. We will be..." She chuckled as she turned away. "...Speculators of this ridiculous game."

Then she left. And I was glad, because my temper as getting the best of me, and I did not want to hurt Fawn again. The horrible part of me, the part that was damaged, the part that plagued my soul wanted just that. For me to tear her throat out, without remorse, to rip her apart as her claws scrambled uselessly against my glossy scales.. The worst par twas, I knew exactly how to do it, and I had to fight it everyday- and every our.

I flew back to the Venti camp, and found Galia, waiting.
'Can I talk toy you? Privately?" I ask nervously.
"Uhhhh, sure?" She replied hastily.
We walked into the nearby tent. and I told her, what I hadn't told anyone- not even Fawn.
"I am- closer to you than you realized" I say, trying not jump into this rationally.
"I already no, we are like long lost cousins right?" she says brushing it off.
"No, uh, closer"
"Step sisters?," She said hesitantly.
"I only wish.... even closer dear."
"Dear? What do you mean dear?" She said.
I didn't reply and watched her gray eyes widen, in horror.
"Your my mother?!?! This must be a mistake!" She said getting up to pace around
"How could my giving birth to you be a mistake?" I said, and winced at my own words. Because it was a mistake, a horrible, awful, terrible mistake. How can it bring me something something so beautiful in return
" I still love you" I offered
"Yo- you do?" She said her eyes hopeful.
"Always and forever."
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
giraffe22

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 pm

I became consious of my surroundings right away when I woke up. I had a not very sluggish brain, but my back throbbed in pain. Only a few synapses in my brain had actually connected in my brain by that point. And I thought of a couple of words,
Cain camp.
I felt gratitude, but at the same time, oddly confusion.

'How did I end up here?', I thought. I remembered Vern, then a battle between me and Igor before he kicked me in the back. Then Igor crumping unconsious after I hit him in the head. After that it was all pain and misery.

I decided to get up. Then a face flashed through my vision, a pale face with green eyes.

'Probably one of the Ventis' I thought. I got up and winced as my back muscles streched. I opened up the tent flap and took a breath of fresh air.

'How come Cains and Ventis had to be so ... hateful about each other?' I thought. Days among the Ventis' were actually .... good with me for some odd reason. But not as good as being with the Cains. My first thought was to see Fawn.

"Oh my gosh!" I said when I remembered Fawn was not rescued. But I remembered Vern was rescued.

"I will go visit Vern later, maybe she will need me." I said quietly. And I continued on. I stopped by a lake that was reflective and saw I was REALLY, REALLY Pale. The events of the last week had taken a toll on me. I almost looked like a ghost now.

'So I have looked for Vern this past week, been taken hostage by Ventis' for 4 days and been rescued by Cains'.' I thought. All three of us- Fawn, Vern and I had been through alot this past week. And I was Newbie! But I had gone through my first change, and I was kind of happy that I had.

'Time to stop by Verns' tent and see her.' I said out loud. I found her tent in the camp and went inside it.
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 27974

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:22 pm

~Antonio~

No, Hannah! Get away from there! I try to scream out to my little sister, but I'm too far away. I want to run to her defense, but I'm stuck to the ground beneath my feet, frozen in place. Hannah! I yell out in my mind. My mouth is dry, the words are dead. I cannot speak. Hannah, stop! Please don't move! Sweat trickles down my tan forehead, into my eyes, blinding them. I open them only to see the arrow- the arrow aimed at my baby sister. Nooooo! I fall down to my knees on the moist forest floor, her scream will haunt me for the rest of my life.

"NO!" I wake up in a cold sweat. Seth perks up his ears at my awakening. I prop myself up on the air mattress Hannah and I share...... Hannah...Where the hell is Hannah!? Hershey, her kitten, is still here... I jump off of the air mattress and run to the entrance of the tent. I can't call out her name, someone would hear; the last thing I would want her exposed to this kind of crap.

