Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Look Through Katniss's Eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin

WL Points : 117788
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: A Look Through Katniss's Eyes   Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm

As soon as Plutarch notifies me of Peeta's return, I push my way through the people and equipment crowding the hospital. I search nearly every floor when I come upon his room. I hesitate, wonder how he will react when he sees me. Would he wrap his arms around me and tell me he was fine? That he missed me? Would we sit in silence and enjoy each other's presence? Would he pick my up and spin me around like he did on a past interview with Caesar Flickerman? Either of the above will be fine by me.
I push open the wooden door to find him lying on the bed. His arms and legs are strapped down, his eyes closed. I decide to surprise him, and quietly tiptoe over to his bedside. I lightly push his blond bangs away from his face.
As soon as his eyes open, I know that something's wrong.
The blue irises, so full of light and energy are now vacant, distant. As his eyes focus upon me, there is no sign or recognition. No sign of relief. No sign that he ever knew who I was, or that he ever loved me. These eyes -- the ones that gave me hope in the Games. The ones that looked deep into mine during nightmares as he held me close and scared the darkness away -- have nothing. The spark is gone, robbed from them by some horrible force.
"Peeta?" I say.
He only stares at me, squinting as if the light is terrible.
But it's not.
"How...How do you know me?" He stammers. My stomach knots. I can barely move. I then turn frantic. I grab his hand, and he flinches.
"It's me!" I reply, a bit louder now. "Katniss Everdeen! You love me! You came out of the Hunger Games alive with me!" I am now screaming, and a machine starts beeping. I shout a little more, hoping to jog his memory a little, when the doctors come in and drag me away.
The last thing I see of him are those distant eyes, with nothing left, staring at me as if I've gone mad.
And I'm not sure that I haven't.

A less violent take of what I think should have happened with Peeta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor

WL Points : 19699

PostSubject: Re: A Look Through Katniss's Eyes   Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Hm. I have to say I like the one where he tried to kill her better. Makes you sceam and cry and wonder WHAT THE HECK DID PEETA JUST DO?!?! But this is. . . sweet. The pushing of the bangs away from his face, the doctor dragging her out. Why don't you give us some more, cause it kind of leaves you hangin'.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor

WL Points : 16938

PostSubject: I'm replying   Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Uh, wow. Very... dramatic. I'm not sure how to respond to that. However, I think your writeing was pretty good.
-Rachelle41 I love you
Back to top Go down
giraffe22
Junior Writer
Junior Writer

WL Points : 13071
Location : Camp Half-Blood during the Summer or Hogwarts during the school year.

PostSubject: Re: A Look Through Katniss's Eyes   Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:29 pm

That is less violent than trying to choke her. I was about to scream "Why did you try and kill Katniss you idiot!" at Peeta when he tried to kill her. But then I realized I was at home with my mom and sister.

~Giraffe22~
~May the odds be ever in your favor~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Look Through Katniss's Eyes   

Back to top Go down

A Look Through Katniss's Eyes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1