Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you wander around, review, and post your literary works!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29047

The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan Empty
PostSubject: The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan   The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Hokkaido, Japan

Reiko Arisa sighed disinterestedly as she gazed out of her window at the blur of snow pouring down from the sky. She'd had no news of the outside world for days, and, to be honest, she was utterly bored. No internet, no cable, nothing...what was she supposed to do all day, read?!

Although she could do with a little catching up on her studies...But no, studying was for nerds. She'd just have to rely on her natural intelligence. That was, after all, how she'd made it through all her past years of schooling with the top grades in her class.

She had been living on her own for the past eight years-ever since she was eight, actually. No parents, just an enormous amount of money to be used for living purposes. So far, she hadn't even spent half of it, something she found rather shocking. If only she didn't live in Sapporo,
Hokkaido...Heck, that wasn't even on the main island! And everyone knew all the big stores were in Tokyo.

Not that she needed fashionable clothes or accessories to look great. In her opinion, she looked amazing no matter what she was wearing...Traditional Japanese, unaffected by Western influences. All those dyed and artificially tanned kogals were the epitome of disgusting to her, mainly because that was all they'd ever be. Insufferable kogals.

Her own black-as-night hair, held back in a high ponytail with straight bangs falling into her equally dark blue eyes, was purely natural. In fact, she'd never had to use any fancy shampooes or conditioners due to it's natural silkiness. The only thing annoying about it was the fact that it couldn't be curled. Ever. Quite tragic, really.

Reiko, deciding the window was no longer to be graced with her entrancing stare, moved to a more comfortable perch; namely, her soft couch made of 100% black silk. It was so very, very squishy...

One particular magazine stood out from all the others on her glass coffee table. Curious, she reached over and plucked it from the pile. Odd. She didn't remember owning it...

"Oh, a Chanel catalouge...I barely recognized it." She muttered, smirking slightly. The model on the cover wasn't one she recognized...Sadly. His beauty was comparable to her own.

Flipping over onto her back, Reiko studied the model a bit more carefully, Strangely enough, he looked kinda familiar..."HOLY--REINO?! REINO SUNOIMI?!?!"

And thus ends Part 1 of my pre-apopalyptic tale~!

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
NikkiSwift
Honorable Writer
Honorable Writer
NikkiSwift

WL Points : 28174

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan   The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:00 am

That was awesome,Tobi. Perfect way to end a chapter. It keeps the reader interested enough to move on to the next.
'The only thing annoying about it was the fact that it couldn't be curled. Ever. Quite tragic, really.' Nice humor. It really is very tragic...
Outstanding grammar! XD
~Nikki

Last edited by NikkiSwift on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spelled grammar wrong! XD)
Back to top Go down
grace1096
Junior Writer
Junior Writer
grace1096

WL Points : 26675

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan   The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey Tobi-chan! I really, really liked this! The grammar really WAS impeccable! I can't wait to hear more about Reiko and Reino. I wonder if they are related... Their names are quite similar! I like how you show how self-centered this Reiko girl is. In your next part of the novel, you really should say some more about her, because I am SO curious! All-in-all, this is an amzing piece of work. I like how you add some culture to our website. You are very special!

Write On,
Grace1096
flower
Back to top Go down
Tobi-chan
Admin
Admin
Tobi-chan

WL Points : 29047

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan   The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

X3 Thanks you two~! Although that's what I asked you to do...XD Well, Part 2 is out, in case you were wondering...I didn't even realize how similar their names were! XD Well, I named Reiko at random, and Reino is one of my favorite Japanese names...I do add culture, don't I? Even though I'm Polish-American, not Japanese-American...Ah, well, a girl can dream. Actually, the next part is all about Reino. 'Course, he remembers Reiko in pretty much the same way...XD That was intentional, though! After that, I've got the German girl-boy pair and the American girl-boy pair. Ooooh. And you might want to read the prologue too, so you can understand where this is all going...XD Well, thanks~!

~Tobi~
Back to top Go down
http://radneto.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan   The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meaning (part 1) Hokkaido, Japan
Page 1 of 1