Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Go down 
+5
Arrow
Aphrodite
cheez_burger
Luv2Type
TheNewHero
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheNewHero
Instructor
Instructor
TheNewHero

WL Points : 27032

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Empty
PostSubject: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 am

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Lightning_thief Percy Jackson and the Olympians PercySeamonsters
What if you were the child of a god?
The son of Poseidon?
Percy Jackson and the Olympians The_titan's_curse
Percy Jackson and the Olympians PercyBattleLabyrinth
And Zeus' Lightning Bolt was stolen?
You're the Prime Suspect...
Percy Jackson and the Olympians 390px-The_Last_Olympian_cover

This is how Percy Jackson's journey starts, in the Lightning Thief. Throughout the action packed, hilarious series, Percy confronts huge challenges. From fighting the forces of the Titans to dealing with his confused teenage life, Percy Jackson is Half Boy, Half god, ALL Hero Smile

There are also British Covers...
But they are too large for me to upload.

Anyway, they've even made a movie about this book.

My review:
It was really action packed and hilarious. The first person narration helped though at three stages in the series (Like sentences) it could get irritating. Favourite Characters? Lord Hermes. Perhaps. Anyway, I hope you read it!
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

WL Points : 31579

PostSubject: Really?   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi TheNewHero. Are those books really that good? I always pass them by, they look. . . weird. No offense. But still, they don't look that good. And are they really that funny? They don't loom funny. Give me something funny they say/do. A good one. A scene or something. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TheNewHero
Instructor
Instructor
TheNewHero

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson, Are they Really good   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 am

Luv2Type wrote:
Hi TheNewHero. Are those books really that good? I always pass them by, they look. . . weird. No offense. But still, they don't look that good. And are they really that funny? They don't loom funny. Give me something funny they say/do. A good one. A scene or something. Thanks!

Firstly, there is only one God. And that is quickly brushed through in this book.

"Are you telling me there is such a thing as God?"
"Well, Percy let's not deal with the metaphysical."
"But you said..."
"Gods. Plural. Personfications of nature. Much smaller matter."

I also believe like you but I really didn't mind this book. Didn't infringe my beliefs and it should never be compared to Harry Potter. Smile Sorry, just ranting Smile

Funny? Let's see... in Book Five, when Dionnysus is warning percy of iminent doom, he is playing pac-man. "Elle es Korokass, Blinky!"

The thing about it is its not really like... My gosh its a hydra or cyclops. There's no bloodshed in the books and is suitable for kids between 4 -15. Its about demigods in the modern day world. So of course they'll care about video games and Burger King. I find they represent what a god would be today very funny. Smile But I can't give a great review Sad Anyway, I'd still just check it out. You'd enjoy it. Very light-hearted.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

WL Points : 129668
Location : Wandering around in Wonderland (Tis what I do best)

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:40 pm

VERY light-hearted!
Back to top Go down
https://wonderlands.darkbb.com
Aphrodite

WL Points : 31385

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Luv2Type wrote:
Hi TheNewHero. Are those books really that good? I always pass them by, they look. . . weird. No offense. Another thing. You can't be half god. There's only one God. Well, you are talking about Greek myth right? Thats why they're called myths. But still, they don't look that good. And are they really that funny? They don't loom funny. Give me something funny they say/do. A good one. A scene or something. Thanks!

Luv2Type, these books are not centered on Christianity, but rather, Greek Mythology. And rather then making such assumptions, why don't you read the books?
Back to top Go down
http://youngwriterssociety.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Just finished reading Lightning Theif, Hero. LOVED IT.
Back to top Go down
Arrow
Instructor
Instructor
Arrow

WL Points : 28408

PostSubject: Wit the religion? Again?   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 am

Ok first of all Luv. they are AT OUR SCHOOL! So OBVIOUSLY they CANNOT GO AGAINST ANY RELIGION!. Gosh why can't people put that together. Second, they are hilarious and you should at least try them before you start saying what MIGHT be bad about them. I'm sorry but I really don/t like when people INCLUDING you, do that. It is hilarious. It doesn't say this religion this certain religion is wrong and that one is right.It is really funny.
Funny Scene from the Titans Curse.:
"well this is the Hoover Dam," I say, "I'm hungry."
"Yeah, we should probably find the dam food court," Zoe replies."
"The dam food court," laughs Grover"
"The dam food court!"
"What is so funny?"
"Yeah and after we should go to the Dam bathroom!"
"And then to the Dam Gift shop!"
"What the hell is so funny!"
'OOh she said a dam bad word!"
"Near the Dam gift shop!"
"Forget it!"
Back to top Go down
http://www. Elcheart.darkbb.com
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28957