"Antonio! Antonio! Antonio, let me in!" I hear the familiar voice that I was desperate to hear. I turn my head in the direction of it. "Antonio! Antonio! Don't let them catch me!!" I catch a glimpse of Hannah's deep chocolate brown hair flying behind her. She's sprinting toward the tent, as fast as she can possibly go. She trips over a rock, and falls into me, knocking the breath straight out of me.

"Big Brother (although she pronounces it 'big brudder'), I'm sorry. I followed some people, and I was scared and I ran..... and- and I think they're following me, but I'm not- not sure, because I didn't want to look back because they scared me, and please, please forgive me, Antonio. I'm sorry." She sobs hysterically. "I won't go out far again, Big Brother, I promise. I promise I won't go far."

I hug her. "Please, do not EVER do that again. God, you scared me half to death. Don't EVER do that again. Do you hear me, Hannah?"
She nods in response, through her tears.
"You're not allowed to go out by yourself anymore- unless your with me."
"Okay," she responds miserably.
"Okay what scared you?"
"There was this boy- man- whatever, and he had these bright green eyes, and all I wanted to do was pet the cat- I didn't know that that was his tent, and he surprised me. And I ran out and fell on top of this girl I don't know but I hate her anyway. I think that was the girl you warned me about- she had the long auburn hair- and she was with a guy I didn't recognize and-"
"What?!" I interrupted her. "You were in Remiel's tent!? You- They could have killed you! They don't know who you are, for God's sake! You could have been a d_mn Cain!"
"I won't do it ever again, Antonio. I swear."
"Just go to sleep now, okay, Hannah?"

She nods in agreement and I pick her up and place her down on the air mattress. "Now go to sleep," I mutter. "We are going somewhere some place tomorrow." I walk over toward the tent's entrance to make sure no one is out there.

"Igor is pathetic." I whisper quietly. "Falling for that d_mn Cain!" My whisper soon turns into a shout.

~Nikki (:
And there it is..... Antonio's introduction.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm

~Fawn~

I made a messy landing in the Venti camp, backpedaling to avoid running into a group of newbies. I shifted immediately into human form, and did a quick 360 in search of Igor. Of course! He was in the tent! I jogged over that way and pushed open the tent flap.
"We have to go." I said, and Igor jumped.
"Why so?" His eyebrows pulled together.
"...Vern... She's..." I frowned, feeling my bottom lip start to tremble a little. Igor was next to me in a flash, pulling me close to him and wrapping his arms around me. I made a face as I tried not to cry.
"Shh..." he whispered. "It's okay. We can leave if you want." I nodded into his chest and sighed.
He smelled good.
Like grass and... Igor.
We stayed like that for a while, and I wished I never would have to let go.
But I did.
He immediately got to work. I packed up the tent while he told Remiel about us leaving.

And what a joy Remiel's reaction turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:52 pm

I was drawing up a battle plan when Fawn burst into my tent. She looked a little crazied, an unusual thing for Fawn.

"We have to go." I jumped at her words. Go? Why? I though she was okay being here. Maybe not being rescued had been worse than I thought...

"Why so?" I felt my brow furrow together. What was going on. Fawn was never like this.

"...Vern...She's..." I saw her lip start to tremble, and I knew something must be frightening her. I went to her, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her close, hoping to make her feel safe and secure in something. Her face controted against my chest, probably trying to hold back tears.

"Shh..." I whispered into her hair. "It's okay. We can leave if you want." I couldn't say no, not if these unknown demons were after her in her mind. She nodded quickly, a bit relieved probably that I had constented without argument. I felt her breath in deep. Why, I couldn't understand. Perhaps she liked my scent, as I liked hers. I held her in my arms for I don't know how long, but eventually, I had to let go.

I knew we would have to take off fast, so I asked Fawn to begin packing while I went to give Remiel the battle plan I had been drawing up and tell him we were leaving. I didn't care what he thought, what he would do to stop us. If my love needed to go, then I would go. I trusted her, with my life, which is much, much more than I can say for Remiel. His reaction, I cannot put words too.

~In the woods.

"How much farther is it, Igor? I don't mean to complain, but we've been walking for hours." I didn't want to walk as humans either, but because we had needed to take things with us, we had too. Fawn was a gentel girl, and I knew that. The place i was thinking we could stay was just up the hill, through some awful brambles, I might add.

"It's just through this thicket, honey, promise. Now be careful, these things hurt." I tried to keep the branches out of her face, but I could only do so much. She tried not to complain, fighting her way through the prickly stems, getting poked and prodded. I had taken most of our load, and I knew she would forgive me once she saw where i was taking her.

I held out the last of the twigs from her face, and let her step into the clearing. She gasped out loud. There was a waterfall with a ring of white sand, a meadow filled with the most beautiful fowers ever found on the earth, the grass a wonderful green and the sky pure blue, only interuppted by a few peaks of a mountain. Her eyes wide, I took her hand, whispering in her ear so as not to break the spell "I take it you like it?" She only nodded, to in awe of the beauty that surrounded her. "My parents used to bring me here when i was but a small child. We came her for picnics and outings of all sorts. They stopped when I was a teenager, once I began to change. I haven't seen this place in who knows how long, but I thought it would be perfect."

She turned to me, a smile on her lips. "Thank you. I can understand why your family liked it. does anyone else know it's here?"

"No, it was my parents property. I inherited it when they passed, right after my transformation was complete. This place is totally secluded, and it will be only you and me." I pulled her into a kiss, delighted that I could share this wonderful place with her. No matter what happened, I knew she would be safe now. Safe was the only thing I had thought of when I thought of this place.

Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 am

~Remiel~

Life is way harder than it should be, especially since we have no choice in the matter. We're born and they automatically expect us to build a life for ourselves; as if the world isn't already overpopulated. That's why we're going to find that stupid Gem first; humans are a worthless waste of space.

We are dominant.

"Mein gott."

(What does that mean?)

"My god."

(You're quite...eloquent, today.)

I had the right to be more than a little surprised after a packmate I'd never seen before ran around
causing chaos. On the list of things your packmates are never supposed to do, hiding siblings is pretty high up. And the German Shepherd, of all people! I hadn't thought that guy had enough guts to hide an extra serving of dessert, much less a person.

So, I went to the place where I could best sort out my thoughts: the lake. We probably needed to move camp soon. Not only did the Cains know exactly where it was, but we'd also gotten a few leads on the location of our quarry, the Were Gem.

I allowed my stare to wander into the distance, my head resting in the palm of my hand.
All I was really doing was avoiding my reflection. For some odd reason, I'd always hated my reflection, and I knew for a fact that this lake's murky green water would show me my face as clearly as any mirror.

I didn't want to see that scar again...

Fire flashed through my mind; if I'd bothered to look, I probably would've seen it in my eyes as well. Burning buildings, burning people...That's life for you.
|~*~|
The moment I set foot into camp, I was bombarded by questions, complaints, and very unsettling
news, the latter of which leading me to stand in the center of Igor's tent. "IGOR LOIC. IF YOU SAY IT'S TRUE, I'LL KILL YOU. IF YOU SAY IT ISN'T TRUE, I'LL KILL YOU. Either way, you die and I'm happy, so speak now," I growled, slamming my fist into the wooden post that supported the tent. The whole thing teetered dangerously, but somehow managed to remain upright.

"Calm yourself," he sighed, reaching out to pat Alfred on the head. The curly-furred cat jerked away quick as lightening; despite his attention-hog habits, Alfred knew where the quality love came from.

"It's true."

"You can't just leave, Igor," I snapped, "What about Queen Night? The Gem? Your people?!" He shook his head, the gesture seeming almost...Sad, in a way. "That girl's got you whipped, Igor." I didn't bother with letting him reply; it was clear he was going to leave no matter what I said or did.

Leave. Just leave.

Those same two words kept repeating in my head as I stormed away, like a broken record I couldn't shut up. As did its synonym: abandon. Abandoning his packmates for a stupid, pathetic Cain girl.
You don't abandon your packmates. Ever.

The Venti have a certain belief regarding the afterlife. If you're faithful to your packmates, and never betray them for any reason, you will find happiness and long life after death. If you do betray them, and turn on them in a time of need, you will find nothing but Hell's flames awaiting you.

~Tobi~
~So, a little short, again, but I hope ya' get the sense that somethin's bulidin'.~ ;D
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

~Fawn~

The stars were out, shining brighter than they ever had before. I was laying on my back, staring up at the stars.
"Beautiful." I murmured to myself.
"Very." I heard Igor say beside me. I smiled and closed my eyes.
"Vern will enjoy these." A hint of sorrow leaked into my voice before I could stop it.
"Oh?" Igor said, almost inaudibly.
"She... She travels fast at night. As do all the Cains. That's how she goes. We do travel sluggishly during the day, but we all shift at night and run. As fast as we all can. For hours on end, at times." Igor was silent.
"A very wise plan indeed. Vern's very smart." I nodded and opened my eyes.
"You're tired." Igor had a smile in his voice.
"A little. But I don't want to move." I sighed.
"You don't have to." He whispered. I grinned and closed my eyes again, ready to fall asleep. I dozed off and thought absentmindedly about my fight with Vern. I frowned. She could be so difficult sometimes. I didn't know why I put up with it. How could I have missed her attitude all these years?
My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of crunching leaves far over to my right. I opened my eyes, turned my head, and saw Igor's figure disappearing into the woods. I sat up slowly and began to follow him through the woods.

~...~

I was crouched on the ground, listening to Igor and Remiel speak.
"What have you gotten?" Remiel asked with a bitter hint of disgust in his voice.
"They go by night. They travel slowly in the day, and run at night." Igor whispered. Remiel chuckled, and I slapped my hand over my mouth, feeling tears well up in my eyes.
"Very good. Have you gotten a battle plan out of her?" Remiel said in a low growl.
"Remiel, I can't--" I burst into the tent then, a stern look on my face. I felt the tears spill down my cheeks.
"You don't love me." I hissed dangerously.
"Fawn, honey--" I held my hand up.
"Don't you honey me. You don't love me. You only wanted Vern's plans!" I felt myself losing control. I shook my head, glared at Igor, then at Remiel, who had a bored look on his face. I turned and ran from the tent.
"Fawn!" I heard Igor shout, then footsteps behind me. "It's not like that anymore!" I spun around, facing him.
"Of course it's not! You expect me to forgive and forget! But I CAN'T! You... You JERK!" I shouted, then turned away. He grabbed my arm, and that's when I whirled around and decked him. He fell to the ground, right on his butt, blood spurting from his nose.
"You're a selfish bastard. I don't know what I ever saw in you." I growled, then turned and fled.
Call me crazy, but I could have sworn I heard Remiel laughing.

He'd get what was coming to him. Very soon.

~Cheez
~ (Tobi, this is when Fawn returns and shanks the crap outta Remiel.)
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:42 pm

I was stroking Terra's broad flat head when Amy strolled in. . She came to sit beside me, and to  join met in the stroking if Terra's head. Silence takes the moment and a revelation is in order. 
"Vern?" Amy ask, her voice trembling.
"What happened?"
"My mistakes came back to slap me in the face," I say my voice hardening unintentionally. 
"What?!"
"I have a daughter.... And she's a Venti."
"Okay...... That's not bad right? She can came with us, I'm sure the Cains won't mind!"
"She doesn't want to come, Amy."
Amy's jaw dropped and her hand stilled, which, in turn, caused Terra to huff impatiently. 
"But, what about the battle plan?"
"It will carry," I said  solemnly.
"So you don't mind BOMNING YOUR DAUGHTER?!?!?!"
"It is what is best for the Cains," 

"I'll have Ethan, take her before the air raid," I say as if I wasn't worried. Which was a lie. "Though, maybe that's too dangerous...."

Amy's sudden spark of laughter caught me off guard and sent a hiss through my teeth. When she gave me a questionable look, I explained, "I am not used to such.... amusement in my space. It is not an Alpha's place to have fun," I say watching her face.

She nodded her head and a look of pity blemished her young eyes. "None, what did you and Fawn do all day?"

"Fawn was different.... She was closer to the Cain's than I ever was. I think that is why she was so susceptible to such weakness," I said reflecting on the past few days.

"Love is not  a weakness, Vern," Amy says carefully.

"You are right, but love leads to weakness," I say pointedly 

Amy pauses before saying "Ethan would do almost anything for you, yet you walk past him like a bat to a purple flower. Is it not also true that lovelessness can be as much of a weakness as it can lead to the blindness to beautiful things?"

I did not answer, instead I attuned to my senses, feeling that other part of me swarm trying to over throw my control.
My body swayed helplessly as I tried to calm down my inner self. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Vern, does anyone know about you?" Amy asked as I tried to calm myself
 down. 

"What do you mean?"

"I have seen you..... hunt more, and It seems as if ..... You aren't you, when you hunt. Then sometimes I see you, your teeth and your eyes..... It isn't good is it?"

"No," I sigh angrily at myself for leaving a trail,"It is not good.... I'm afraid that I won't 
last much longer," I confess

"What do you mean?" 

"I have a theory...... That every once and a  millennia, you get a were such as my self with what I call.... The Hunger.  There is a side of me that could.......  kill mercilessly. And soon, it will take over. That's why I had Fawn. She was my only successor but now.... There is Galia! If only she could see the error in her ways?!"

"How long?" Amy's voice was colder than steal, and her eyes bored into mine with such intensity.... It was almost unbearable.

"A few century."  her look of confusion brought out a smile from my face.

"That is such a short time, for were,." I explained

"Oh."

"So, I will lead the Air Assualt, You will lead the Eastern  assault, and Ethan the west. Our wolves will be led by Garrett and Hawthorne from the South quarter. Everyone has been notified of the battle tactics I assume.... And Amy?"

She looked at me with sadness in her gaze, "Yes?"

"Don't let me kill..... Innocent... Okay?"

"Of coarse."

I swettle back down, letting my hand fall into it's familiar stroking rhythm across Terra's head. 
Then the familiar threads of twilight drifting through the air caught my nose and me and Amy left the tent.

The Cain's stirred and I let my voice rise to greet them.
"Good rest my beloved ones. Rise! The hunt has resumed!"
Howls if triumph met my voice and the star's twinkled above me. If only life was as beautiful as the seemingly endless sky.

Okay- this I'd the reasons for Vern's cold heartedness, and her bloodthirstiness. And her thoughts with the help
Of Amy^^

Good job- Gira-Kohai, Nikki-chan, Cheeze- sama, Rachel- shan!! I'm sooo proud!!
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 am

Since no one's posting...

~Fawn~

I tore through the thorns and brambles the way I came. Tears streamed down my face, and the harsh branched were tearing my arms to shreds. I burst through the bushes and into the once beautiful clearing.
But it was no longer pretty.
It was tainted with sin and lies.
The waterfall was now impure, it's droplets no longer transparent; the grass wilting with guilt.
Igor had lied. He had deceived me. He had gone behind my back and done me wrong. I felt my face turn pink with rage and anger. I shouted an extremely vulgar curse and dove into the pool.
Then I realized: No! I can't be in here! This pool is not clean! I cannot get it's hate on me!
I struggled to get out and laid down on the grass. A new wave of sorrow washed over me.
So sat there, on that hateful, guilty grass by the muddy waterfall, and cried.

He would not have this child.

~Cheez~
Short and sweet, blah blah blah. Take it and run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*   Race to Night  *Started/No longer Accepting* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Race to Night *Started/No longer Accepting*
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next