PostSubject: Oh yeah~!   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:15 pm

I read this whole series earlier in the year...It rocks~! Luv, there's no religious bashing, it's just fiction based on mythology. There's plenty of that out there. In one of the books, Percy mentions God, and asks about His relation to the Greek gods and goddesses. I believe it was Chiron who replied, saying something along the lines of, "Now, Percy, let's not confuse the physical with the metalphysical." So while they're gods, there's still THE God. 'Sides, it's a great series, and it's in all the school libraries, as arrow said.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28084

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:52 pm

These were the best books I have ever read. They were amazing. My little sister bought me The Lightniing Thief at a garage sale, and finished it in a day, scratch that, in about 2 hours. Everynight my dad would take my to Borders at about 9:30 at night and get me the next book. I heard there is a new one coming out. I'm not sure. I honestly LOVE EACH ONE.
~Nikki
P.S. Annabeth rocks. So unlike Bella.
Back to top Go down
TheNewHero
Instructor
Instructor
TheNewHero

PostSubject: RE: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:12 am

New series coming up! The Heroes of Olympus! The first book is the Lost Hero dealing with a missing Percy Jackson. The main character is the son of Zeus. Wikipedia!
Back to top Go down
Satchelle
Satchelle

WL Points : 24988

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:07 pm

I've read most of the books and although the formatting seems pin-pointed towards younger kids (the large print, the humour etc) I found it really refreshing. Smile I totally loved the animated way the author wrote the appearences of each god. For example, Poseidon wearing a fisherman's hat, that killed me! XD It's a great story and immediately had me thinking up my own OC's (I do that a lot). I'd reccomend reading the series to anyone. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Arrow/anyone who has read these books, do they cuss? Because I do NOT read books that cuss unless it's for summer reading or the teacher's reading it. Sometimes I will, but most of the time I'll feel guilty later and stop. And the part about the one god wearing a fishing hat is. . . kinda funny. I guess.
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:08 pm

-.-"

No, Luv. They don't cuss.
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Cheez. I just wanted to make sure and have some peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Rachelle41
Instructor
Instructor
Rachelle41

WL Points : 28818

PostSubject: I'm replying!   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm

That does sound like a pretty cool book. I saw previews for the movie. Zack Efron played Percy/main character. Maybe I'll read the books and see the movie afterward, just to see everyting they did wrong, like in the Twilight Saga. silent
Back to top Go down
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28084

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Rachelle41 wrote:
That does sound like a pretty cool book. I saw previews for the movie. Zack Efron played Percy/main character. Maybe I'll read the books and see the movie afterward, just to see everyting they did wrong, like in the Twilight Saga. silent

DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE! WHATEVER YOU DO! DON'T WATCH IT! That's why I got cheez to make a movie review chain~! =D

~Nikki
Back to top Go down
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 pm

ExCUSE me!?! Zac Efron is definitely NOT that HOT. That is NOT him. Yes! Watch the movie! The plost is messed up, but watch it anyway! Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Luv2Type
Instructor
Instructor
Luv2Type

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 pm

What the heck? I'm missing somethig here. What's wrong with the movie? And Zac. F. is sorta cute/hot. Why don't you think so?
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 28957

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:16 am

No, no, I think they mean he isn't as cute as the actor who plays Percy in the movie. And it's true, girl. That guy is hard to beat...The movie doesn't follow the book plotline AT ALL so people who, like us, love the book, are a bit disappointed with it.

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
cheez_burger
Admin
Admin
cheez_burger

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Well, I do love the book and the movie, just not in relation to each other. The movie is great on its own, without being compared to the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians   Percy Jackson and the Olympians Empty

Back to top Go down

Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wonderland :: Community :: Books-
Jump to: